Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Advice for Christmas Decoration

kirkus
11 years ago

My close friend Purplemoon has been my inspiration in decorating and has shared with me time and time again how much she LOVES the Holiday forum. So, I thought I would come to the experts for advice....

I have these little snow boots our youngest son has outgrown... The boots have so many memories that I'm not ready to part with them yet. :o) I thought I would use them in a display on our covered, country, wrap-around, front porch. I have my wife's childhood, wooden sled that I thought I would use in the display...maybe attaching a wreath to the sled... We live in the woods so I have access to LOTS of boughs, grape ivy, etc...

I was hoping to get your thoughts in how I could incorporate the boots into the display.

When I look at these boots, I smile BIG, remembering fun times in the snow together. :o) Your ideas would be sooo appreciated. I promise to post a photo once the display is finished.

Thank you! Thank you! I love looking at all of your wonderful ideas and am ALWAYS sooo inspired!

Big Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (10)

• sameboat
    11 years ago

How about just pulling them up next to the sleigh and filling them with greens sticking out the top and short branches with berries?

• sameboat
    11 years ago

Oh, and don't forget some candy canes!

• swest2_gw
    11 years ago

My son (28 today!) had some red cowboy boots when he was about 2. I put glass cylinder vases in them, fill with Christmas greens (fresh or Dollar store finds), ribbons, fake snowflakes, etc. I place them in the middle of my coffee table on a bed of pine boughs and sprinkle fake snow over everything. That way I can glance at them all the time throughout the season, they make me smile.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

So cute. I'd set it up all ready to use by the door... I'd stand the sleigh up against a wall and I'd drape a scarf and tethered mittens to the steering bar, with the boots setting ready at the base of the sleigh. :)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

I would thread some rope or twine thru the 'loops' on the boots & hang them around the sled (standing upright) like you hang a pair of ice or hockey skates...love the idea of pinery tucked in them....& you could add a scarf in the display, too. Here's a pic from last yr ...no snow tho. Have fun, Kirk! Jeanne

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Kirk, sounds like you and the ladies have some great ideas already. I love it that your keeping the little red boots to display. I still have both of our kids little cowboy boots some where. DD has saved DGD rain boots for me also.

Hope you share a picture when you decided how to display them and the sled. Have you started making the snowflakes this year? I tried to cut one out a while back and it wasn't pretty. Guess I need to google next time.LOL

Punk

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Cute! I bought some life-like faux red ice skates. I took some branches from the trees and spray painted them white, then set them near the fireplace.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Kirk, so glad to see you posting here with us again. Love the little red boots. You always make wonderful displays with your items, as I'm sure you will with these. Be sure and share the after pictures. P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing your big bear all dressed up for the holiday again too. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Kirk, I'm not surprised you got so many great ideas. But you might need to go buy more boots to do them all. ;o)

I can't wait to see what you end up doing with Ben's. I think it will make him feel special too. He's already following in his Daddy's footsteps with stuff, so I can easily see him doing this with own child 20 yrs from now!
    LOL.
    Meanwhile, you just keep making memories for your kids that are so wonderful!!

hugs, Karen

• sameboat
    11 years ago

kirk we want to see!

Sponsored
More Discussions