Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

My CTS visit! (no pics)

party_music50
13 years ago

Hello --

Been terribly busy trying to make an unreasonable deadline at work. I think I actually pulled it off! but with all the long hours, I needed a break, so...

I talked my 'BF' into taking me to the nearest Christmas Tree Shop on Sunday -- a CTS newbie here. I was a little surprised by what they sold. I expected more crafting items. I didn't expect the huge section that looked just like a drugstore. Nor did I expect the huge food section! And BF was a toad and discouraged me from buying things! :(

I got a new set of chairpads for my extra dining chairs. Got several kitchen mits, spring pans for my niece, lots of pretty holiday napkins, garland for my porch windows, other small things, and a magnetic wreath hanger!!! I'm KICKING MYSELF for not getting at least 3 of those! OMG. How simple! and USEFUL!!! (a pox on BF for talking me out of getting more!).

And I hang my head in shame: I did NOT buy any of those GORGEOUS charger plates. sigh. I couldn't decide on the pretty colors, and then got to thinking that I don't have a good place to store them. I'm sorry about not getting ANY! :(

So I guess I didn't do too well. My mistake was in not going with my sister instead. lol!

Next new stop: Hobby Lobby! LOL!

Comments (6)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

PM...there's always next time! lol
    I was there Sunday, and found lots of great things and many things I saw, I couldn't stop for because I had DH waiting for me... :(
    As far as the large selection of Drugstore & Food...(and Curtains & Bedding), that's happened ever since BB&BY took over these stores. In the past, they did have a nice Craft section , that I would take advantage of, for my classes. I was sorry when they did away with it.
    However, there's still great finds and buys.
    Kathleen and I have been long time shoppers with them since they first started on Cape Cod, and have seen a change, but new shoppers wouldn't know the difference.

Sounds like the items you bought were good things and will be very useful.

jane

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

(LOL!) Yes, you really need to shop with fellow enablers! No CTS here in New Mexico, but this past summer while we were back in Michigan on vacation, my sis took us to her local CTS. My problem was not so much DH, but the fact my suitcases were already stuffed with clothes for our almost-two weeks at the lake there. Darn these airlines that charge so much now for extra baggage! I could have easily filled two extra suitcases with bargains from there :~(
    I hope you can get back to that CTS soon, Party. In the meantime, don't forget to print out a 40% off coupon from HL's website. They usually have one there and one in the local Sunday paper, too.
    Lynn

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

My friend went yesterday and spent 300 dollars! Noritake plates, table runners, etc. Lots of good things.
    I do like some of the things in the food section. Different than what you find in the market.
    I am hoping to get there tomorrow, the spirit is willing , but I am still dragging.
    If I make it, I'll show you pics!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

party...I'm tuning out CTS news...tee hee! (it does like you found some good items!)

But, I can assure you that you will LOVE Hobby Lobby! Like Lynn said, so many things are "on sale" anyway each week...but about every other week, they put a 40% off coupon off reg price merchandise (in the newspaper or you can print it online). Lots of times I use my coupon to purchase craft or home magazines there...or glues, paints & such crafting supplies. Awesome place & closed on Sundays nationwide. You will enjoy! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

PM, sounds to me like you bought some great things. How far away is it? You can always figure out a way to go back.LOL You have me wanting to see the chargers you mentioned. I need to buy some more I can paint different colors. I want some purple napkins and can't seem to find any around. What's up with that!LOL

You gals on here with your CTS and HL stores, make me so jealous. I will admit I love seeing all your beautiful treasures.

Punk

• party_music50
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I drove right past the new Hobby Lobby last night. lol! I was on a mission to the Health Food Store. (why are so many people I know being diagnosed as Celiacs or allergic to wheat-gluten?!). But I did register on-line to be sent the HL flyers and coupons, so I'll be ready when I go there.

Jeanne, I think you're right -- HL sounds more like my kind of place. :) It's only a 15 min. drive from my house too!

Punk, the nearest CTS is 75 miles (one way), so I won't be going there often! They had purple chargers -- every color really. And they were on sale for $1 each. Still kicking myself over not getting them and the extra magnetic wreath holders. lol!

Kathleen_li, I can see where it would be EASY to find $300 of stuff to buy at a CTS!

Jane, I wish they still had a craft section. Now I'm curious about your classes! what classes? did you teach?

Lynn, if you're ever in that situation again, consider whether shipping the items to your home address is a good option! Your story reminds me of the time we were flying back from the Azores and I was kicking my nap-sack to fit it under the seat in front of me. It turns out that BF was shuddering each time I did... because he had bought some pottery items for my birthday and had hidden them in my nap-sack! lol! (nothing broke! :)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions