Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

We Give Thanks Table

phonegirl
12 years ago

I found these Season of Bounty orange and green plates at a ys this summer for $1. They all have different sayings but start out with "We Give Thanks". They are made by Kathy Killip. The 2 small candleabras were .25 and I also picked up the white turkey s & p shakers this summer while out ys.

Lg bowl is the match to my turkey platter I shared in my china cabinet. The chargers are William Sonoma I received as a BDay gift from family. Small plates are part of my Royal Doulton set that were DM's aunts collection. I started out my ts with this set and will always cherish this beautiful set.

Jeanne, lit the candles on the buffet for this picture just for you.haha

Jane, here's my lovely "Giving Plate" you sent and I still love it. I'm sure it will keep giving me joy forever. Saved some of my new pumpkins, grass and wire pumpkins to share with it on here.

I need to get my TG table set but haven't decided what I want to use. The plus is I won't have to rewash all of it if I keep putting it off.LOL Hope to get dinner rolls and pie crusts made tomorrow and in the freezer for TG dinner.

I worked today and stopped after work to see DGD who has a flu bug. Poor little thing was so sick.

We're getting our first snow so not sure if I'll try getting some outdoor decorations put out. Maybe I'll start indoors. Hope all is well with all of you and you've got your Christmas shopping started. It's going to come and go if I don't kick it in gear!

Punk

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, punk! All that candlelight & for me!!! Thank you! You know your candlelight always impresses me & is a gift to see when you share your t'scapes! Your buffet is very striking in this pic!

But I am absolutely lovin' those plates w/the precious sayings are them! Wow, those are beautiful how you layered them between the white dinnerplates & the tiny flowered small heirloom plates... it all looks wonderful!

Pretty glassware & that flatware you've used is so versatile & looks lovely! And your other sidetable/buffet looks gorgeous ...I love it..lots of pumpkins & pretties & that precious plate from your forum friend here! TFS, punk! Now I'm off to bed! (but had to comment on your ts) Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, you always comment on the candlelight so yes it was for YOU! Thanks for the comments and I need to head to bed too.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

What a lovely table Punk! Love your dishes and your entire table. Your buffet is gorgeous too!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene, thanks for your comments on this table and buffet. I thought these plates were pretty neat when I found them and had to share. I set my TG table today with my Churchill Turkey plates on a pink tc for a change.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Punk, I love those dishes. Perfect for a TG table. Your table is just perfect. I LOVE HOW YOU USED ALL THE CANDLES ON THE TABLE AND BUFFET. I didn't mean to hit the Cap lock, butI did and it just really shows how much I like it, so I left it. Love it all! Janet

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

How perfect are those plates!!! I am amazed at the variety of beautiful plates everyone finds. I'll bet you were doing the happy dance when you saw those!
    Your layering is spot on as usual.
    The buffet and the sideboard are wonderful, and I am studying the sideboard as I really like all the different pieces and how you used them on it.

I am thankful for all the wonderful friends on this board and the inspiration I receive from everyone's beautiful pictures.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Janet, your so fun. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Are your shingles any better?

Candy, you inspire me too! That's what great about all of us here. What I plan to set is a white table and buffet this winter if I can figure out what to put on them. How's the upstairs Christmas decorating going?

Thanks again for the comments.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk..this is such a lovely table...I too noticed ALL the candles too - Great Atmosphere!
    Those plates are so perfect for this table and I can't believe how much you paid for them...WOW!
    It's so nice that you have so many treasures from your family to put out and enjoy...to me that's so special.
    That buffet is such a beautiful piece and all your decorations look wonderful - yes I see the plate 'front and center ! ...I'm so happy you're still enjoying it.
    Wish I had half your energy - whipping up your tables and baking in between work..bottle that up and send some to me.

Hope your little DGD gets better soon. There's so many kids catching flu and colds from one another thru school.
    Take care of you too.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, that is such a beautiful table! The dishes and candles and buffet....ALL so very appealing.

I'm so sorry DGD has the flu. Poor thing. I hope no one else gets it, the flu really knocks the heck out of you!

As for Christmas shopping, don't remind me!! Then again, maybe someone BETTER. I haven't even THOUGHT about it this year, and I usually buy during the year for friends when I'm out antiquing or thrifting. Dang. I have a feeling this is fixin' to be a BIG problem for me now.
    And its always hard for me to get into Christmas shopping mode during Oct and Nov. All 3 of my kids birthdays for one thing, and a couple of the grandkids. Today my oldest son turned 48. Ugh, I feel awful OLD knowing that. And Jason turned 39 Nov 3rd...he's my last one in the 30's! LOL.

hugs, Karen

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Karen,
    My youngest son turns 30 tomorrow :) I have always told them that they can get older but don't drag me along LOL!
    Punk,
    your decor is just beautiful. I love the green goblets and the plates that you found. Those chargers are to.die.for.
    Your sideboard is awesome with all of the different levels. Having the candles lit up is such an awesome picture!
    Thanks for sharing with us :)
    Kath

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jane, Karen and Kath, thanks for your sweet comments. I was thrilled with the chargers and they are nice. I have several sets of those glasses and enjoy using them too.

DGD is better and DD had the flu today. I offered to come up and spend the night but DD said she's feeling better tonight. They had been down on Friday so I was already exposed. So far I've escaped it!

Karen, hope you had a fun BDay with DS. Makes me want a piece of cake and ice cream just talking about it. You do have alot going on this month with all those BDay's. I have a large roaster of stew in the oven I made after work tonight. It's smelling pretty good right now. I'll share with friends tomorrow.

Good One Kath 'I have always told them that they can get older but don't drag me along' LOL! My youngest will be 32 in Jan.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions