Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pheasantlady

decorating has begun

pheasantlady
13 years ago

I got started over the weekend with my decorating.I still have to add fresh greenery to the mantle and need to do some tweaking to the tree.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Comments (21)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Looking very festive at your house! Love all the pinecones you've used in your displays...& I think my fav is the potted tree branches with bird...very pretty. That big Santa is sweet! And a lit up Christmas tree is always a beautiful sight! TFS! Jeanne S.

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks.The potted tree all together cost about 5 bucks to do.I got all the ornaments and the birds at DT.And the urn came from a yard sale a few years ago.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Nice job. It has a very outdoors-y feeling. Love the giant Santa.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your village looks nice, but my fav is the snowman next to that display. Yep, I love snowmen, they always catch my eye! Lots of nice pinecones, are those from trees on your property? Bet it feels good to have so much done already. You are way ahead of me! ;o) Luvs

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks.The Santa came from a little antique shop years ago.I just couldn't resist him.His clothes are made out of burlap.
    The snowman I got a few years ago at Hobby Lobby.I wish the pine cones where from my property but I got them from a tree where my hubby use to work.And unfortunately it was cut down by the state to make way for the new highway this year.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Very, very pretty, I love all the natural elements and the red accents.
    Frou

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Very pretty and festive! I love your wonderful, big Santa and your Christmas village pieces. Did you paint them yourself? I made my own village many years ago and enjoy putting it up every year. I always love to see how others display theirs, too.
    Lynn

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks.I bought those at a discount store a few years ago.I think they were like 4 dollars a piece that year.Most everything I've used has come from DT,Fred's, or second hand stores.The garland I strung a few years ago during my "homemade Christmas" theme.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Pheasantlady, Everything looks great. The topper on your tree is fantastic, did you really string all those nuts? Such patience. It is so much fun to see how everyone decorates their homes, it's even better when things are a bargain
    NanaKaren

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes I strung all those nuts and more.It took about a week of drilling and stringing to do enough for the 9 ft tree I had that year.Not to mention going out in the woods and gathering all of them.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Love the woodsy feel of your decorating. When I drilled my nuts and acorns for the pinecone wreaths that I made years ago I put them in my hubbys vise and used a dremel drill - that went pretty quick. Everything looks really nice - TFS .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

You are my kind of shopper! And I really like all the natural elements you used, especially having such big pinecones. Too bad that tree had to be cut down! You have a ton of patience to string those nuts, and for a 9 ft tree no less!
    My favorite decoration was how you did the twig tree with the white birds. That kind of thing really appeals to me.
    I enjoyed your album, and welcome to our gang here.

hugs, Karen

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Karen.I'm glad I found this group.All of you have been an inspiration

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Hi Pheasant Lady...welcome.
    I enjoyed seeing all your wonderful decorations.
    I liked all the naural elements you used...it's very warm and 'woodsy' looking.
    Your large Santa is realy nice too, but I especially like the Branch Tree with the Birds.. it makes such a pretty centerpiece.
    Thanks for sharing all your decorations..I've only just finished my two trees, and was whipped doing them this year....I wish I was at the point you are now!!

jane

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jane. This is the first year that I have done alot.Usually I would only put up a tree.My DH isn't big on decorating for the holidays.But this year with the grandbaby being old enough to enjoy it he's all for me doing more.I would love to have room for another big tree.Maybe if I ever get hubby to build the sunroom I will be able to but one up in it.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I hear what you're saying about doing it for your grandbaby!
    That's what happens, you get caught up in enjoying it through their eyes...and it brings such joy to all.
    As far as doing two trees, one is in the Fam Rm..and the other is a Martha Stewart Slim tree I put in a corner of the DR, and it fits pretty good there w/o taking over.
    I also do one in the upstairs hallway for the Gkds when they would sleep over during the holidays..now that they live with us...I will have them decorate it themselves this year. (one less tree for me to do) !! lol
    Enjoy your grandbaby...they grow up so quickly..

jane

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That they do.Mine lives with me too.

• pdg777
    13 years ago

Very nice! It really looks SO cozy. LOVE the tree with the bird. Very nice combination of the white bird with the branches. Looks like somewhere I could curl up with the a good book.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lots of nice decorations you have. I enjoyed your centerpiece on the dresser and the lit tree beside it. I don't have many nutcrackers but enjoyed seeing yours. Red and pinecones are always a good choice to use this time of year. So glad you shared all your pictures with us.

Punk

• jaybird
    13 years ago

It's lookin' a lot like Christmas......and beautiful too!
    I'm glad to see you joining us...it is fun to have so many people show us their goodies!
    J

• pheasantlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk I'm glad you liked the pics.I got the nutcrackers at DT and the lit trees on each side of the dresser were a last minute decision.DH thinks I need to add some ornaments to them now.But I'm not sure if I'll get time too...

J it sure is.I have been looking through the older posts for more ideas.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions