Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tamgypsy_gw

Thanksgiving Tables

tamgypsy
15 years ago

I'm a bit presxsed for time this morning but as promised here is my November/Thanksgiving table.

Table info: The chargers and little pumpkin place card holders I found last year marked down at a local grocery. The dinner plates are from my Mikasa 'Italian countryside' set. The bread/salad plates and candle sticks I found recently at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. The pumpkin bowls and glasses came from the Christmastree shop. The napkins, the real pine cones and the glitter acorns I found last year marked down after the season at Joann's. The turkey center piece was a marked down and chipped piece from Marshalls. I just added the glitter to cover up some of the chips.

From The Gypsy's Corner
From The Gypsy's Corner
From The Gypsy's Corner
From The Gypsy's Corner
From The Gypsy's Corner
From The Gypsy's Corner
From The Gypsy's Corner

Comments (32)

• calicocat1967
    15 years ago

Love....love.....love it !!! The colors are so beautiful together. You guys inspire me.

Kim

• kareen
    15 years ago

It looks fabulous and for some reason it makes me think of fox hunting time and I have no idea why. Anyway keep posting those wonderful pics. Kareen

• gasuz
    15 years ago

Gorgeous!

gasuz

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

It looks beautiful, Tam. Love the centerpiece, not overwhelming , very tasteful!
    I am working on mine, but the bowls will be there! So you have the bowls from Mikassa AND CTS! That's a lot of pumpkin bowls!

• judithva
    15 years ago

Wonderful Tam, your tables always look great, I love that you added glitter to your turkey, not only hiding some damage as you mentions, but giving your centerpiece a little bit a bling, great!

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Love the dark browns & lots of white, the small plates with the brown in them go perfectly, the brown ribbon on the glasses, well it's just all perfect!!!

AND, the pumpkin bowls, sure wish I could find some of those around here, but never have seen any!!!

• donnawb
    15 years ago

It is beautiful! Love the acorns and turkey. You always do fabulous tables. I really need to get the pumpkin bowls like that. Love the white dish with the patterned one and of course the bows in the glasses is a wonderful touch.

• jaybird
    15 years ago

ahhhhhhhh beautiful Tam!! as usual. You are so good at this, and I love the subtleness(is that a word) of this arrangement.

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

The centerpiece is splendid! I also love the pumpkin bowls! You did a great job!

• declansmom
    15 years ago

That table setting is so extraordinary, you don't even have to serve food to make people happy!!!!!!

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing your drop-dead gorgeous table with us! I love everything about it. It's elegant, simple and truly beautiful . . . the kind of table that's festive, but where guests know that they, the food and the talk matter most. Thanks also for taking the time to tell us where you got things, too.
    Lynn

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Everytime I see one of your tablesettings, Tam, I think "this is my favourite!" only to be awestruck by the next one you do! Your TG table is gorgeous! I really admire how you don't have a huge table to work with and yet, you make it stunning with the perfect centerpiece and getting all the colours to go so well with it. Just MARVELOUS!!!

• mo13
    15 years ago

Thats a gorgeous table, Tam. Understated elegance and just perfectly done. Love the turkey centerpiece and the bowls! I also like the ribbon around the glasses.

Mo

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

just beautiful Tam..Love how you put everything together...It's Simple Elegance at its Best!! I've been looking for a Turkey Centerpiece..and haven't seen Anything quite like what you have..he's Gorgeous! I've got the same dishes from Mikasa.... hmmm now to find those pumpkin bowls. I can't believe you and Kathleen were fortunate to get them at CTS.. Still haven't seen them there. I guess just lucky timing.
    jane

• User
    15 years ago

I just love looking at your stuff! Very elegant!

• Richard Dollard
    15 years ago

Beautiful table! Can you tell me where you got the turkey? Thanks!!!

• Richard Dollard
    15 years ago

Never mind...just saw where you got it!

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for your nice compliments. I have to tell you that if it wasn't for this place, all of your encouragment, your discussions and inspirational pictures and ideas as well as the mentorship I've received here I wouldn't have improved my tablesetting skills the way I have. Just the other night I looked at photos just from a year ago and gosh what a difference.
    I have learned soooo much from each and everyone here and continue to do so. Thank you!!!!!

