Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Pot pourri of Halloween Decor

christmascandy
13 years ago

Here are some random pics of some of my other Halloween decorations.

These mice silhouettes were from Martha Stewart's halloween ideas and I cut them out of black craft foam so they would last for years.

The Trick or Treat Front Porch Kid was a GoodWill find last year.

The items on the mantle are a witch that was in a package of fall leaves from the TS, the wooden dish was ARC, the Dollar Tree raven is perched on a white .99 TS wooden candlestick with some black and orange checked ribbon, and a fall garland from another TS.

The orange candles are also TS this year. The burgundy ones are up there most of the year.

I painted this Haunted House in ceramics in 1981.

I use a green Christmas Tree bulb to give it an eerie glow.

I also have some Halloween themed books next to the Haunted House.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, I love the little ceramic house you painted, it really looks great with the green light too. That was very clever of you to cut the MS mice out of craft foam instead of paper. I have those patterns but haven't done anything with them yet. Was the foam easy to cut with scissors? I had thought about cutting them out of wood, but I think your idea would be easier. I really like the witch's shoe plate on your mantel, and garland always ties everything together so well. I can't believe you found that great front porch kid at the TS--what a cutie! Your home looks very festive, and I've sure enjoyed seeing all your Halloween decorations this year. TFS. Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Those mice sneaking around your staircase are quite unique! Great idea for preserving them! I also like the witch shoe plate...cute...reminds me of those stockings Lynn found for her mantel. And your ceramic haunted house...great pc & green light is perfect!

Yes, have enjoyed everything for Fall/Halloween so much! TFS all your ideas!
    Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Ohhhh, I want one of those darling little Halloween kids . . . I love yours, Candy! What a great display there by your stairs. Cutting your mice out of foam board was a great idea. Thanks for sharing that one with us. It's definitely a keeper
    Lynn

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Add me to the fan club. LOL. That haunted house you painted is wonderful. 1981 huh? So you were a talented LITTLE girl back then! ;o)
    And the witch shoe plate caught my attention fast.
    But I love everything you've done!

hugs, Karen

• prosperity66
    13 years ago

Wow! I love that pumpkin near the stairs! It's so cute!

Because of some things that happened in our lives this year, I haven't decorated for Halloween :( But promise, next year, I'll do the decorations and will do the best I can to find at least one Halloween house! This one is so terrific!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

This looks wonderful, CC, wonderfully spooky. The green light was a nice touch. Like the wooden witch shoe dish and the stack of books too.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy You did such a great job!! The mice are perfect, I really like all of it, Everyone has said what I wanted to say. Love it all.
    Happy Halloween
    NanaK

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Candy, I love your haunted house and the green light is very spooky!

Your pumpkin kid is adorable and the mice are so cute. Your mantle is so pretty with the fall leaves and candles.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

wonderful potpouri of decorations - I just love the mice on the steps - I don't have any stairs in my house but I am going to try and figure how to use that idea - love the green light in the ceramic house - very clever - TFS ......

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

The Trick or Treat Front Porch Kid stole my heart along with everything else! I want one too. I may have to see if I can find an outfit and make one. This is so much fun to see all your cute decorations.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone.
    Lynne, the mice could go along the baseboard anywhere in the house. You could even cut out a mousehole and put that on the baseboard!

Lynn, it is actually the soft craft foam, not foam board.
    It was really easy to cut.

TTFN,
    Candy

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy,

I love your mantel with the fall leaves and berries. The plate caught my eye but I really like the raven up there on top of the candlestick. How funny!

The haunted house is of course unique. You must have had great fun using it all these years. And the green light is a great idea!

Magpie, jot down ANOTHER idea for next year--build a haunted house.

- Magpie