Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Came up with a 'Pencil' Idea for Porch Table!

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 11 at 0:18

Yesterday I mentioned I only had to iron the porch t'cloth & the porch would be done...had a play day today shopping w/friends but this evening I got 'er done!

Here's my porch table & centerpc:

I used this plaid cotton t'cloth I purchased at Kohl's on clearance (it has a flaw in it) ...added a 'framed' long skinny mirror that I bought at an antique shop this summer:

Porch Table Winter CP Full 11.11

I've added these 'pencil' snowmen(ladies) & Santa's ..a couple of them I've had for many yrs & then I picked up a few more at TS's & GS's for a $ or so ...& thought, ummmm...good collection, won't take up much space! LOL!

Porch Table Pencil CP 11.11

Thought the mirror needed a little more bling so I dug into my bead stash & added these clear glass & red seed beads:
Porch Table Winter Pencil Santa B11.11
Porch Table Winter Pencil Snowman 11.11

As long as no one decides to 'blow' on them, it will be ok! LOL!
Porch Table Winter Pencil Santa 11.11

So here's the finished porch table corner ...ahhh, the porch is done & I'm lovin' it! (but wouldn't this mirror look even cuter with 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 more! LOL! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Porch Table Winter Full View 11.11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Came up with a 'Pencil' Idea for Porch Table!

Jeanne, your so clever! Cute pencil figurines and they lined up real sweet on the mirror. Your tc looks nice. Nothing wrong with a flaw when the price is right. Adding the beads was a great idea.

Punk

o

That is adorable. I can't believe you found a skinny mirror, which is so perfect, for your skinny pencil figures! How neat! Adding the beads was a great touch too.
That tablecloth gives everything a big punch/pop of color and really sets the scene on your porch!

hugs, Karen

o

How cute, perfect for your porch,
great place to sit with a cup of cocoa and watch for Santa and his reindeer!
Nana

o

Another really cute idea! LOVE the tablecloth and your "pencil" snowman family is great. I think that is the skinniest mirror I've ever seen!

o

Thanks, Holiday-ers ... Ho! Ho! Ho!...I've got lots more decorating to go!!! Tomorrow is Dec. 1st! Time is flying by so quickly! Appreciate your comments! Jeanne S.

o

Ahh, Jeanne - "wouldn't this mirrorr look even cuter...." - a woman after my own heart! It looks great - love the seed bead accents - touch of a master!

o

While out taking care of the gr'kids at their place last wk while they were in school/preschool one day, we found a consignment shop...DH enabled me by finding two more pencil figurines...the angel caroler is a "Wang" 1993 (left side of mirror) & another 'Santa' (far right next to the tallest Santa) $3 each:

Porch Table Centerpc Pencil Figurines 12.11

What fun! & you can pack these away in a shoebox! LOL! Jeanne S. (not the long mirror tho...I'll hang it!)

I attached a closer view of this angel from e-bay below...click on link.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1993 Angel Pencil Figurine

o

How wonderful you found two more, and one an Angel. She is a terrific addition I think.

Long, long ago I had a small collection of pencil Santas but I guess they ended up donated at some point as I haven't seen them in about 15 years. You are sure right about how easy it is to store them! LOL.

Maybe in the future I should switch over to MINI Christmas decorations, and shoeboxes instead of bins!! Sounds like a plan, especially at this point in my current decorating.
LOL

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here