Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Woodfield Tea & Toast Set on the Porch Wall Shelf

jeannespines
11 years ago

The day flew by as I decorated more on the porch ... I love these Stubenville Woodfield pottery tea & toast leaf plates that I started collecting...this is the 'salmon' color ... gorgeous, aren't they! & our good friend, Jane, here on the forum helped my collection along by sending me a place setting some time ago!

Here's a full view of the hanging wall shelf on the porch:

And here's the top of the Hoosier cabinet ... these apple gourds I grew a few yrs back & painted ... & the basket is a thrift shop one filled w/miniature Indian corn (farmers' market purchase last yr). TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I always enjoy seeing your Woodfield dishes. So glad you had time to get your shelf decorated to share. Love how you added the jar, bird, vase and a few leaves for a little pop. I also noticed the candle light on. Gives a warm glow to this setting. You have such a nice touch when it comes to decorating.

Oh yea, those apple gourds you painted and saved. Love them! Why can't I remember to save mine instead of throwing them out every year. Now your saving corn too. Your just so smart. Your basket w/corn and gourds on top of the hoosier looks nice sitting beside the gourds.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I enjoy seeing your Woodfield dishes too.
    They ARE wonderful, and they look perfect on your a hanging shelf.
    The gourds are neat. I don't think I've seen apple gourds before.
    Your porch looks like such a warm inviting place to visit.
    TFS
    Nana

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Jeanne..Love - Love the Woodfield Dish display on your
    porch shelf!
    The color is so soft looking against the white and the
    accent pieces you added are just perfect.
    The bird votive (one of my favorites of yours) adds such a nice
    glow and I love how the painted apple gourds are
    nestled on top next to your basket of mini corn..
    What a lovely setting.
    I really look forward to seeing your displays
    on 'MY' favorite pieces you have !! lol
    Thanks Jeanne.
    jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks punk, nana & jane ... ohh, I do like those Woodfield plates & cups, too! I have 4 colors ... but just a few of the other 3 colors ...Golden Fawn is on the shelf here above the sliding glass doors ...not a real good pic but you get the idea:

Made by the Steubenville Pottery Company
    Leaf Shape
    Produced in the 1940s
    Made in soild colors
    Tropic Green
    Golden Fawn
    Salmon Pink
    Dove Gray
    Rust Brown

I've never seen the 'Rust Brown' color...but I know I would love it!!! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Whoops! Forgot to add the pic:

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I love all your colors of the Woodfield dishes. I've seen the brown ones on ebay but never at the price I want to pay.LOL I keep hoping to come across some of these while out shopping. Then again on second thought I better just enjoy yours because I have way to many.

However, just seen CL has an old scrolled secreatary for $300 that is beautiful. Good thing I'm working this week or I'd be checking that baby out!!! I really could become a hoarder!YIKES At least all of my stuff would be clean and organized.LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Your pretty dishes look great displayed on your cabinet. Nice way to be able to enjoy them too. Love the basket of corn and the gourds, you are so good at using items from nature in your decor. Luvs

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Very different. I hadn't seen those dishes before so thank you for introducing me to Woodfield.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions