Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Halloween spider detail pics

luvstocraft
13 years ago

For those who wanted more details about the spider, here's a few pics that should be helpful if you'd like to try to make one. Luvs

Close up of the head

the body shape

Holes drilled in body and leg wires threaded through:

leg wire twisted for knee and for foot:

Comments (9)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Thanks, Luvs.
    How long is the body and how wide at its widest?

Also what is the approx. length of the leg from the body to the knee and the knee to the foot?

Hope all these questions don't make you sorry you ever posted!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Of course I should have listed more details! Sorry about that. The body is 4 1/4 on the bottom and 3 1/2 on the top. The section where the head attaches is slightly angled so his head is slanted back and up. Head is 2 3/4 from top to tip of chin and pretty much the same from cheek to cheek. Nose is a 1 inch wood plug glued on. Wire leg is 3 1/2 to the knee and 5 inches from knee to foot. You need to allow extra for running through the body, for bending at the knee, and for twisting a couple times for the foot. Painting on him is pretty simple too.

OA, you live close enough to be able to just borrow him to use for a pattern if you'd like. Aren't we about due to meet up for another lunch date? ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, that's great for you and OA but what about me??? Can you two bring me a pattern?LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk, there are two of us here already, so come on down! You can have lunch with us too, and we'll trace off some patterns for everyone! ;o) Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

How cute!!!!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh bummer! I can't "come on down" (or "over) ... would you trace one off for me, too, luvs & send it snail mail? Maybe I can get DH to cut some of these out...don't know if feasible cost to mail them....will ck on that. How thick is the board? 3/4" or so? Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is neat, Luvs!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Very cute.
    TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I will draw off a pattern and send one to you. With that and these pictures, I'm sure you and your DH can figure it out. Sorry it's not going to be in time for this Halloween, but will give you something new for next year at least.

I still had several projects I wanted to make this year but haven't gotten to all of them. Really wanted to get that wire cloche like OA made done, I have the wire at least so can do it for next year. I also wanted to find a branch to make a Halloween tree--even have a neat pot for it to go in--maybe next year! I'm working on a little painted item that should get finished tomorrow at least.

Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions