Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluesyblue

Former "Lurker" coming forward (lol)

bluesyblue
10 years ago

I have often visited on this particular forum and thoroughly enjoyed everyone's posts and photos. Ya'll are such an inspiration! I am a retired 3rd grade teacher who loves to garden, decorate, and do crafts...mostly in that order lol! I've not had the time in the past to get involved...but, hopefully do now.

Comments (20)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

welcome blue.
    Looking forward to having you share with us.
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

OK. You'd better get crackin'. We love photos here.
    Can't wait to see what you'll bring to this little club.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Welcome, so glad you have time now to join us here on Holidays. Hope you will share photos of what you enjoy.

Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Welcome!!
    Always glad to see new people here and would love to see your photos.

Glad you will have more time now that you are retired.
    Candy

• bluesyblue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the welcome! Not sure how to upload photos to this site...any help would be appreciated.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Greetings, bluesyblue! Congratulations on the retirement! Our hobbies overlap and I'd love to see what crafty things you do with your new-found time!

I'm having terrible computer problems this morning... everything is taking forever to post. If someone else doesn't answer about doing photos, I'll be back later to explain.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Welcome Bluesyblue! Glad to have you join us! I'm one of the newer people here, but I can certainly tell you that this is a friendly and encouraging group of folks. As for posting pictures, I upload mine to photobucket, then click on the "html" listing to the right of the picture. That copies the picture for you and you can paste it into your post. The "html" code will show up when you're writing your post, but you will see the picture when you preview it. Hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing your pictures too.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Well..I guess I'm one of the last to WELCOME you
    Bluesyblue! Congratulations on your retirement...
    I'm a former teacher too!
    Glad you found us and will have the time to share
    your interests .
    Look forward to seeing more of you here.
    jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Welcome, Bluesyblue ... we do have alot of fun here! Crazy folks who love the holidays & table decor, too! (well, china cabinets & buffets, kitchen counters, bay windows ... we love to decorate everywhere!)

Another way to add pics is to click the 'Browse' box above the message box where you are typing, "Image file to upload (optional):" Then you can grab ONE photo from your desktop or photo albums or wherever you keep them on the computer ... it will 'resize' it automatically for the forum ...

then you click, 'preview message' (like you do when you're just sending a message ...the photo will show with the text you've written. Hope that helps! ~~ Jeanne

I'll add one now so you can see how it worked..it's my flame lights w/pinecones in a basket on the treadle sewing machine in my living room...I just bought this acrylic deer ornament the other with this thought in mind of where it was going.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Glad you came out of Lurkdom, Blue. You'll have fun here, and catch on to posting photos pretty fast. What kind of crafts do you do?

Nice to meet you,
    hugs, Karen

• bluesyblue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm looking forward to sharing. Haven't had much time lately to post or figure out how to upload. I'm in the middle of making ornaments for a craft night with some of our ladies at church. My theme is "Christmas on a Dime: Upcycling & Repurposing". I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew lol lol I'll try to post photos after the event to share. My poor house! It's so conflicted lol... decorated for Fall/Thanksgiving and being invaded with Christmas lol lol. I told my cousin just to come over and take all the Fall "stuff" to her house as she is having tons of people in for TG...now my house is just a forlorn mess ...creative...but, forlorn nevertheless lol lol lol! Again, Thanks to all for the very warm welcome!!!

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Your room looks very inviting not forlorn at all!!
    I love your fireplace, and the chair next to it looks like a well loved piece
    I hope you share more with us again soon.
    Nana

• bluesyblue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the house before the Christmas mess lol lol

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by bluesyblue on Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 9:10

• bluesyblue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Your basket with the deer and twinkles is lovely Jeanne!... I love rustic , down to earth country. Something soothing and safe feeling about the country look! Purple Moon, you asked what kinds of crafts I do... I paint some, cross stitch, embroidery, sew, cook... a bit bit of most anything. I don't knit or crochet. My mom tried to teach me but I'm left handed and all I ever got was frustrated lol. My first love is gardening. If I could garden 24 7 I would! That is one of the advantages of living in NW FL I can garden most of the yr.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Your LR is beautifully decorated for fall. You even have fall pictures of leaves and a pillow! I'm very impressed and look forward to more you will share with us.

I look forward to seeing your crafts. I use to tole paint alot. But once I got into tablescaping that passion kinda went by the wayside. However, I'm hoping to paint some for Christmas gifts this year. I've also done cross stitch, embroidery and sewed alot in the past.

I love to garden and I'm like you, if I could garden 24/7 I would too! That's not an option in MT tho. Sometimes I'm ready for the season to come to an end so I do more in the home and back to business.LOL

So glad you've joined us.

Jeanne, your basket is gorgeous! Thanks for helping another post pictures w/us! I have to try this browse option.Thanks

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Oh, goodie, another new poster! Welcome! I just started posting on this forum last year and everyone has been so nice. I can't wait to see the Christmas posts. I'm determined to remember to take a picture of my table to post this year. Usually, I get so rushed with my to-do list that I forget. I love the holidays!

• bluesyblue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love all your collectibles! Wow!!! They are beautiful! I love everything Fallish and I think that Thanksgiving is greatly overlooked ! We start Christmas ever so much...too early!!! And I am guilty of doing that. We are having our annual cousins get together on the Dec 7th and I've already started getting ready for that. We used to all get together at Thanksgiving. But, since so many of our parents have gone home to be with the Lord and our individual families have grown it has gotten hard to do it on Thanksgiving. We are trying to keep the tradition of getting together going instead of letting it fall by the wayside as so often happens when the "older" ones
    leave us. Oh goodness, I'm rambling. Hope everyone has a blessed day!!!!

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

I agree - your LR is beautifully decorated for Fall.

Yes, we are 'photo freaks' here so any and all you have
    to share - We Love!

My family does an Annual Cousin Gathering ea year too for the same reason - and this year will also be on Dec 7th!! I'm the one who hosts it ea year but since my house has been sold - another family member offered to do it , We all look forward to this gathering to catch up on ea other and meet any new family members or friends.
    Jeanne...love how you decorated the basket with the
    deer and lights...
    jane

• bluesyblue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'll be thinking about you Slinkey! We both will have a ball!!!!! It is a worthwhile endeavor to keep the families together. All too often when the older ones leave us it all starts to unravel. In today's society ..with our fast paced lives ... it really is important to keep families connected. Our big craft get together for the ladies of our church and community is Thursday evening. I feel as though my house has turned into Santa's workshop. I am facilitating.... I haven't done that in many a year! I am looking forward to it but, will also be glad when it is over and I can put my house back to rights lol. Will post photos of some of the decorations etc that I have made. The following is a photo of my tree from last year.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Your tree is beautiful. So many lights and all the trimmings are stunning.
    I think it's great you now live at 'Santa's workshop!'LOL Will be looking
    forward to seeing what you ladies make.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions