Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Paper Flowers & a Bird Basket

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 0:10

I posted a pic of my wall hutch on the porch earlier ~~ still wanting some hydrangeas for the top. Well, I asked a friend if she had cut some of hers cause mine were small & already getting bare. Anyway she found me something else ... paper hydrangeas @ a garge sale ... cheap! ;-)

This is a pic of my bare cabinet top & I'll post in my comments some more pics. Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Paper Flowers & a Bird Basket

Aren't they different! I'll post the link I found Googling for DIY ... & I'm going to try to make a few myself!

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY Paper Flowers

o

A little closer view ... a bit blurry cause this is a night shot out on the porch. ;-)

o

...and the bird basket I put tog for a silent auction for our 'Friends of the Library' coming up Sat. @ the local craft show in town. Hubby built the birdhouse, I added some of my photo cards of birds & a wood cardinal from Hobby Lobby ... also some small pinecones from our vac in So D. this summer. Hope you enjoy ~~Jeanne S.

o

Jeanne, love your new flowers. So wonderful your DF. They look like they could be made out of patterns? I've wanted to make some out of coffee filters and dye them different colors. Thought this might work for DGD and I when we make our angels.

Your so sweet to make this darling basket up to donate. I see you've attached some of your beautiful cards. Someone is going to score big time with this one!

TFS, Punk

o

punk...I added the link to the 2nd post on making DIY paper Hydrangeas ...I'm going to try it. You're right...they are made of patterns ... I bought some old patterns for 25 cts each the other day.. I had donated a bunch of my old ones so now I buy them back! ~~giggle. Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY Paper Flowers (Hydrangeas)

o

The paper hydrangeas are neat they are perfect for the top of your shelf, and a great use for old patterns.
I love the basket you put together for the auction. The winner will very lucky to get it.
Nana

o

What a good friend, those paper ones are pretty neat. I probably wouldn't have known they were paper if you hadn't said so.

Love your basket! Someone is going to be very happy going home with it. That cardinal is really cute!

hugs, Karen

o

Does anyone here, besides me,
Remember using this same technique
with Kleenex tissue to make flowers?
We made tons of them for various things,
back in the '50s.

Punk, how do you make flowers from coffee filters?
Sounds like they would be really neat, too.

Rusty

o

Thanks, 'Holiday-ers!'

Yup, Rusty, I remember making the kleenex ones... lovely flowers! Jeanne S

o

There are alot of tutorials on making these flowers on you tube. I will have to check out the one Jeanne shared. Here's a bolg that has some pretty flowers too. I didn't see the one that I really liked before.

My DGD and DM made so many crafts and yes 'Rusty' they made kleenex tissue flowers in the 60's.lol Hope you make some and share pictures with us.

Punk

Here is a link that might be useful: Two shades of pink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here