Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

some 'new' decor purchases

Purplemoon
10 years ago

Two friends and I went to the antique mall and I found some Holiday decor to bring home. Obviously not antique, but who cares. :o) Tho this "wild turkey" pair, think they are turkeys, might be old. I got them both for $8.
{{gwi:1445873}}
Metal Witch Boots candle-holders....loved these! And the pair was $10. The owl was $4. He's got kind of a purple tint swirled in the black and is very sparkly. I BETTER decorate for Halloween or my daughter is liable to confiscate the boots as she likes witch stuff too.
{{gwi:1445874}}

I wish I'd remembered to take a photo of a wonderful Elf Santa I found. He is soooo neat, and has a little frog prince sitting on his shoulder. The frog and the Elf are
ceramic or porcelain, and his body is poseable. Jason's wife loves cute frog things and I bought this for her....but boy, its a good thing I love her so much. I really was super tempted to keep it!! It was only $7....what a steal I think.
I'll see if Jason can take a pix for me, otherwise might have to wait till Xmas decorating if she's already put it away with her stuff.

hugs, Karen

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Ohhh I like what you got Karen!
    From what I see running thru our woods...those are
    turkeys. Great price for the pair.
    I LOVE the metal Witch Boot candle holders - very different, and the
    owl - hmmm purple swirled in the black.....seems these were made with you in mind! lol
    Look forward to seeing them out at Halloween.
    jane

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Great finds! Those turkeys are very interesting. Lots of detail. Also love the owl and witch's shoes! I love owl decorations, and so does my grandma. Witch's shoes are so cool for Halloween, it is actually one of my handmade card designs this year:

Thanks for sharing! I hope I can find some good bargains soon too :)

-SD

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Oh wow...bargains galore ... love that pair of 'turkeys,' you're find a great place for those, I bet! Wow!

Your 'bling' will certainly look good for Halloween! Glad you got out & about & enjoyed some time 'shopping!' ;-) Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seas, what a wonderful card. You do beautiful work!

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

KAREN, I wonder if I threw out some corn, your turkeys could fly to NC? I love them. Are they as large as they look in the pic. Almost as large as the wild one I saw yesterday. Your halloween treasures are great finds too. I decided that I was going to paint one of my little villages from DT in black for halloween like the one on pinterest. I used green and purple glitter paint in spots. I"m not finished yet, but I think it will be cute.

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

KAREN, I wonder if I threw out some corn, your turkeys could fly to NC? I love them. Are they as large as they look in the pic. Almost as large as the wild one I saw yesterday. Your halloween treasures are great finds too. I decided that I was going to paint one of my little villages from DT in black for halloween like the one on pinterest. I used green and purple glitter paint in spots. I"m not finished yet, but I think it will be cute.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Janet, the male turkey is about 10" high. I took the photo of them on my bathroom counter, not the floor, so
    not as big as you thought. I think your Halloween Village will turn out wonderful with the glitter added. :o)

My daughter saw the witch boot candleholders today and loved them. So I let her take them (her birthday is Monday, so made a nice little extra gift along with the planned gift card).

I got a picture of the Christmas Elf that I gave my DDIL, so here he is. He's about 18-20".

{{gwi:1445877}}

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Love those turkeys, Karen. They'd be right at home with mine, and the ones that frequent the field behind my house.
    And do i like those witch boots? Oh yes I do! They would be perfect in my house, oh darn, you gave them to your DD
    DD3 gave me an owl about 5yrs ago before they became so popular. I bring it out every year but I don't really feature it. I guess I should.
    Loved everything Karen

SD your hand made card is so pretty.

Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Karen, so glad to hear you and a cpouple of friends went on a shopping spree. Even better to see your new finds! Sweet set of turkeys. DF's have 20 wild turkeys at their place and wish they'd fly the coop. However, I enjoy seeing them.

You've always liked witch boots. What a DM to give them to DD. The owl is a great find and will be so fun for your Halloween decor.

Oh the Santa Elf is adorable. Your DD knows she's got a DM who loves her with that find. I'm thinking I might be lucky that DD doesn't enjoy decorating for the Holidays right now! I just hope that one day DGD can convince her all my stuff is worth keeping.haha

Punk

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

All really neat finds! Glad you had some fun shopping time with your friends. Such a sweet Mom to part with both the witche's boots and the elf. Fun to put a smile on both the gals faces, huh?

Sponsored
More Discussions