Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for decorating Norfolk Pine

Posted by Char_Michigan5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 20, 03 at 9:00

I have a 5 foot Norfolk Pine (that I grew from a 4 inch tree)and this year it is so big that I have to use for my Christmas tree because there just isn't enough room to put another tree in the room. I need some clever ideas for decorating it and making it look right. The least bit of weight pulls the branches down, and I had said I was going to put twinkle lights and 1 bulb on it LOL. But I know that somebody must decorate one of these and make it look stunning. Thanks for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for decorating Norfolk Pine

How about some small white bows to go with the twinkle lights? They shouldn't be too heavy and they would be pretty. Or how about a bunch of those tiny little Christmas balls..they look like they are about an inch in diameter? They have them in Wal-Mart in a variety of colors and also some irridescent ones that would be nice.

Barbara

o

If you could find some crocheted ornaments they would probably work. I put glass ornaments on my much smaller Norfolk pine and the branches didn't sag. I also used several different garlands to "spruce" it up- ha ha. I like Barbara's bow suggestion too.

o

Thank you guys so much for your suggestions. My sister makes tons of crocheted tree ornaments and would be glad to donate them to me but I never even thought of that thanks again for that suggestion.

o

Just a word of caution; my sister and I decorated a Norfolk pine a few years ago, and it promptly died. I can't help but think it was the little bit of heat that the lights gave off. Maybe - maybe not, just thought you might like to know.

o

True, the Norfolk Island Pines do not like excessive heat. Perhaps if you light it you could put it near a window so it stays a little cooler then normal to offset the lights?

o

Thanks so much guys for all your feed back. After some debate I decided not to decorate the tree. I bought a fiber optic tree and that works out fine. I've had the Norfolk too long to take any chances on killing it. I hope everybody has a great holiday! Char

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here