Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woodfield Tea & Toast Set on the Porch Wall Shelf

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 23:38

The day flew by as I decorated more on the porch ... I love these Stubenville Woodfield pottery tea & toast leaf plates that I started collecting...this is the 'salmon' color ... gorgeous, aren't they! & our good friend, Jane, here on the forum helped my collection along by sending me a place setting some time ago!

Wall Shelf Fall D10.12

Photobucket

Here's a full view of the hanging wall shelf on the porch:

Photobucket

And here's the top of the Hoosier cabinet ... these apple gourds I grew a few yrs back & painted ... & the basket is a thrift shop one filled w/miniature Indian corn (farmers' market purchase last yr). TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woodfield Tea & Toast Set on the Porch Wall Shelf

Jeanne, I always enjoy seeing your Woodfield dishes. So glad you had time to get your shelf decorated to share. Love how you added the jar, bird, vase and a few leaves for a little pop. I also noticed the candle light on. Gives a warm glow to this setting. You have such a nice touch when it comes to decorating.

Oh yea, those apple gourds you painted and saved. Love them! Why can't I remember to save mine instead of throwing them out every year. Now your saving corn too. Your just so smart. Your basket w/corn and gourds on top of the hoosier looks nice sitting beside the gourds.

Punk

o

Jeanne, I enjoy seeing your Woodfield dishes too.
They ARE wonderful, and they look perfect on your a hanging shelf.
The gourds are neat. I don't think I've seen apple gourds before.
Your porch looks like such a warm inviting place to visit.
TFS
Nana

o

Jeanne..Love - Love the Woodfield Dish display on your
porch shelf!
The color is so soft looking against the white and the
accent pieces you added are just perfect.
The bird votive (one of my favorites of yours) adds such a nice
glow and I love how the painted apple gourds are
nestled on top next to your basket of mini corn..
What a lovely setting.
I really look forward to seeing your displays
on 'MY' favorite pieces you have !! lol
Thanks Jeanne.
jane

o

Thanks punk, nana & jane ... ohh, I do like those Woodfield plates & cups, too! I have 4 colors ... but just a few of the other 3 colors ...Golden Fawn is on the shelf here above the sliding glass doors ...not a real good pic but you get the idea:

Made by the Steubenville Pottery Company
Leaf Shape
Produced in the 1940s
Made in soild colors
Tropic Green
Golden Fawn
Salmon Pink
Dove Gray
Rust Brown

I've never seen the 'Rust Brown' color...but I know I would love it!!! Jeanne S.

o

Whoops! Forgot to add the pic:

ShelfSlidingDoorsFallA10.12

o

Jeanne, I love all your colors of the Woodfield dishes. I've seen the brown ones on ebay but never at the price I want to pay.LOL I keep hoping to come across some of these while out shopping. Then again on second thought I better just enjoy yours because I have way to many.

However, just seen CL has an old scrolled secreatary for $300 that is beautiful. Good thing I'm working this week or I'd be checking that baby out!!! I really could become a hoarder!YIKES At least all of my stuff would be clean and organized.LOL

Punk

o

Your pretty dishes look great displayed on your cabinet. Nice way to be able to enjoy them too. Love the basket of corn and the gourds, you are so good at using items from nature in your decor. Luvs

o

Very different. I hadn't seen those dishes before so thank you for introducing me to Woodfield.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here