Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally, the hard to find, white turkey

Posted by excessfroufrou (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 17, 10 at 11:31

While on my lunch break yesterday, I was shopping at my favorite antique/junk mall and I spotted this guy. He is bigger than he looks in the pic, the dealer had him listed as a cookie jar (I don't know about that). Anyhoo he was only $5.00 woo hoo! He is perfect for my kitchen table.
Frou
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally, the hard to find, white turkey

He is one beautiful bird! I can't believe you got him for $5.00. Wonderful. I love the texture on him and on the bottom part that is made to look like a basket. Great find Frou, bet you were doing the happy dance! Luvs

o

WOW - that was quite a find - I really like it - I haven't been searching hard but always on the look out for turkeys and pheasants. Hope I can stumble on a find like that someday .....

Lynne

o

What an incredible buy on that turkey. Guess he was just waiting for you to come find him! I'm so happy you did.

hugs, Karen

o

It was meant to be, frou! And a steal for $$$!
The colorful one I just got was not cookie jar size either but it will hold some candy. This guy looks pretty sitting on your ruffled plate & table. TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Frou, so happy you found your white turkey at such a great price. He looks grand sitting there on top of the counter.

Punk

o

Great find, Frou!! He is just right with the colors in your kitchen.
NanaKaren

o

This is a very original and nice looking bird!
But the other thing which I saw is your exquisite table! Did you make it yourself? Did you buy it as it is? It's really, really lovely!

o

I'm so glad you finally found your white turkey, Frou! He's looking good on your table there. He looks like a covered caserole instead of a cookie jar, though. What was that guy thinking? (LOL)
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here