Now...I'll sit back and wait patiently for all of you to post your Thanksgiving Tables.
    Some of you may be hesitant to post your pictures, please don't be shy. It's all about learning and evolving our skills and there is no better and safer place to do so then among this group of friends...:)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Gypsy's Corner

• valleymagpie
    15 years ago

Oooh, Tam, I wish I had a turkey like that! And it's just perfect with the rest of your things. I love the pine cones and acorns around him. What a unique setting!
    - Magpie

• Phobie Privett
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Love that brown! So elegant!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I love the turkey and acorns, and the brown colors, and the pumpkin bowls, and oh EVERYTHING!! You Rock, Girl!

hugs, Karen

• delphinium33
    15 years ago

Beautiful table! I must just ditto all of the previous comments. I have some of the same items (Mikassa Italian Countryside, Joann's acorns) but my tablesettings sure don't turn out as nice as yours. I sure need to improve my photo skills. I'll put a table together but then the photos look very so-so. I need to improve the lighting and take the time to set up a tripod to use the suggestions Judith and RuthAnn have made. I, too, love the group here around the country who also share this dish affliction. My friends think I'm crazy!!! This forum has been such an education. I know I've learned alot. I must say (I know I'm lucky here) that my DH loves all the place settings. Sometimes he'll take a picture before we sit down to eat. I'm too embarressed to post because they all show the empty shopping bags, etc in the background. I guess I need to get over that! I'll be off the next few days visiting my new grandson in San Diego. No CTS there either. I'm so envious of the beautiful dishes you've all found there! BUT, there is a HomeGoods. Maybe I'll find something new. I've moved on to Christmas table settings. I will try to remember to take a photo of our Thanksgiving table before we destroy it. Thanks again to everyone who has posted photos of their Halloween and Fall tablesettings. I have looked at all of them repeatedly.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Tam, don't know that I can add a thing to what the others have already said. It looks wonderful. Love the chargers you found and the way you have elevated your candle holders. I'm really loving all these pretty acorns I'm seeing this year. So glad you are sharing your pics with us, I just love seeing your creations. Luvs

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Tam, Your November/Thanksgiving table is gorgeous. Everything is perfect. And I love those candlesticks. Heck, I love it all. And what a great idea to hide your turkey's flaws with glitter. I have to have the pumpkin bowls from CTS. I feel a drive to NY is a must!

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

I hate to be the one to go next after Tam's beautiful tablescape but since my Thanksgiving is over, I will repost a few of the pics from my Canadian Thanksgiving Table. Most of you have already commented so don't feel you have to do that but just thought it is nice to have them all on one thread.

DD

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

DD, glad you put pictures here too. Your table is so pretty and festive and colorful.

Delph, loved reading your post. Hit home about friends in real life thinking we're crazy, thank goodness for these Invisable Friends who are the BEST. Its like finding a home to come here, you relax and laugh and feel all warm and fuzzy with these gals and Jim.
    Congratulations on the new grand-baby. Now that is GIFT to treasure!

hugs, Karen

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

DD, I think your table is just lovely also. I love your centerpiece also. I love sunflowers & pumpkins together. I'm still planning my Thanksgiving dinner cooking timetable and you are already past that. I'm so glad you shared your table with us.

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

DD...I'm glad you posted your pictures again. I will tell you again, your table was so festive and all the colors were so wonderful. I think you inspired many here, with your wonderful pumpkin centerpiece w/candles..that was so clever.
    jane

• yachter123
    15 years ago

DD, your table is GORGEOUS! I don't think I saw it before this, love the centerpiece, it's a knock-out!!!

Karen, my grandson said that I talk about the people here & their decor, like I know them! HE thinks I'm crazy!!!! He's only 12 and is not allowed to chat on the computer, so he has no idea how we could possibly "know" each other! LOL

I definitely need a better camera, everyones pics are so clear, mine are dull & the sharpness is not there!!! Plus I have a lighting problem, the livingroom has no natural light most times!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Yacht, tell him you DO know us pretty darn well. I told my (grown) kids that like most children, I use to have an Invisible Friend when I was young. Now I'm over 60, I have a LOT of Invisible Friends. Life is good ! LOL

In all seriousness, I've become very close to a number of my cyber friends and its so easy to forget we've never met face to face.
    hugs, Karen

"To those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    To those who don't understand, no explanation is possible".

• mary_ruth
    15 years ago

Wonderful table Tamgypsy, I just love what you did on that table! I love it ALL!

DD, what a nice cheerful table you had! I love the colors!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Oh, I love having all the tables on one thread. I have been trying to figure out the details for mine, so keep posting and sharing ideas. Guess I should go back and look at the pics from last year too. Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions