Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

A table to crow about!

christmascandy
12 years ago

Fall Rooster table:

The plates, tablecloth, napkins/napkin rings, placemats, chargers, and candlesticks are all TS treasures. The placemats were brand new with the tags still attached.

The Rooster pitcher was Ross, and the matching sugar and creamer were Big Lots.

The clear goblets are DT and the red glasses & S & P's are heirloom. The flatware was last Christmas and the candles are HL.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, Cock-a doodle-dooooo...this table is as amazing as you. So pretty with all the roosters! Happy to see you found all these pieces that match. They are wonderful and the plates go so well with them. Looks like you have chicken napkin rings too!

Beautiful place mats, lucky you again! Glad to see you are using the red glasses & S & P's that are heirloom. Your pretty flatware is NICE.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, this table is really something to crow about! It is great for Fall and would look wonderful any time of year.
    I love it! The colors you chose are so bright and cheerful.
    Your flatware is lovely. It is so nice to be able to use heirloom pieces like your S@Ps.
    Your lovely yard looks pretty in the background.
    TFS.
    How is baby Dylan doing?

Nana

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Nothing short of fabulous! I have really been attracted to all of the roosters I have seen this year and your table is perfect! I love the plates and the chargers and the rooster centerpiece, with his proud chest all puffed out, is wonderful! I agree w/ Nana, the view out your window is so pretty!

Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

To quote Punk...'Cock-a-doodle-dooo' !!
    There was a time when everything I owned had a Rooster motif, and I drove everyone crazy. Then I moved on to cows..teddy bears..etc, but cows still remain my favorite!
    Now after seeing your wonderful table...makes me pine for Roosters again!!
    Your dishes and linens are just lovely and perfect together... and of course, your fabulous Rooster figurines!
    I'm always amazed over how you manage to find so many great things at TS that coordinate with ea other.
    I enjoyed looking.
    jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Roosters are one of my favorites and yours are gorgeous! What an awesome table Punk!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Where's the hens???? & eggs????
    If these roosters are crowing, there must be hens about!
    Ok, I'm just babbling...

Love the plates ... the colors & the centerpc roosters! And those placemats are gorgeous! A fun table, candy! Of course, the heirloom red glassware is gorgeous! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ok, I'm going to take the easy way and say DITTO since all the others covered my thoughts so well. I love roosters, so your table definitely is a hit with me.
    All the vibrant colors really make it a 'gust of Fall'
    there. I think the placemats are lovely. Big Rooster is gorgeous!

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk,
    Thank you. I really like the red and yellow of the placemats. The chicken napkin rings were an ugly beige color and I painted them white with the red accents.

Nana, thanks for the sweet comments. Also, thanks for noticing the backyard. Dylan is growing like a little weed, LOL Thanks for asking.

Kath, I have liked roosters since I was small. Maybe because my grandparents lived on a farm and I loved to visit. I have several around the kitchen and sunroom.

Jane, my philosophy is "if you buy enough things, eventually something will go together." LOL

Marlene, I have several roosters as I've already said. Thanks even though I'm not Punk.

Jeanne, Thank you. If you look close enough, the napkin rings are hens. So you weren't babbling, just subconsciously probably noticed the napkin rings and didn't consciously register that they were hens. The red glasses are prettier than they photograph.

Karen, Thank you, I've always liked red and yellow together.

Thanks again everybody.
    Candy

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Candy:
    Your tablescapes are always something to really look forward to. This is wonderful and pulled together to perfection. You're right, definatly something to crow about.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Lovely! I am not a rooster person, but I don't mind them in some one else's house! Great job pairing the colors. The place mats are super!

I saw a gorgeous white Butler's Pantry rooster covered jar in the Lenox outlet. I was tempted, it was on sale plus 25 off if you gave a dollar to breast cancer research. I wish I had someone in my family who is into roosters, it would have been their Cmas gift!

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

so cute - everything goes together so well. I am constantly amazed at what you gals find at TS, ect - we are so lacking in this area of really good places to find stuff like that so I will just enjoy all y'alls ...TFS .....

Lynne

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource
More Discussions