Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Some More Thanksgvg Decor in Kitchen & Dining Areas (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Here's some more decor I've been working on...switching things around from Halloween/Fall decor ...these pics are on the Oak shelf above my sliding glass doors in the dining room area:

Right side:

Left side:

The faux leaf garlands I purchased this Fall on a trip w/friends ...I like the yellow/gold color of them...here'sa closeup of my heirloom pitcher & the mercury glass owl I got at TJMax this Fall:

Center of shelf close-up of some heavy metal-like green pumpkins got on clearance after holidays last yr:

Those little S&P Quails I moved up here by a pottery bowl from TS for $3 awhile back...I love using pottery in the kitchen & for display:

And this teapot was a find at a flea market many yrs ago on vac...handle needs some repair so I removed it:

Moving across to the kitchen countertop is this covered bowl (candy dish for us) ...& leaf basket w/napkins I got at a GS:

And here's my covered 'turkey' from last yr ...he's so colorful...love him ... on brown linen square t'cloth I've shared before...great for Fall table!

Here's a full view of kitchen counter vignette:

Close-up of cake plate (very old from my Gr'ma) w/covered acorn glass bowl (enabled by you all a couple yrs ago) & glass stems for candlesticks (TS finds):

And one last pic of living room divider by front door...pumpkins are after holiday sale bargains & the crocheted round placemats I got a set of at GS for $1 ea this summer. Getting ready for Thanksgiving...2 weeks & counting! ;-) TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

This divider will be removed if I get lucky & get new floors in the new yr! (hoping!)

Comments (7)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I am so in love with it ALL. Everything looks beautiful. The covered turkey especially grabbed my attention!! And your mercury owl...just like mine, except unfortunately mine is red. :o( Only one there was, at Home Goods. Then there's those metal greenish pumpkins. WOW. Your gold-colored leaf garland is perfect. The way you did your grandmother's cake plate and the neat covered Acorn bowl is so pretty.
    Honestly, as I said at the beginning, I love it all.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne..just beautiful - ALL OF IT!
    Love the oak shelf display ..with the metal pumpkins and that beautiful Turkey that 'grabbed Karen's eye - grabbed mine too' !! Wonderful mercury owl..I'm seeing them all over now and to think I've passed them up at TS...who knew!
    YOur glass covered acorn and candleholders on DGM's cake plate is a lovely vignette on your counter. I also like the pretty covered bowl (with hidden candy) and the leaf basket along side it. Everything again, is so warm and inviting...Looks like you're all ready - just waiting for the big 'T' day!

jane

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Very pretty Jeanne - love the leaf garland - I have the same style but it is more burgundy/orange. Would love to have some yellow also to add to mine. Your pottery is so pretty and adds so much to your vignettes - very nicely done.....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Karen, Jane & Lynne ... I forgot to mention that my DH made the wood leaves (scroll work) on the LR divider...they are beautiful!

And my DH consoled me with my wish to 'lower' that oak shelf on the sliding glass doors about 2" cause it was too close to the ceiling for me to 'stand up' a standard size dinner plate.(That shelf has been probably there for 20 yrs or so!) Oh boy, that was a chore! We worked at it for quite a few hrs one day & decided that I am now happy to have it lowered & it would never be moved again!!! LOL!

The pretty cake plate has one of those old aluminum type dome covers with a knob...the plate is beautiful! Happy Turkey month!! Thanks for your comments! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, nice job on all this! I agree with all the above comments. Your kitchen counter pics with candles lit are wonderful. So many neat items displayed on this post.

I have an old covered cake plate that I'll have to share sometime. Not as fancy as yours but kinda neat. Seeing yours reminded me of it.

I had to laugh about lowering the shelf. I seem to do things like this alot. Once it's started, there's no turning back. I think you will enjoy a whole new way of decorating it.

Your DH's leaves are neat and I like all your white pumpkins on the divider. I so need new flooring but can't seem to getter done. Not positive what I want is the main reason tho. I love hardwood but know I still want carpet in our living rooms. DS is great at laying tile and his home is beautiful. I'd rather vac. so.....

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, punk ...would like to see your covered cakeplate sometime. Lowering the shelf did not cover any of the doors glass ...so I think it's really great now! (smurking)...

Hard to decide on flooring here also...carpet now in LR,DR,Hallway...hardwoods in BR's...electric heat so carpet always seems warmers....going to get estimate on hardwood, I think. Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL! Your house always just feels like home to me...so inviting and comfortable. LOVE it all! Your hubby did a great job on the wooden leaves too! Love your big turkey tureen...he's so great!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions