Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

couple of TS finds...and Teegan's Halloween

Purplemoon
11 years ago

Haven't been thrifting in ages, and last week I stopped in a new little thrift shop with my BFF and found these two 'treasures'. I love Chickadees, and of course never see any real ones here. So I was delighted with this little set to decorate with. (flash glared a bit on the photos)

Chickadee china set

bunny dish for Easter and Spring decorating

Teegan got to dress up for Halloween, she said "all the other girls got to, so she needed a costume". She's

a little Lion King (Princess?) and has 2 witchy friends, one being her own mini-me Jazz-Trouble! I'm not sure if they'll share her candy corn but she hopes they will.

hugs, Karen

Comments (12)

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

The Chickadee set is a perfect set for a winter vignette, and the bunny dish is very nice, but Teegan is absolutely darling and looks quite pleased with her costume and friends.
    That orange tabby cat is too cute and the witch is friendly looking and not too scary.
    Are those toads on her tray cloth?
    Have you seen the sign "Witch parking only, all others will be toad"?
    So glad you got Teegan a costume. That peer pressure is hard to resist, LOL!
    Did I mention that I liked the orange tabby? It has such a mischievous expression.

TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Karen the chickadee set is precious! And I love the bunny bowl.
    But I have to say that Teegan steals the Show,
    she is the perfect Lion King "Princess".
    She and her witchie friends should have a great time Trick or treating!!
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Ohhh...Teegan is just the cutest 'lioness!' ... now all she needs is a 'bunch of coconuts' on her tray! LOL! Love her new 'pals' dining w/her! Dollbaby will be so jealous!

Your Chickadee set is sweet...such lovely lil' birds ... since you don't have them in AZ, here's a pic I took this month out front ... share w/you, purplemoon:

And, of course, how you could you not come home without a bunny! I'm sure this pc just hopped in your cart! You have such a wonderful collection!!! TFS..>Happy Halloween, friend! Jeanne S.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Very sweet chickadee picture and dishes. Great finds by you both.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Great TS finds, PM!!! It's been quite a while since I've visited the local TS, and this inspires me. :)

wow.... I can't imagine how different your birds must be from what we get around here. Chickadees are very common in these parts.

• rafor
    11 years ago

That chickadee pattern is still at Home Goods/TJs/Marshalls. Interesting how it has already shown up at the thrift store. Great find!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow, Rafor, that is fast for it to show up in a Thrift Shop. Must've been a gift someone REALLY didn't want.

Party, our birds here in Phoenix area are pretty 'dull', tho other parts of AZ get some beautiful ones. But all I see here are grey and brown, and the beautiful irridescent black male grackles. I have tiny Inca doves, mourning doves, white-wing doves, sparrows, and a couple of other plainly colored little birds. Boring. Even the hummers are not colorful here. ;o(

I had to laugh, my grand-daughter sent me a photo of her baby...Bransen is now 5 mon. old. (can't wait to SEE him at Christmas). But for his first Halloween, she dressed him in a Lion costume. LOL. Wish I could have gotten a pix of him WITH Teegan in her's.

{{gwi:1444641}}

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Ohhhhh...adorable pic! Lion King! Would have been so cute w/Teegan's Lioness! LOL! Beautiful GD & Gr'son! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Karen, love your chicadee set. I think they are such sweet looking birds, don't think we have them here either. I keep folding down pages in my painting magazines that have chicadees, but haven't tried to paint any of them yet. That bunny dish was just waiting for you and will look neat in your decor.

Your little Lion would have been darling posed with Teegan in her lioness costume! Both look so cute. How neat that you found Teegan a "trouble" kitty. LOL

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Karen, if these kids aren't enough to melt ones heart! They are both so precious. It would be fun to get a picture of them together all dressed up. DGD is beautiful too. Tis so true, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in more ways than 1. Love mini jaz, da witch and plate of candy corn.So cute...

As for your new finds, WOW! Both are perfect and so you. I love chickadee's. Have you noticed that gray is one of the most popular wall colors right now? Would sure go well in my DR.haha I've had mine painted gray for so long it's time to move on. Now to find the painter!LOL

The new bunny bowl is so neat and will jump right in with your Easter decor. You have so many wonderful rabbits and I love seeing them. I keep thinking I'm going to tie a Christmas ribbon on some of mine and enjoy but never do. If I wasn't ready to run out the door again I'd think about doing just that.haha

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Okay, I have to say that I am totally coveting your chickadee tea set!! That is SOOO cute! Love me some chickadees! I'm sorry you don't have them in AZ...they are a favorite here.

And your bunny dish will be a great addition to your other great Easter decor.

Love Teegan's Halloween costume and all of her extras!

Lucky you!

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Karen, Bransen is just adorable!
    How sweet that he and Teegan wore matching costumes.
    Your DGD is beautiful!!
    Nana

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions