Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished up on FALL Decor ... good for 4 more weeks!

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 23:11

Thank goodness...we still have 4 more weeks til Thanksgiving & then it's time to start Christmas/Winter decor...don't ya just LOVE Fall!

Here's the rest of the porch ... I am done & enjoy looking out there this evening @the lights! The table decor this time is a dark green folk art birdhouse made by my hubby along w/3 stained glass leaves ... a big pinecone & a faux pumpkin.

I'll add some more pics in the comments! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 23:32

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished up on FALL Decor ... good for 4 more weeks!

Behind this table is a small cabinet ... I added a beautiful basket filled w/mini Indian corn ... you can only see the stalks sticking out! Above it is a very, very old 'cornstalk' wreath that was handmade by a friend ... I won it @ a silent auction long ago!

Porch Corn Items 10.13 photo FallPorchC1013RS_zpsf4437147.jpg

Don't mind the buckets outside the window...my hubby is trying to trap 'moles' who are very busy this time of the yr!

While I worked today, I stayed warm w/the sunshine coming in & also our lil' electric stove:

Porch Fireplace 10.13 photo FallPorchB1013RS_zps2cf22914.jpg

Love dishes! Ohhh...who doesn't love dishes here on the Holiday Forum! Anyway, I once again used the Steubenville toast n tea pottery in the 'salmon' color. I bought a place setting @ a consignment store a few yrs back while on vac & it turned into a collection (jane even sent me a place setting!)
Porch Wall Shelf B10.13 photo PorchDecorWallShelfA1013RS_zps1a3fb80e.jpg

The crow is there w/a faux tea light & some faux leaves:

Porch Wall Shelf A 10.13 photo FallPorchWallShelfC1013RS_zps8d4f9de5.jpg

I'll be adding some dried Hydrangeas to the top of this wall shelf. Here's the bottom shelf ... I think I'll add some string candles to the pegs (you can see them in the 1st pic)

Porch Wall Shelf C10.13 photo PorchDecorWallShelfB1013RS_zps2133a0e3.jpg

The wood trunk coffee table (filled w/toys) got a centerpc today:

Porch Trunk Decor 10.13 photo FallPorchA1013RS_zpse7237dfb.jpg

Ohhh...how I still love these 'blocks' from our friend, 'luvs,' here on the Holiday Forum. Happy Fall, you all! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Porch Lights 10.13 photo PorchDecorB1013RS_zps28b27885.jpg

This post was edited by jeannespines on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 23:38

o

You are so dolled up for fall now! Everything is lookin' good. So nice to see your Steubenville dishes and Luvs Halloween blocks. Wreah, corn, bowl and stove top pumpkins are nice touches to your fall decor. Very wam and cozy look at your home tonight.

Some places here got a foot of snow last night but so far we're still living in the banana belt and feel Lucky. Seems to early to be seeing 6 degrees in some places. I have some bulbs to plant so will try to get them planted tomorrow after work.

TFS, now you can sit and enjoy. Punk

o

Oh... That basket with the corn just stole my heart. I didn't even see the bucket outside the window, until you mentioned it, LOL.
Everything else is delightful too.

o

Everything is beautiful Jeanne...so warm and inviting looking. I'd say you deserve a rest and some time to sit back and enjoy some tea or hot chocolate and just look over and enjoy your treasures.

o

Jeanne I Agree wtth every one.... You did such a beautiful
job decorating your porch room. Every thing is
done to perfection! Looks beautiful during the
day and so warm and cozy looking, lit
up at night. Glad youre done - now I hope
you can sit back and enjoy it all.
jane

o

Jeanne, you have such a knack for making everything look so warm and cozy. I am especially honored that the little blocks I made for you get to share the table with your fantastic vine tree! What a great space to sit and watch the birds in your garden, all warm and cozy by your cute little stove. Enjoy the season my friend. Sending you a warm hug. Luvs

o

Thank you, Holiday-ers ... the days are flying by & soon the ol' white stuff will be here & we'll be putting 'Fall' aside & get ready for Winter! Don't you just love the changing of the seasons!

I am sitting back now & enjoying the Fall decor ... I can just remove some of the 'Halloween' & be ready for Thanksgiving! Love lights! Fun times! Jeanne S.

o

The grasses I added to the cream can are now getting 'fluffy' ... love growing this grass! It's beautiful outside all Winter long, too ... just swaying in the Fall weather windy days right now! ~~Jeanne

o

Lovely. Really, Jeanne, just lovely.
Tell me about the bottom shelf thingie with the "s" on it.
Is it a large rock? I painted a "c" on a large rock and put it in our garden.

I sure like the fluffy grass with the little white lights. A person just can't have too many little white lights.

o

Jeanne I thought I commented on this .It really looks lovely. The peach dishes are perfect.
I have problems with moles too. May I ask what your DH does to trap them?
Nana

o

nana...my hubby bought those spring-action mole traps ... once in a while he gets lucky! ;-)

Thanks, OA ... this was gift on my camping trip this summer where we met 5 other couples who like the Flea Market Gardening on Facebk. This gal, Sue G, mosaics on rocks (one of her very many talents!) & she gifted each of us one of these. Very cool, uh. Ok, I'm going to add the link here to the web page that tells about it, I think. Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue's Mosaic Rocks

o

So pretty! Your home decor is perfect.

o

Jeanne, I've always said how cozy and inviting your home is. That porch is one of my very favorite places to see. Its such a wonderful spot to read or daydream!!
Another favorite of course is your vine tree. Love it.

Those little white pumpkins on the electric stove are really cute!!

You're so lucky to be able to bring natural things in like the lovely "fluffy" grass. I don't get to see changing seasons except thru you and other cyber friends. Phoenix stays green. Still in mid to high 80s for that matter. I'd love to experience a REAL Fall. sigh. But thank you for sharing yours with me.

Hope you feel ok this weekend and the latest chemo isn't hitting you so hard as the early ones.
hugs and prayers,
Karen

o

I always enjoy your posts, but I don't always take the time to tell you, so here's a big "thank you for sharing"!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here