Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Candy Corn Halloween Tablescape

phonegirl
10 years ago

Do you remember I told you about my shelf in the hutch breaking? Well I redecorated and it looks
pretty bare now. I also reset the table while I was at it. I have these two big candy corn platters I've
shared before. So I layered the plates to resemble a candy corn. Not sure it turned out as well as
I had hoped but you tell me.

Here's a closeup of the hutch. I had picked up these two pumpkin plates for $1.49 each on sale.
Wish they would of had more at this price! I've had the three wooden ghosts for a few years and
really like them. I painted the turquoise stars with pumpkins and hats. Added my orange polka
dot shoes and my fenton shoe from DF.

I picked up the battery bat candles at a ys. Rolled my orange napkins and placed in the glasses
so the sparkles on them would show. The trick or treat and candy corn on the top plates are
Halloween confetti.

This last shot doesn't show the bare top in the hutch so much. I think I'll have DH cut a thin board
and paint it black to replace the glass shelf and all will be good again. TJ now has a yellow pumkin
pot filled w/halloween candy. Rowena is still winking and laughing!

Halloween is almost here and I'm excited to go trick or treating w/DGD and her friend. She is
going to be a cheerleader this year. Thanks for looking. Punk

Comments (7)

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Give me a "S".
    Give me a "W".
    Give ma a "Double E and T".

What does that spell? Sweet! Sweet Candy Corn, that is.

I like your table setting. The rolled napkins in the glasses really work! I'd never thought of doing that, and there have been times when I wished the decorations on the glasses were more prominent. The napkins really do the trick.

Your white pumpkins really caught my eye. Are they ceramic?

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Very subtle layering the plates in the candy corn colors!!

I love them on top of those striking plaid placemats, and the napkins do set off the décor on the glasses.

Rowena would fit right in at my house!!!

Any chance of a close up of the fenton shoe? I can see the orange ones, but can't pick up the Fenton piece.

Your pumpkin stars are the "STAR" of the hutch!!

Sorry about the broken shelf, but sounds like you have a good plan to replace it.

I'd have snapped up those pumpkin plates too! They were a great buy and too bad there weren't more of them.

Another great table/hutch décor!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Ummmm....now where did D Gr'D get the idea of being a cheerleader! ummm...I can guess! LOL!

LOve the 3 ghosts in your cabinet ... & the starzzzz! & the stacked place settings ... very cool colors & very candy cornish ... is that a word? Also am lovin' the big white ceramic pumpkins there & those 2 plates you stole $$!

TJ looks happy w/her new pumpkin & all the 'going-on's' around here world! This is just so much looking at your t'scape, punk! & of course, in the candy shot, I see your candlelight! Had me going for a min...I couldn't find any! ;-) TFS, punk. Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Punk. this is a delightful table.
    Great job stacking the plates to look like candy corn.
    Rolling the napkins and putting them the glasses to show the design was brilliant.
    Your buffet looks fantastic!! The 3 ghosts are really neat.
    Good idea having your DH make a shelf to replace the broken one.
    TJ sure looks excited for Halloween to arrive
    so she can go trick or treating with your DGD
    Rowena looks pleased as punch at all your decorating.
    I'm sure that's why she is laughing and winking so much. She never meant to cackle so loud that your shelf cracked.
    And I know she's really happy she wasn't put back in the shed.
    Believe me, I have learned from experience,
    Witches do NOT like being locked up before Halloween.

TFS your warm and welcoming Halloween Dining Room.

Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

It looks like you are ready for Halloween! Everything looks great! I too like the pumpkins you have displayed in your cabinet, very cool. Also love the plate colors/designs; very nice! :)

-SD

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

You're looking VERY festive there! Love all of your decorations and your plates look great I think! Love your new pumpkin plates in the hutch and your painted stars are just too cute...I'm envious of everyone who can paint so well.

TFS!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OA, Candy, Jeanne, Nana, SD and Marlene, thanks for looking and all the sweet comments. I hope to get lucky while out ys and find some more of those pumpkin plates. I haven't painted much the last few years so glad I kept a few things to decorate with.

Amazing Halloween will be here next week so will be taking down most of this decor soon. It's fun to put things out but sure makes alot to clean up later. Maybe in my next life, I'll have a maid!

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions