Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socalgirl_2008

6Ft Nutcrackers at Costco

socalgirl_2008
15 years ago

I was just at Costco and the have 6 foot tall indoor/outdoor

nutcrackers for $199.00. Kinda spendy, but considering the price of an authentic German nutcracker, they are a bargain.

I have a very tall, open front entrance (front door with side lights, then a 7 foot palladium window with molding.) I think they might be the perfect scale for my outdoor entry.

Comments (12)

• kswl2
    15 years ago

I am going to get them today. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

socalgirl, My son collect nutcrackers and would love those. They will look gorgeous by your front entrance. Please be sure to take pics for us.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Socalgirl, Do you have storage space for those big guys after Christmas? I'm sure they would look very impressive by your door. Will be looking forward to seeing your pics. Luvs

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh, I have a friend whose husband puts out over 100 nutcrackers on the stairs every Christmas. She says he's the "Clark Griswold" of decorating.

I have to let her know about this so she can STOP him or her house will be full of these big guys!!!

• donnawb
    15 years ago

I collect nutcrackers but don't have the really large ones because don't really have anywhere to put them. If you get them post a picture please.

• lacombe
    15 years ago

I also saw those nutcrackers too at Costco, they're taller then me, you have to have a home for them the rest of the year. Of all the really neat stuff they have out for Christmas know a days, I'd need a big shed in the back yard just to keep every thing.

• kswl2
    15 years ago

I called several of the Costco's in our area (the closest one is an hour from me) and none of them have the big nutcrackers! :(

• kswl2
    15 years ago

I forgot to add that one store said they did have the item but are out of it and that the number is no longer in the system. I guess this means they are completely out of these big nutcrackers and won't get any more.... :(

• flattie_2008
    15 years ago

kswl,
    :( They would have been wonderful with what I've seen of your Christmas decor.

socalgirl,
    Yes, spendy. But compared to similar ones marketed to the commercial sector? They run in the mid $500 range. Like Luvs said, as long as you have the space to store them . . . and I'll add as long as you love them and this is more or less your 'forever' home, then go for it.

• socalgirl_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will store them in the basement, in the original box as I get "jumpy" when I'm concentrating or distracted and just might scare myself half to death. lol Flattie good point, I don't know if this will be my "forever" home or not.

• sophiemae
    15 years ago

If y'all are still looking for nutcrackers, I got two 4-footers at Kirkland's for $49.99 each.

ICA,
    Sophie ^i^

• kswl2
    15 years ago

This post inspired me to start looking for more nutcrackers, and I now have high bids on two---one 36" and the other 34" high. I have two large ones already, and these will look mahvellous going down the library stairs :)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!
More Discussions