13 years ago

I know some of you like rustic and I think this is

really neat for a Fall look.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: rustic vignette

Comments (10)

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Thanks for the link Karen! I do love some rustic and this is such a coincidence as today I finally washed the grungy old drawer I bot earlier this year to use in vignettes. It's a similar size to the tray in the post so that link is most helpful. I just threw some things in it today but it definitely needs tweaking.

Still have Halloween up if you can believe it but the weather is so nice so I've been doing more gardening.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, I love rustic but don't use any in our home. Maybe this will inspire me to start.LOL I really like this vignette and it makes me think of some of the others on here for sure. I have a birdhouse DS made out of old barn wood that I need to show all of you. I will try to locate it and take a picture sometime.

Punk

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Karen,

You KNEW I'd love this one. Got to scrounge around outside and see if DH left any scraps of wood out in the rain. I could use that tray in dozens of ways. Right in the center of the table, with holly and fir and twigs is the first thing that strikes me ('cause, of course, I wouldn't get it finished until Christmas...NEXT Christmas, that is (LOL!)

- Magpie

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Pretty idea! I'm just now putting up my Autumn decs and this has really gotten me in the mood. Thanks!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Great Karen!! A person could also use an old soda crate for the tray!
    You did good Missy!!
    J

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Really no need for me to comment, right, purplemoon? It's a given!! OLD BARNWOOD!...LOVE IT! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, Jeanne, I knew this had your name all over it. Like Punk said, I also love rustic but don't have any in this house. If I had access to old barn wood tho, I'd go crazy with stuff like this.
    I hope some of you do your take on this idea, I'd love to see it. LG, your old drawer should work great!

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I like old barnwood too, but gave up on prim/rustic decor two houses ago. I do like how this gal used the old tray, she made an interesting arrangement. I remember visiting her blog before to see the chalkboard Halloween sign she made for outdoors using one of those advertising signs like the realtors and political candidates use. Now I keep eyeing the leftover signs wondering if it's illegal to "collect" a couple of them.LOL Will you gals bail me out if I get arrested??????

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Well My Mother was the 'Gemini' in the family, but
    most times I swear I was one too!
    There's a side of me that loves 'frou frou'...but the other side just Loves Rustic, and I loved looking at this.

Thanks Karen.

jane

• leveta
    13 years ago

Love It!!!

Sponsored
More Discussions