Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

TOT Table

excessfroufrou
14 years ago

Ok, I'm slow, here are some pics of my Trick or Treat table for my special kiddos. I got some of the decos that day for 1/2 price, like the skull and black cats. Of course we are all about the food, I had a blast making scary treats. DH makes a pretty scary grim reaper, don't you think. And furchild is just a little bit shy as a witch. We had a blast.

Syble

{{gwi:1448616}} {{gwi:1448618}} {{gwi:1448619}} {{gwi:1448620}} {{gwi:1448621}} {{gwi:1448622}}

Comments (11)

• lynninnewmexico
    14 years ago

OMG, Syble, what cool, scary treats!! Those witches fingers are so real looking . . . not that I've ever SEEN a real witch's finger ;~D Are they cookies, candy or what?
    Your DH's costtume is great and so is your sweet furbaby's.
    Looks like you had a great Halloween.
    Lynn

• hi2all
    14 years ago

Great job, Syble. I really like all the little ghosties, especially the ones with the hats.

Your DH and the "lost souls" could give one nightmares!

The last pic shows the prettiest witch I think I've ever seen.

Thanks for showing this to us. Lee

• plainjane425
    14 years ago

I agree Syble..Great table!
    You made so many nice 'treats'...I'm not sure about the 'Witch Fingers' though..never tried them. Are they considered 'Finger Food' !! (Couldn't resist)..
    DH seems to be really into his role and enjoying himself.. or is he just protecting the food? LOL I'm not sure about his Furry Witch Sidekick...she seems to be thinking..'Am I having Fun Yet' ! lol Cute costume..what we don't do to them.
    I love the lost souls...how did you make those. They're really cute.

Again, such a great table and I had fun looking at it all.
    TFS ..

jane

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks ya'll. Lynn the witch fingers are shortbread cookies, recipe complements of Martha S. and they even tatsed pretty good. Jane, finger food, how funny. You sound like DH, I tied some rubber bats to a chime over my table and he called it the "bat-mobile". The little ghost are tootsie pops covered in 3 cheesecloth squares, tied with thread and the face done with a sharpie. I stuck them in a little wire frame ghost that I got at the $ store. The flesh fudge (pumpkin fudge) was yummie too.
    Syble

• ncnana
    14 years ago

WOW!! great looking treat table. Your hubby looked pretty scary, but that adorable witch couldn't scare me. Bless her heart, she looks so patient. - Gail

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I'd be hanging on to your sweet witch, for dear life. Your Grim Reaper is positively SCARY!!!! Love the Lost Souls, that is a cool decoration. Those witches fingers are waaaaay too realistic. LOL.
    I have to say, you sure do Halloween up right!!
    Super job.

hugs, Karen

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Your Halloween deco's are really too much in such a good way. Syble! Looks as if your DH enjoys the season also altho not sure your pup does. I know my pup doesn't like wearing a coat even when it's cold, the most she'll put up with is a scarf!

What I couldn't take my eyes off of were the dishes on the top of your cabinets and your matching backsplash! Very nicely done and I love the colors!

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Syble,

Wonderful decorations and food. I think you did a marvelous job on all, including dressing your DH as the grim reaper.haha It looks like he enjoyed it more than furbaby but maybe she will get over her shyness if she gets to dress up every year.

So happy you took pics to share with us.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Wonderful! Looks like yummy fun food, and such great decorations too! Like Luckygal, I was also impressed by your backsplash and all your colorful collection on top of your cabinets--very fun! DH was such a good sport to dress up like that--I sure wouldn't want to meet up with him in the dark! Liked the comment about him "protecting" the food--if he's like my DH, he would be saving it for himself! LOL We need more pics of the beautiful furbaby witch. I love furbabies too. Thanks so much for sharing with us, hope you had a great time. Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    14 years ago

L'gal and Luvs, I collect Camark pottery from AR., Miramar from CA and pastel animal planters from everywhere. These are what inspired my kitchen and morning room color scheme. It's kind of 50's meets Victorian. I taped and painted the back splash to look like tile, the table under- neath the cloth is painted to match with glass covering it. I know my kitchen isn't for everyone, but it makes me smile everytime I'm in there. I'll send more pics of it another time. Thanks again.
    Syble

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Syble, I look forward to seeing pics of your kitchen. I so admire anyone who decorates in an original way. Many people are afraid to do creative decorating. Your kitchen makes me smile too, must be really nice to be there.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions