Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Come and Enjoy 'The Giving Plate'

phonegirl
13 years ago

I had a very long day at work today. I even had to turn around after heading home and go back and get another order ready for our installer. So...when I finally got home I was tired and when I walked in..... a box with my name was waiting for me on the counter. The first thing I said to DH was "I didn't ordered anything" and he said well "it says it's for Punk, and that's you".

Our sweet Jane had sent me "The Giving Plate" and it matches our set of Johnson Brothers Dishes. Isn't it beautiful just like her? Funny thing, after seeing this I totally forgot what a tough day I was having. I had to set a table so I could share with all of you.

Jane, you took my breath away with this and I can't begin to Thank You enough for sending me this. I Love, Love ,Love it! I will cherish it forever and ever.

I will try to do some more tweaking on this table and share more pictures this weekend. Or maybe I will be like Candy and get up early and do it.LOL Thanks again for this beautiful gift, Jane. You are so sweet.

Good Night My DF's.

Punk

Comments (20)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

What a BEAUTIFUL gift! And perfect timing to arrive it sounds! Jane is a caring friend, and I know each time you look at this plate you will think of her and feel "hugged".

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, you are so right. Jane is a caring friend and every time I look at this I will feel hugged.

I tweaked this setting but would appreciate some critiquing from all of you.
    Would this table look better on a white cloth or maybe a brown one? I tried pink napkins and didn't care for them with the chargers. I don't have any pink pillars but will buy some next time I go shopping.

I have to head to the office but will be ready to tweak this evening. TIA for any advise on this.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a nice gift from a caring friend, and so appropriate for you, Punk. Jane, it sounds like your timing was just perfect for getting your gift to Punk on a day when she was tired and feeling down--what a wonderful surprise for her!

Punk, your table looks lovely with all the candlelight. I'll let the others who are better at tablescapes give the suggestions. I'm just so happy that your new gift inspired you to do a table. Even when not in a tablescape, your new plate will look great in a vignette or even in your cupboard.

I can't make out the verse on it, will you share that with us when you get time please?

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, punk...you are really something! You pulled this table off after long hrs of work & in appreciation for a gift from a friend. Your table is beautiful! "The Giving Plate" certainly is gorgeous & will always bring a smile to your face. Jane is a sweetheart!

You're asking for suggestions so I'll throw in a thought... first, I like the green t'cloth & candles...think they both work good with the creamy placemat. Also love, love your Johnson dishes & how you added your crystal to them in the 3rd pic on top. In your newest "tweaking," you used a pretty pink salad plate & I am wondering how this would look with a clear crystal or glass plate instead...would leave your touches of "pink" of pretty stemware & adding light pink pillar candles or green.

Oh, punk, I think it's wonderful...however you "tweak!" TFS your beautiful t'scape! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Wow. What a wonderful surprise. That's something you'll cherish FOREVER!

I have no suggestions. It all looks perfect to me.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I like the green and think it all looks wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

What a wonderful gift from a very thoughtful friend. It looks beautiful as part of your tablescape.
    NanaK

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

What a very pleasant surprise to come home to - I know that will always put a smile on your face. How very very sweet of Jane - reading it makes me smile. As for your tablescape - I love it - I have not done any so can't really comment on it - looks great to me tho .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk...
    Now you gave 'Me' a pleasant surprise. I was out all day, and came on here to find your post...AND see that Not ONLY did you Receive The Plate..but you Put together A Tablesetting for it!
    I guess this means 'You Like It...You Really...Really Like It' !! LOL >> I'm so happy it gave you a 'lift' after such a hectic day. I was laughing when you said to your DH...
    'I didn't order anything'! Like we ALL haven't been there and got caught...but this time, You were innocent!
    Well I love how you put together this lovely tablescape for it and can't believe you did it after such a long hard day. I'm so thrilled you love it...I've been waiting for just the right thing to send you..after you were so generous to send me those lovely Red Transferware cups that were from your family. (which I love)..
    I think this plate fits you perfectly...Always Giving of yourself...and your relationship with your Family. May you enjoy it for many years to come...and it's nice knowing it will remind you of me.

jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments on my beautiful Plate. I tried tweaking with the crystal plates but didn't care for that and my white ones didn't seem to make it pop either. I even tried green. Thanks Jeanne for the help and I think it needs the pink candles and perhaps different chargers. Maybe giving to much thought on this one.

Jane, was hoping to tweak it and then light the little leaf candles too just before you arrived but you didn't mention heading my way.LOL You found the perfect gift and I am thrilled with it. Thank you so much!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

My pleasure Punk...
    I guess I should have Honked on the Holiday Bus Horn..to give you warning! lol
    No need to knock yourself out, I think the table looks lovely as is.
    That's what I love about the Johnson Friendly Vlg..you can dress it up or down, and it looks good both ways.

Once again, enjoy.

jane

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Jane and Punk,

What a wonderful partnership! Jane, such a lovely gift and it sounds like it arrived at the perfect time! Punk, what a beautiful table you arranged around it, I'm with OA, it looks perfect.

- Magpie

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ditto to what Jane just said, "I think the table looks lovely as is. That's what I love about the Johnson Friendly Vlg..you can dress it up or down, and it looks good both ways."

Lovely, lovely gift & t'scape! And I'm always impressed with how you use candlelight! Jeanne S.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

The Giving Plate

Giving begins with love
    Which this plate so gladly holds,
    As it's passed from home to home,
    Linking friends both new and old.

It carries forth an invitation
    To gather and to share,
    To eat and laugh and celebrate
    And spend our time with care

No matter where it journeys,
    It is contantly renewed
    With memories and nourishment,
    Graced by family, friends and food.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jay...
    Were did you find that? I was trying to copy and paste it to post, but couldn't do it.
    Thanks

I think the saying is just lovely and so meaningful, and could easily apply to ALL of you here.

jane

• jaybird
    13 years ago

I just put it into a Microsoft document and then enlarged it so I could read it :^)
    You and Ms. PUNK are the ones who did all the work, and it is very beautiful and blessed!!!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Thank you Jay..
    Just proves there's still more for me to learn - every day!

Life is good...

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jaybird, thank you so much for doing that--I kept trying to make it out but couldn't even with my bifocals! Never even crossed my mind that I could save it and enlarge it! You are just so smart! ;o)

Beautiful verse, I love it.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Magpie, thanks for all your comments.

J, thanks so much for posting this verse for Luvs and all to read. It is a beautiful verse. I ended up with company for the weekend and didn't get back here.

Jeanne and Jane, thanks for your comments on the table and it's great to walk by every day and see it. Keeps a smile on my face.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

J, Thank you for posting the beautiful verse on the Giving plate. It is really touching.
    NanaKaren

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
More Discussions