Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
circuspeanutgw

Best brand of electric/battery window candles?

Circus Peanut
12 years ago

hi folks,

I'm wondering who has some input on the various brands of electric and/or battery-operated single candlesticks, the type you place in windows during the holidays.

Are they all the same, cheaply made in China, or are there specific brands or stores that offer a better/nicer/more durable selection? Or even any made somewhere other than China?

Many thanks for any input!

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I'm no help but hopefully some of the other gals can direct you to the best ones. I just wanted to say Hello and welcome to our Forum.

Karen

• khinmn92
    12 years ago

Check out Sillites. These are actually outlets that you can place in your windowsill or other small spaces that need an unobtrusive electrical supply. I usually lurk on the Kitchen forum and have seen them suggested for kitchen islands. They can apparently be retrofitted. I haven't tried them myself, but it's an interesting concept!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sillites Candles

• arcy_gw
    12 years ago

I found here in MN the cold near a window chills the batteries to the point they do not light the candle blubs. I had to go electric. Something with timers are the way to go!!!

• ginny12
    12 years ago

The Plow and Hearth catalog sells high-quality products. I bought my battery-operated Christmas window candles from them years ago and they are still going strong. They have quite a selection and I recommend them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plow and Hearth

• pashu
    11 years ago

HI, I am looking for distributor list of palm candles and soy candles near my downtown. Here dealers give these candles in high rate as compared to market prices. So I would like to know the places for buying them directly from retailer.

• lolpetrol
    8 years ago

Hey, just wanted to revive this since I found it on Google when I was looking myself - I ended up going with standard electric window candles, but these really bright LED "filament" candle bulbs that give off a lovely golden glow (2400K, warmer than standard household light of 2700K) and barely even get warm. They're not cheap but I like to keep a candle in my window to cheer up the street and they're nice and bright. Linky.

• grandmamary_ga
    8 years ago

I also have Bethlehem candles from QVC. I have had mine for years. I really have no problems with them. I like a dark bedroom when I sleep so I have to turn mine off individually. That is my only complaint. I guess i could turn them on earlier in the late day but that seems a waste when it is still light outside. I do like the battery type.

• lolpetrol
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Amazon ran out of the bulb I recommended above!!!!!. I have a couple others I've tried now which I like a lot.

These are NOT battery operated, if that helps... I use plug in ones because they're bright, I don't like messing with batteries, and I put them on a timer for the 6 months between autumn and spring, lol. Seriously though, it makes these dark days brighter!

These are really nice and not as bright as the super bright golden light ones I recommended. If you do NOT want super bright LEDs, in my super geeky opionion.. try these ones: http://amzn.to/1XE2bJX (Satco is always quality) ...

If you do want them a bit bright and in a range of colors (gold tint, clear etc etc) get the 2 watt ones of these..., there is an entire product line of "filament" bulbs that look very classical! The 2200K or any "K" number lower than 2700 will have a warm glow, 2700K will look like normal bulbs. http://amzn.to/1TDbBj1

Personally I'm a little annoyed cause they don't look exactly like my bright ones and I like to have them all standardized, but what are you gonna do, they are inventing more and more LED bulbs every year, including festive ones :p

• ginny12
    6 years ago

I don't like LED bulbs. Can you remove the LED bulbs from these window candles and use regular night-light or Christmas-tree bulbs?

• pdg777
    2 years ago

FYI these are still going strong 10 years later!

Sponsored
More Discussions