Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fall Paper Flowers & a Bird Basket

jeannespines
10 years ago

I posted a pic of my wall hutch on the porch earlier ~~ still wanting some hydrangeas for the top. Well, I asked a friend if she had cut some of hers cause mine were small & already getting bare. Anyway she found me something else ... paper hydrangeas @ a garge sale ... cheap! ;-)

This is a pic of my bare cabinet top & I'll post in my comments some more pics. Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aren't they different! I'll post the link I found Googling for DIY ... & I'm going to try to make a few myself!

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY Paper Flowers

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A little closer view ... a bit blurry cause this is a night shot out on the porch. ;-)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

...and the bird basket I put tog for a silent auction for our 'Friends of the Library' coming up Sat. @ the local craft show in town. Hubby built the birdhouse, I added some of my photo cards of birds & a wood cardinal from Hobby Lobby ... also some small pinecones from our vac in So D. this summer. Hope you enjoy ~~Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, love your new flowers. So wonderful your DF. They look like they could be made out of patterns? I've wanted to make some out of coffee filters and dye them different colors. Thought this might work for DGD and I when we make our angels.

Your so sweet to make this darling basket up to donate. I see you've attached some of your beautiful cards. Someone is going to score big time with this one!

TFS, Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

punk...I added the link to the 2nd post on making DIY paper Hydrangeas ...I'm going to try it. You're right...they are made of patterns ... I bought some old patterns for 25 cts each the other day.. I had donated a bunch of my old ones so now I buy them back! ~~giggle. Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY Paper Flowers (Hydrangeas)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

The paper hydrangeas are neat they are perfect for the top of your shelf, and a great use for old patterns.
    I love the basket you put together for the auction. The winner will very lucky to get it.
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

What a good friend, those paper ones are pretty neat. I probably wouldn't have known they were paper if you hadn't said so.

Love your basket! Someone is going to be very happy going home with it. That cardinal is really cute!

hugs, Karen

• Rusty
    10 years ago

Does anyone here, besides me,
    Remember using this same technique
    with Kleenex tissue to make flowers?
    We made tons of them for various things,
    back in the '50s.

Punk, how do you make flowers from coffee filters?
    Sounds like they would be really neat, too.

Rusty

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, 'Holiday-ers!'

Yup, Rusty, I remember making the kleenex ones... lovely flowers! Jeanne S

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

There are alot of tutorials on making these flowers on you tube. I will have to check out the one Jeanne shared. Here's a bolg that has some pretty flowers too. I didn't see the one that I really liked before.

My DGD and DM made so many crafts and yes 'Rusty' they made kleenex tissue flowers in the 60's.lol Hope you make some and share pictures with us.

Punk

Here is a link that might be useful: Two shades of pink

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions