Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Thanksgiving Decor Coming Along Today

jeannespines
13 years ago

Got the Halloween stuff put away & started adding to Fall decor for Thanksgiving. Took down the apple decor from buffet & shelf & got this much done today....tweak, tweak, tweaking! These pics are with low-lighting as this is how it looks tonight:

Added turkey S&P shakers to DR table centerpc:

Buffet right side ... moved metal leaf from LR end table, added couple books behind it & put ceramic pumpkin from china cabinet on top of bks... took green gourd out of lantern & added timer faux candle. Don't know if you can see the runner...I cut & sewed the edges today...it's a pc of uphostry fabric I bought at HL:

Here's the left end of buffet...my ceramic turkey I bought last yr & the wire cage...plus the new fall miniature pumpkin swag that I showed a pic of recently:

Here's the shelf above the buffet...took down apple print & added this fav print from my computer/craft room. It's a farmer & son (or gr'son) shucking/tying corn...this framed pic was my DH's gr'pa's...awarded to g'pa in 1959-60 for seed corn sales...I love it!

I'll do some more tweaking & adding tomorrow ...& send daylight pics of full view. And the bird & 2 pumpkins are from shopping trip I posted on Tues. TF lookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, your centerpiece is so cute with the s & p turkeys, leaf and candles on your neat cloth. Love the glow in your second picture and everything looks great together.

I must say that I totally LOVE your third picture with the turkey in the wire cage with berries and candle. Your DH's gr'pa's picture with the pumpkins and little bird is touching. Thanks for sharing this with us. Enjoyed all your decorations tonight.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne...your decor always gives me a 'Warm & Fuzzy' feeling...and makes me want to be sitting at your kitchen table, enjoying a cup of tea or anything with you.
    I like all your changes...and I think you got 'another twin turkey' that I and Tam have, which would actually make him a 'triplet' to ours! If he's a large size, then I think it's the same one. He came with a dull finish to him, but I gave him a glaze to bring out some life and character to his feathers. Also, I remember that picture you have displayed on the shelf, and I think it's 'My' favorite too. I love the subject. I guess even though I was raised in NY,since is was 3, I'm a country girl at heart, being born in Ohio! lol
    I'm enjoying your changes..keep em coming.
    You've inspired me to do the same.
    Thanks,

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

All your vignettes look really nice, Jeanne. I really like that picture too and it seems so appropriate for this time of year. Love the arrangement in the wire cloche. And your new pumpkins are making their debut--very nice. I agree with Jane, everything looks so cozy and inviting. Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Boy, if those pictures don't say, "Thanksgiving," then nothing does. Love the colors, the items you're displaying, the way you group them, and the stories they hold.

You're not a bad photographer either. Wish I lived closer. I'd make you give me lessons.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

love the fall/harvest/Thanksgiving look - it is my favorite 2nd on to Christmas - I enjoyed looking at your pictures this morning - TFS .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

I love your Thanksgiving decor. The soft lighting makes everything look warm and inviting. The picture on the shelf is perfect for the season.
    NanaK

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

"Coming along", huh? I'd say it definitely was that!
    Beautiful vignettes, as always from you. I especially love the left end of buffet with the turkey, wire cage, and pumpkin garland. WOW.
    I think you have one of my turkey S&P sets. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

What everybody already said!!
    I especially like the buffet arrangements.

TFS,
    Candy

• party_music50
    13 years ago

It all looks beautiful, Jeanne! I love your S&P shakers... and the simplicity of the candles and stained glass leave. Your ceramic turkey and arrangement is wonderful. The table runner you made looks perfect. Can't wait to see more pics tomorrow!

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Jeanne,

Oh, I love your style. The big turkey (I've been envious of those since Jane got one), the white pumpkins, the candles...with I could put it together like you do!

But the picture over the shelf is my favorite. So understated, and so perfect for the holiday. I love all your things!

- Magpie

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Jeanne, you first photo inspired me! I will
    use a piece of 'junk' that I picked up as a
    candle holder!
    It is a vanity light with many spots for light
    bulbs.
    I will Paint the fixture, add wood to the sides
    and use
    it like yours.... Thanks! I wasn't sure what to
    do with it...

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your lovely comments, all of you, holiday-ers!

What I love about photography is that you can "isolate" & really see the wonderful vignettes that are created here on this forum by everyone! I like to use them on photo cards...so thank you for your appreciation.

jane...I'm happy to be part of the turkey "triplets!"

OA...used to give photo workshops to kids on many occassions...still do the prairie trip one where you turn 3rd graders lose in the prairie/woods with digital cameras! Love it! Wished we lived closer, too...maybe I'll see CA yet!

nonacook...sounds like a fun project! Good luck!

luvs, party, punk, purplemoon, lynne, magpie, candy, nanaK...thanks a bunch...I just love this forum & learning so much from all of you! Jeanne S.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Your decos look beautiful and the picture is perfect!
    I also have a brown turkey, so I guess they were quadruplets :^) I have had mine for about 10 years I guess, and drag it and the turkey salt and peppers out every year. (yours are prettier though, mine were Mom's and they are a bit worse for wear! I remember putting them out when I was just a kiddo, and that was MANY years ago!)
    Thanks for showing us your pretties!
    J

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions