Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Wine Glasses

Posted by oldalgebra (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 6, 08 at 22:43

Just one more thing and then I promise to quit. I'd thought this might come in handy if you're giving a Halloween get-together.
Some of you might remember my fall arrangement with the carved pumpkin my friend gave me. The husband of this same friend presented me with six spider web wine glasses one Halloween. Obviously, he's talented enough to make a living with his art.
Last year I gave a luncheon for some of my teacher friends and needed more glasses than the six I had. So, I went on a search and found this idea. Just bought cheepie wine glasses and painted a line of red paint around the glasses and let the paint run down at will. Now, how easy is that! If you've never used glass paint, you should know that you have to let it set for several days before using. And you must paint "below lip level" as it isn't good to have it in your mouth.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Wine Glasses

Please don't quit, OA!! You know we love pics! And what a great idea these wine glasses are. I doubt I could make nice webs/spiders like your talented friend but maybe, the blood ones are do-able. Thanks for sharing!

DD

o

Love the painted webs and spiders, your friend did a great job on them. And kudos to you on the clever idea for more Halloween glasses. (Although I might have to think twice about drinking from a glass with "blood" dripping off it!) LOL

Luvs

o

Hey, you can't quit yet! Not until the 1st of November...

I love those glasses!! I normally don't have time for stuff like that, but I might be able to handle the bloody ones. There's a glass painting artist around here who's quite reasonable though, and I'm considering buying some stemware from her one of these days. Dishwasher safe, since she bakes the decorations on in the oven...

Yours are wonderful though, and the blood goes great with the webs! :-)

o

Oh wow. Those are so much fun. I loved them!

o

Love the webs!! Great idea for all those mismatched wine glasses we end up with! I always start off with 13, but the breakage never stops at one...:(

o

What a great idea! I just thought buying some glasses for the Halloween party I will host... will buy some standard glasses and paint them with such themes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here