Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Entry Decor

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 23:40

This is an arrangement I created in a faux pumpkin several years ago. It is on the table in my foyer. The cattails are real, but the rest is silk, except the little scarecrow figure.
Oops, didn't notice the floor decor until I looked at the picture. Had a couple of uninvited guests a couple of months ago. I think I can remove that now, no more visits lately. : )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The candles change based on the season. There is a small Jack O'Lantern with 2 bunnies peeking out by the base of the candlesticks. The brass tubes in the background are part of my doorbell.

Close up of the arrangement.

Happy Fall Y'All,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Entry Decor

Candy, your entry looks lovely. You have been very, very busy this year decorating. It's a good thing I started early or I probably wouldn't have put anything out. Glad to hear you got rid of those uninvited guests.

I've enjoyed seeing all the pretty decorations so thanks so much for the entertainment. I know it takes alot of work to do this much but I for one sure enjoy seeing all of it.

Punk

o

Candy, that pumpkin floral arrangement you did is stunning!
Your accomplishments and creativty are endless it seems!

Ok...give...WHERE did you find the little jack 'o lantern with BUNNIES?

hugs, Karen

o

Punk, when visitors see my holiday decorations, besides the compliments, the first response is usually about the amount of work. I don't consider it work, I tell them these are my toys and I am just playing.

Sheesh Karen, what, are you new here?? LOL
Of course they came from the thrift store, ARC this time.

Thanks, I do enjoy making, creating, decorating, and designing things.

TTFN,
Candy

o

LOL, Candy, too funny.. and you're right, someone would have to be new here to think you bought something at full price from a store. Pardon my senior blonde moment, I have a lot of those lately. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

LOL at your critter trap in the pic! Your glass topped entry table is stunning in itself ...& then you had to go & glamour it up, candy! LOL1 Very beautiful...I love everything on it...the arrangement is lovely & always like "cattails"...especially RL ones! Like how you used the candleholders to change with the season & love that tall shaded lamp. TFS! Always fun to see your creations! Jeanne S.

o

Candy, Your entry is gourgous. I esp love the pumpkin flower arangement. the colors are so striking together. Everything is beautiful and so inviting. Makes me wish I had more fall decorations. I think I have Christmas covered pretty well, so I guess Thanksgiving, Halloween will be what I focus on mostly for next year. Just look what you gals have gotten me into... Janet

o

Janet1...we trap critters here too. LOL. The two-legged kind. I have a feeling the after-season sales are going to have your name all over them this year! I can relate, I sure was on roll last year soon as stuff went on sale! You'd be surprised at how many neat things I find at Goodwill tho, all thru the year for most of the holidays!

hugs, Karen

o

Candy you did a stunning job on your entry hall table.
Your floral arrangment is just lovely. I agree, you are very talented, and have been EXTREMELY busy churning out all those decos and do it all so well too.
I agree w/you about not looking at decorating as 'work'.
I think for those of us here who do al this, it's a 'Creative Expression' and enjoyment. People have it or they don't, and that's why they look at it as work rather than enjoyment.

Karen...you are too funny with where and when you shop for the holidays...Let's just say you 'Non Stop - Shop' !!
AND, you find the most amazing buys...lol

jane

o

Candy, you really do some nice floral arrangements. I've always liked seeing them in pumpkins,--just realized that I don't have any--guess I should do something about that.

We probably wouldn't have noticed your "critter catcher" if you hadn't mentioned it! LOL We all have to deal with pests from time to time, don't we?

So do you wade out and collect your cat tails yourself, or does someone sell them locally? I recently read that spraying them with sealer or even hairspray helps to keep them from "popping" so quickly. I think they look wonderful in arrangements.

So fun to see all your decor, thanks for sharing with us.

Luvs

o

Luvs, there is an open space area that I can easily walk to in my neighborhood. I do have to trudge through a bunch of weeds, but the cattails grow along the bank of a tiny stream, and I don't have to get my feet wet at all, just pick stickers out of my socks. LOL
I did not do anything to keep them from opening, I think maybe because I select the more slender ones that aren't so big and bushy.

Thanks everybody,
Candy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here