Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best brand of electric/battery window candles?

Posted by circuspeanut (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 0:09

hi folks,

I'm wondering who has some input on the various brands of electric and/or battery-operated single candlesticks, the type you place in windows during the holidays.

Are they all the same, cheaply made in China, or are there specific brands or stores that offer a better/nicer/more durable selection? Or even any made somewhere other than China?

Many thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best brand of electric/battery window candles?

I'm no help but hopefully some of the other gals can direct you to the best ones. I just wanted to say Hello and welcome to our Forum.

Karen

o

I have the Bethelehem Lights candles from QVC. They operate by batteries either on a sensor, steady on, or a timer. The timer is SO convenient. You turn them on at the time you want them to come on every day (I have 5:15 p.m.) and then they stay on for eight hours. Then every day after that they come on by themselves and stay on for eight hours. They have an antique brass base, and they came in brushed nickel and regular brass also. They can be raised or lowered according to your window sash.

I got them during Christmas in July of 2010 when they were really cheap, maybe $40.00 for 4, because I have two sets. I put mine in last year on the Sunday aftef Thanksgiving, and one set of batteries lasted until two weeks after New Years. I believe it's 3 C batteries. The light is really bright.

All this being said, I had a set before these from Walgrens for maybe $10.00 for 4, same setup with battery and timer, except they only stayed on 6 hours. I really wanted some that would stay on longer, and were taller, which is why I got the ones from QVC.

o

Check out Sillites. These are actually outlets that you can place in your windowsill or other small spaces that need an unobtrusive electrical supply. I usually lurk on the Kitchen forum and have seen them suggested for kitchen islands. They can apparently be retrofitted. I haven't tried them myself, but it's an interesting concept!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sillites Candles

o

I found here in MN the cold near a window chills the batteries to the point they do not light the candle blubs. I had to go electric. Something with timers are the way to go!!!

o

The Plow and Hearth catalog sells high-quality products. I bought my battery-operated Christmas window candles from them years ago and they are still going strong. They have quite a selection and I recommend them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plow and Hearth

o

HI, I am looking for distributor list of palm candles and soy candles near my downtown. Here dealers give these candles in high rate as compared to market prices. So I would like to know the places for buying them directly from retailer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here