Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Thanksgiving Decos #2 (pic heavy)

plainjane425
12 years ago

Here are a few more pics of Thanksgiving decos!

FR Mantel....... Halloween is gone (goes by so too quickly)...

Kept it simple...

I got the lanterns - set of 3 at CTS for $9.99.(used just 2) I just added some leaves, gourds and pinecones.

The pheasant plates are - Royal Worcester Spode - Palissy (Game Series)from Ebay Int'l.

Here's another Ebay purchase - about 5 yrs ago. 'Mr Pheasant'! My youngest DGS did not like him- He was afraid 'the bird is going to get me'.....now at age 7, he doesn't even give him a second look...they grow up so fast...sniff...sniff

Finally, DR black Hutch..added some of my Brn Transferware plates to my white ironstone. I think each time I change the plates in front, it gives it a different look!

Small turkeys - CTS..large one - TS. The platter behind is Johnson Bros - The Old Mill.. Elephant's Trunk - unbelievable price of $5 !

I bought the white pumpkin last yr... TS - can't remember what I paid (brain fog)..pared it with Johnson Bros - Autumn Monarch - from HGs $2.99 - and the smaller plates are Johnson Bros - Harvest Time - Elephant's Trunk $1 ea!

The platter in the background - Johnson Bros - Devonshire..Elephant's Trunk - snapped up $5 !! The Salad/dessert plates - Homer Laughlin - Historical America $1 ea! ...At an auction in NY over 30 yrs ago, I got a large platter from the series -(The First Thanksging) - for $4 !! Those days and prices are GONE !! - The white pumpkins CTS and the white tureen - Stormville Flea Mkt - $5!

I have a few tables I'd like to do before I get on to Christmas...see you again!!

Thanks for looking.

jane

Comments (8)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness...how lovely!! All of your plates, platters and turkeys are just so pretty! I so wish we had a HG store in my area! Love the Johnson Bros. plates of all kinds. So many nice treasures...your home is lovely!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Your black hutch is always so stunning decorated. I love that piece and how you do it each time. The mantel looks great and as you know, that pheasant is a real favorite of mine. He's on my eBay hunt list. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Slinkey. Love your mantle. That brass pheasant is stunning, and I love those lanterns. I have been on the hunt for some but not seen any at your price $9.99 is unbelievable for 3, esp as pretty as yours. I like your hutch too, I love any of the Johnson brothers china, esp the heritage collections. Your white turkeys are just what you needed to set of the dishes, I agree, with Marlene, Your home is lovely and you have so many treasures for all of us to enjoy. Thank you for sharing. Janet

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Once again, jane, your 'simple' (the word you used) is so charming & elegant! Your new lanterns on the mantle w/all the pumpkins, leaves & accessories look wonderful...again I love the art work that you've shown a closer view of before. Pheasant decor/plates are beautiful! (like janet I've been on the outlook for one of those lanterns...I gave one to DD for her b'day a couple yrs ago).

Those solid white ironstone dishes do make a perfect backgrd for your diff displays in this hutch (& I love your hutches ...both black & white one)! That 'Elephant's Trunk' sounds like a wonderful TS...you sure got some bargains!! All your Johnson Bros are so lovely displayed this time of the yr & it always makes me want to buy a few. Love how you used all the white assessories, too...the pumpkins, tureen, turkeys! So elegant looking!

You've really got alot done in a short time, jane! Enjoyed visiting your home again & TFS! Jeanne S. LOVELY!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, beautiful job on your mantel. Love the new lanterns. The Royal Worcester Spode - Palissy pheasant plates are wonderful. Your the one who got me hooked on my Johnson Bros. Friendly Village set and now you have all these others that I will just have to drool over yours. Unless I come across some wonderful deals like you.LOL

You have so many beautiful pieces and you know how to display them to WOW us every time. I went up and down several times to enjoy the view.

You are going to set how many tables before bringing out Christmas? Bring them on girlfriend! I LOVE seeing your beautiful tables.HA This was nice to come and find tonight but since it's #2, I best go find #1.Later...

Punk

• dawnp
    12 years ago

Wow! Great job! It looks beautiful!

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone. I enjoyed reading all your sweet comments.
    Sorry I have to make this a quick reply as I'm 'multi-tasking' - hands typing...mind working on 'to do list' and body in motion (but wanting to nap) ! lol

Thanks for the 2 thumbs up on the changes to the B&W hutches. Those lanterns at CTS came in different finishes, but I thought the black worked best. I've seen them at PB for so much more EACH! When I went back recently, they were all gone.
    Thanks again for looking and commenting.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Once again, you have just outdone yourself!
    I always love your black hutch, and this is especially lovely.
    I wish I had a place for a hutch like that, but I just don't! I'll just have to enjoy yours and I sure do!
    The mantel is also pretty, but the hutch is my fav.

You are sure right that the kiddos grow up too fast! It's funny how things will scare them one year and the next...no big deal!

Another feast for the eyes!

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions