Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Another Christmas crafty thingy :)

Oakley
13 years ago

By jove I think I'm getting the hang of it! I also think I copied this from someone here. lol.

This is what I did on Sunday. I love the Trifle bowl, it was only $5 at Walmart!

Comments (17)

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Well, that is for sure a cutie!!! I will have to "try this at home :^)"
    Thank you so much for your idea, it is beautiful!!
    J

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

too cute - I almost picked a large clear straight side vase at K-Mart just awhile ago but it was too tall and slender for what I want to do - it will be similar to that but with a couple of trees. Aren't these quick crafts just the neatest thing and they look so festive - good job .....

Lynne

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is cute as a button. You did a great job, the little tree is darling. I don't remember seeing anything done in a trifle bowl, too cute.
    Frou

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! My dh has never seen these types of crafts before. I guess he doesn't "do" home decorating. lol

When I finished it he was really impressed! I like the little retro garland, the colors makes it stand out when the lamp behind it is on.

• party_music50
    13 years ago

That is cute. What did you use for the snow base? I think I need some of that. :O)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very cute, you did a really nice job on it. Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh this is such a cute idea and it all fits
    so perfectly in there.
    So glad you shared this with us.

jane

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

That's a cute idea, Oakley, and I love how it turned out . . . TFS!
    Lynn

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Party, I forget what the snow is called, I think I got it at Amazon and it's some sort of fake snow flakes. Very inexpensive. I put the polyester "snow" on the bottom then sprinkled the flakes on top. A little goes a long way.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I have read a couple of places that regular Epsom salts makes really pretty sparkely snow - I have not tried it yet but plan to .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very cute! Wouldn't it be fun to do a whole arrangement in trifle bowls! You did a nice job on this! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Love your bowl full of decorations. Did you buy the tree with the snow on it or add it too? It's so fun to see all the neat things your coming up with. $5 is a great buy on your Trifle bowl. Keep 'em coming.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

This is really a cute idea. (I could have sworn I posted yesterday but looks like I forgot to hit submit) Anyway, I sure like it a lot.
    That bowl will be fun to decorate for all the holidays.
    (hint, hint)

hugs, Karen

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk, the tree already had the snow on it. I bought a set of them in different colors and sizes from QVC. A bit more pricier but I'm very pleased.

Again, thanks for the compliments everyone. I needed a pat on the back since I have two left hands. :)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

What a clever idea. It is really cute.Did it take a long time?
    NanaKaren

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, it only took about ten minutes. Here's what I did last night, again it only took ten minutes.

This is on the toilet tank in the guest bathroom.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

That one is cute too. Keep up the good work!!

NanaKaren

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21
More Discussions