Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prelit Trees?

Posted by santacltr2 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 10:26

I'm thinking of getting 2 new prelit trees since there are 2 that I have to light. They are the old type you have to put the branches in. I'm getting older and it takes me forever to do the living room tree. I have a problem with the prelit they all look to be thinner. I like a full tree. Do you have a full prelit?

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prelit Trees?

I don't have a prelit tree, but have been using some of the parts to a tree like you have for hanging arrangement background greenery. Those limbs that 'just stick in' make great greenery....Don't throw them away--share them!!!

o

Hobby Lobby has quite a selection...here is one we had for about 6 or 7 yrs & then we went back to a real tree last yr. It came in 3 pcs (but was still very heavy)...a good, full tree. Have fun with whatever you choose! Jeanne S.

Photobucket

FamilyTreeLarger12.08

o

One of the nicest trees I've seen is a prelit from Home Depot! The new trees with the plastic needles look much more realistic and full than the old silk trees. I've been tempted to replace mine for a few years but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I'd absolutely get the hinged variety rather than the kind where you insert each branch. That's a real pain, and I used to end up with very scratched-up hands. But nonacook is right, the branches do make great greens to put on top of furniture, on mantels, on benches; just make sure you hide the hook end.

o

Jeanne, love the Santa & Mrs. Claus in front of your tree. I'll have to check out Hobby Lobby now and see if they have a good one for me.

Nonacook I would freecycle the trees.

Nancy

o

Thanks, Nancy...we donated our tree to a new business nearby & she used it last yr, I know. Anyway, I should have said this one also had the "hinged branches" ...which is very nice compared to what you are doing now with single branches to insert. Also if lights burned out, the whole tree did NOT go out...Good luck! HL usually has 50% sales alot at this time of the yr. Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here