Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what my sweet friend sent me!

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 12:17

The week before Thanksgiving, a box arrived at my door. I hadn't ordered anything so couldn't imagine what it might be. A quick scan of the box revealed that it was from my sweet friend, Ms. Karen. Just look at what she shared with me!

She remembered that I really liked these chargers but wasn't finding them at our local Walmart here--so she sent me some! I want to keep them out all the time, they are even more pretty than in the pictures I've seen.

She also shared these fun placemats. Don't they just make you chuckle when you see them? And the colors are so pretty. I need to find a way to keep them out all during Christmas for everyone to enjoy--maybe I can figure out a way to hang one on the wall, or maybe gently sew the corners onto an existing pillow and display it on the couch--just too fun to just lay on the table, don't you think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She also shared this lovely fall plate. How can I not love this and think of her everytime I look at it???? It not only has ACORNS on it--but it's PURPLE!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thank you again for this neat surprise, Karen, you are such a thoughtful and treasured friend.

Hugs,

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what my sweet friend sent me!

How sweet Karen. What a nice surprise for you Luvs. I love those placemats, they do make me smile.

o

What a thoughtful gift. The placemats are too cute. That plate is adorable.
NanaKaren

o

Lovely! I saw a table done with those plates, I wish I could remember which blog!
No BAH humbugs on Holidays, and Karen is indeed, a sweet friend!

o

Very cool! That Karen is the best, isn't she? Love the chargers...I snagged some after seeing them on this forum a couple of weeks ago...love them!

o

Those placemats would certainly make wonderful pillow covers! Cute! Lots of class, that purplemoon! Wonderful gifts, luvs! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Luvs and Karen, it's like you two know each other! Wonderful gifts from our sweet Karen to you Luvs. I'm so glad she was able to get you some of the acorn chargers. You of all people should have some of them. I looked but our Walmart was out. Cute placemats and lovely purple plate. So glad you two are still having fun.

Punk

o

Luvs, I'm glad you are so happy with the goodies. Its fun to shop for both of us, as we are so much alike. I like the idea of those silly sheep as pillows. They crack me up. I'd found them on Etsy, set of 4, and just knew that I had to share with you.

Punk we do 'know' each other. We met on Garden Junk years ago, and then came here. We have long emailed one another
off the Forums and found we have soooo much in common! Then when she got to visit me during a motorhome trip, for an afternoon of shopping at the huge antique mall, we just had a blast and it felt like we'd been friends forever.

hugs, Karen

o

Love the chargers and the Baaaah Humbug's too! As for the plate, it's beautiful! Yes, I agree, that Karen is a very special friend.
Lynn

o

Karen's a sweetie, isn't she?

o

Those placemats are great!!! I'm just smilin'!
I'm glad you got the chargers...I looked for them here, but was never successful....Karen is GOOD!!
Hugs to you both,
J

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here