Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Santa Chair

christmascandy
9 years ago

I shared that I was recovering the chair for Santa at the Colorado Country Christmas show.

I forgot to take a total b-4 picture, but here it is mostly b-4:

Stripped down:

In progress:

Done:

I am so blessed to have found this new job, because it is everything I love to do!!

TTFN,
Candy

Comments (15)

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Fantastic Job Candy!!
    Santa will be thrilled to sit in his chair!
    I have upholstered pieces but nothing as complicated as this, and not nearly as well.
    I'm so glad you you are happy with your new job. Congratulations, again.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Oh my! Wow! You are very talented, Candy! Looks awesome....love that bright red for Santa! ;-) ~~Jeanne

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

WOW, Candy,

You sure have a talent for your New Job!! That chair is to die for!!

Santa will be so comfortable he will not want to leave to delivery his gifts for Christmas!!

You did a Fabulous Job!! Thanks For Sharing! So Proud for you and your new job!!

Love To You!

Creek

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

Great Job!! That is hard work, but you did a wonderful job!

• luvstocraft
    9 years ago

You are so talented Candy, is there anything you can't do??? lol Love the chair, it looks terrific. Luvs

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Candy..that is Awesome! I agree, you are so talented.
    What a great and 'comfortable' looking Santa Chair !
    jane

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

There is just no limit to your talents! This turned out wonderful. And I am thrilled at your new job.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody!!
    I have upholstered chairs, sofas, loveseats, benches, etc. but always for myself. This is the first time I have done it for a job.

I am very blessed to have this new job.

Did I mention that I actually got to meet Karen and get an actual (HUG) not just a cyber space one!!!

She is as beautiful in person as she is online and her home was wonderful. It was so nice to put it all in perspective and know how all the pieces from her photos fit together.

TTFN,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Thank you, Candy. It was so GREAT to finally meet you (and your DH) in person after all these years. And get some REAL hugs! Perfect that you were passing thru Phoenix and close enough to stop by for a bit. You sure made my day.....I felt better after you left than I had in a long time. You are "good medicine", need you to come back. We'd have a blast shopping at that big antique mall near me!
    I take terrible photos most of the time, but I'm so thrilled to have this one of us (thanks to your DH).
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

wonderful photo, so glad you two were able to get together!!

Nana

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Love this picture of the two of you!
    I'm so jealous that you both got to actually have an 'in person' visit !!
    TFS
    jane

• sorie6 zone 6b
    9 years ago

Wow that is a very nice job!!
    It's fun meeting folks on boards isn't it?
    Nice pic of you ladies.

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Oh my, so much to enjoy here! Love your Santa
    chair! So sweet of you to do this, Candy. And love
    the picture of you and Karen! So happy you stopped
    to see her. Life is short and we need to take time
    for fun!

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

Santa won't want to take a break, but he might nap in that beautiful chair! Great job doing what you enjoy! Nice pic of the 2 of you & Karen's lovely fall decorations. My phone went dead a month ago & then computer wouldn't come on when it was fixed until guy came back yesterday. So I'm slow seeing all this. Sorry! So glad you got to meet in person!. Jan

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Congratulation Karen and Candy!!

So glad you too were able to get to meet in person.. What a treat!!

Karen I hope the dose of Candy Medicines last a long time!! Maybe even a cure.. That would be great!

Beautiful Ladies and Beautiful Picture!!

Thanks for letting us in on the fun!!

Creek