Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Autumn's Splendor

dreamgoddess
13 years ago

I've been playing with my Grandmother's dishes this week. Here's a link to the table I did. The bowl I used for my centerpiece is one that I had asked for help with decorating a few weeks ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn's Splendor

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Dream, I love the items you used in your bowl, that sure made a pretty centerpiece. I've seen those dishes before, and you are right, the colors are perfect for Fall. I really like all your "extras" like the bowls on the wineholder and the salt/pepper elevated on the pedestal. It all came out lovely.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Dream...
    You set such a warm and inviting table.
    I remember when you found the âÂÂTrellis Blossom' soup bowls. I like how you layered them with your plates, and
    remember the pattern of your dinner plates too.
    Your centerpiece bowl is decorated just beautifully and makes such a statement on your tabel. In fact everything looks perfect.
    I enjoyed reading how you described everything too...I felt like I was taking a 'tour' of your table.
    TFS

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Very, very pretty. The layering of linens works really well. And I'm loving those soup bowls. They have some at my local TS, I may have to run by there.
    Frou

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Dream, I really like your tablescape, incedently, I have the same dishes. I really like how you used all the pieces layered together. It really speaks to me. I bought some little gold colored casserole dishes at DT , thinking they would layer nicely with the plates, but am liking the little wheat dishes so well, I'm sure if I happen to find a a set of them they will have to come home with me. I really enjoy stoneware, really more than fine china... I'm just such an informal person. You are realy talented at putting all the pieces together for an exciting tc. Janet

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Another lovely table, Dream, You are right those dishes or similar ones have been around since the 70s. You do such a nice job of describing how you put everything together. I think your Royal Baroque flat ware is beautiful. I'm sure I missed some things, so I'll have to go back and take another look, and probably another after that!!
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Very pretty and your narrative really adds to understanding your effort.

I agree the silverware is fabulous!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Gorgeous table, dream! "Trellis Blossom" was a pattern at the grocery store, I think...I collected them at one time, too...& just the other day I saw that pattern at GWill. That set looks lovely with all the additional layering & patterns you used with them. I love your "wheat" covered bowls...perfect where you used them! And all the additional pcs that you added for serving food....beautiful!

The linen you used under everything looks so rich ...& the centerpc is so very elegant. As the others said, the narrative really completes the whole t'scape! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Dream, very pretty table. You have so many neat things to look at on your tables. It's great you used your Grandmother's dishes and the wheat dishes you found together on this table. It's just lovely.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Everyone's already said it so well, Dream. Your talent for tablesettings, AND writing about them, makes it a total pleasure to see and read. I love visiting your blog.

hugs, Karen

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Very pretty table!!!
    I am frothing at the mouth for that pear cobbler...yummmmmmmmmy !!! Thanks for posting.
    J