Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very simple Halloween table

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 11:33

It was just DH and I and I had had a busy day with yard work but I did find time to set a simple Halloween table. I bought the napkins and the sparkly spider web tablecloth on clearance at Kohl's last year. The napkin rings were a thrift store find and reminded me of snakes. The silver chargers came from Target dollar spot. The plates are paper and were clearance finds at HL last year. I purchased the Jack O' Lantern, boa, books and candlesticks when I went thrifting with Christmas Candy a few weeks ago. The candlesticks were originally white but I spray painted them with flat black with Halloween in mind. I notice CC and I found the same book and used in our decor :) Please pardon the quality of the photos. I took the pictures with my Iphone.

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very simple Halloween table

MM, did you do this before Halloween, or are you just still enjoying all your finds? Nice that you were able to use the treasures you found while shopping with CC. I love the title of that book "Son of a Witch"! LOL Hope your DH enjoyed your cute table too. Luvs

o

Luvs,
Nope I did this Sunday for our Halloween dinner. I am still enjoying my deals found while shopping with the thrift store queen, CC. DH did enjoy the table as well as the special meal I prepared, roasted beast w/ fall veggies(roast beef)with bats brains (cauliflower)in a dijon cheese sauce and mashed ghost guts (potatoes) with vampire gravy (red wine gravy) :)
Kath

o

Kath, I also love the title of that one book. LOL. And the boa on the Jack's head, makes him look like a Punk Rocker. (I find them scary too, LOL).
I cracked up over your menu wording, that would have sent my DH running for nearest fast food place.

Such fun, everything!
hugs, Karen

o

Good for you, maxi...your Halloween table looks very inviting & the menu sounds wonderful! That web cloth is cool for Halloween...& your finds shopping with candy are fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Kath, great to see your new finds and I enjoyed seeing all your other tables too. You have so many pretty dishes that I couldn't resist browsing and enjoying. Thanks.

Punk

o

Karen, DH is such a good sport :) He was actually helping to come up with names for the food :) I balked at anything he wanted to use the word "pus" in LOL!
Jeanne, I wish I could use that cloth for other 'scapes as it is really pretty IRL....hmmm...maybe I'll incorporate it into our anniversary tablescape?? LOL! And shopping w/ CC was such a thrill.
Ahh Punk, thanks for looking at my other tablescapes :) I don't have to explain to anyone here the dish obsession we each fall victim to :) I am super excited as I have found my dream dining table and will be going at lunch today to pick it up. We will eventually be turning our never used formal living room into a dedicated dining room. The future tablescaping I will be able to do kept me up most of the night!

Kath

o

Kath....Cute tablesetting for your 'Halloween Meal.
I agree with Jeanne your web tablecloth is cool, and a great color. It's also different from what we've been seeing. Love the Book Title....very funny.
I peeked at your other photos too, and enjoyed your pretty settings. TFS

jane

o

Kath, what a fun table!!! The menu was great. The title of the book is cute, my DGD had it, the title is cute the story ---not so much.
I peeked at your other pictures also very,very nice.
Looking forward to seeing your next creation. Can't wait to see your new dining room table!
NanaKaren

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here