Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

A few finds

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Stopped by the little AL "treasure shop" the other day and found a couple things I liked. The snowman plate was $1.99 and the two Debbie Mumm plates were 69 cents each. They will go with two other plates I already have--notice the ACORNS along the rim???? ;o)

Then tonight, I stopped by Big Lots and they had their Halloween/Fall leftovers for 90% off. I dug a bit and found a couple acorn items and some fall candle rings. The big candle rings used to be $4 now only 40 cents. Most expensive item was only $1.00--now those are prices I like! LOL

Comments (7)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm kicking myself for not getting to Big Lots this week as I'd planned. You found some wonderful things and the prices are super. That Snowman plate is especially cute! And look at all the acorn stuff you found! Debbie Mumm things are always cute, love the cardinal plate!

Great shopping trip you had.
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Great find Luvs...I guess those acorns were waiting for you
    to come pick them up and those prices are unbelievable.
    The plates are really cute and what a great buy for those Debbie Mumm's..

jane

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Those are great!! and the price was perfect! I love the snowpeople...too cute!
    I have been looking for BIG acorns for "scatter" on my Thanksgiving tables. DH just came by with a bag of them a lady gave him. He went to her house to pick up a piece of machinery, saw the acorns and asked if he could have some. She not only said yes, she gathered a bag full while he was loading the trailer!! It is so late in the season, the caps are falling off, but she gathered caps too, so I will glue them back together tonight and be good to go!! It SOOO made me think of you :^)

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Luvs, you did great! I didn't catch any of those sales!

Jay, be careful! A few bloggers wrote how when they brought the acorns into the house the warmth made the worms inside hatch! I think you have to bake them to kill the larvae!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jaybird, what a lucky find and what a wonderful DH to bring them home to you! Yes, do bake them for a bit on low temp just to make sure all the critters are gone. My neighbor was up in the mountains and came home with a jar full of acorns for me! (See everybody knows I went beserk over acorns! Karen is right, my name should be Scrat like the little guy in the Ice Age movie!) LOL I am so enjoying all my acorn items, the dish from you, all the wonderful acorn things from Ms. Karen, the plates and mugs Betty found for me last year--just all of it--I don't want Fall to be over yet!

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I missed this post, luvs! You found some great $$$ bargains! Mum plates are cute & those snowmen, too! Unusual accorn items, too...wow! Everytime I see an acorn (while shopping), I think of you! What fun! You're getting a great collection! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Boopadaboo
    13 years ago

Lovely finds! I love the acorns.

I went shopping on Monday hoping to find some Fall type finds for my thanksgiving table. no such luck. I went to Home goods and Target and there was nothing but Christmas out. I found a couple of things at homegoods and put them in my cart but ended up not buying them. I think I need to figure out what I have first and then work on adding next year. Plus so much of the stuff at homegoods seemed beat up to me for some reason.

I was tempted by some of the Christmas items but they seemed very expensive. I have to learn to bargain hunt and find the good spots by me I guess. :)

Sponsored
More Discussions