Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

GoodWill Haunting Score!!

christmascandy
12 years ago

I found these Debbie Mumm Haunted House plates at GoodWill today, all 4 plates in the box: $4.99 - 15% = WooHoo!!!

Then I found an oak leaf garland, a Jack O'Lantern basket, 3 witch hat plates that go with some I found last year, a stuffed bat, a fall pick, and a small pumpkin w/floral decor.

3 black bows to go on my outdoor carriage lights:

I also got a 2 tiered stand, but haven't decided how to decorate it yet.

I am so excited about the Mumm plates, I can't begin to describe!! Obviously, a tablescape to follow!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Holy Purple Cow...for a lady who ALWAYS seems to score big on her thrift shopping, this one was even a Biggie for you!!
    I can't believe you found those plates AND at that price.
    You must have done the Happy Dance all the way out the door and across the parking lot.
    Plus you go and find all this other neat stuff! If I could get in my van and drive to CO, I would be there in a heartbeat to go shopping with you. (or do you claw and pull hair when someone grabs something you want? LOL)

Congratulations on a great day. LOVE those plates!!
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ohhhh...Debbie Mummm 'anything' is always so darn CUTE! Love her designs & this is a perfect find for Halloween! Whooo-hooooo!

Looks like you scored on some other goodies today, too...very nice! I spent the day on a shopping trip w/some retired friends & found some bargains too! Now I need to stay home & get busy! I'll have some time soon...the house siding is DONE! Yeah!

Those black bows looks quite handsome on those carriage lights! FUN! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy great Haul!
    Seems like GW has those plates in 'different states' !!
    I got a box last week of four too, but with a fifth plate added to the box. Mine had 4 different patterns! I like what you paid better tho...mine were $6!
    The little witch hats are similar to Kathleen's and mine from CTS.
    You found cute - cute things...and your Jacks outside look adorable with their 'new bows' !
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Candy, checked eBay and a set of those plates is $35 (plus $14 to ship). You definitely did GOOD.
    I am going to keep my eye for ONE of them to decorate with.
    I like the one with the owls on the rim especially, but also the one with the bats.

Jane, maybe I should go back to my GW...no, on second thought not a good idea. LOL. Glad you found some too tho!

hugs, Karen

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Awesome plates Candy! And at a great price. I have 2 more birthdays to go before I get the additional 15% off. Is it bad to wish to be older at our age? LOL! Your GW's up north are so much better than the ones down here. I see there is another 50% off sale this weekend.....fingers crossed I get something to share!

Kath

• dreamgoddess
    12 years ago

Candy, I'm jealous! I've been wanting those exact plates ever since I first saw them on ebay! I can't wait to see your tablesetting using them.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Good Golly Miss Molly!!!!
    You scored BIG TIME with the Debbie Mumm plates.
    Can't wait to see how you use them.
    The little witch hat plates are really cute too.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Love your new DM plates and the hat plates. I bet you were excited with all these neat finds! By now you probably have the ts all planned.LOL

So happy for you and the fun shopping spree. I have 4 days of work down and 2 more to go this week. I'll be spending time off here enjoying all the decorations by Ya All.Woohoo

Jane, that's great you have the same plates. Hope Dream gets Lucky and finds a set of DM's too. I would of jumped on a set too if I would of seen them. Maybe DD will find some for me. I'll have to ask her to go to GW and check it out.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Love DM, so of course I love the plates!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen, I saw those plates on Ebay last year and really wanted some, but they were too much $$. So when I saw them on the shelf at Good Will, I had them in my cart in a nano-second!!! I couldn't believe that they were all 4 in the box and not broken or chipped or anything, You bet I was doing the Happy Dance!! Then when I found the hat plates, I was even happier because I had tried to find more last year, and couldn't. Oh Yeah, happy dance, happy dance!!

Jeanne, glad the siding is done and you found some goodies too!! The carriage lights started out with the pumpkins, then last year I added the hats, and now the bows seem to make them complete.

Jane, the center of the plates are the same, but the borders are 4 different ones. How ironic that we both found the same set, but you got the added bonus of the extra plate!

Karen, that is one of the drawbacks for me to Ebay as the shipping often makes things too expensive. I was very excited over the price too!!

Kath, have fun at the sale. I'll be on the golf course although I pretty well spent my allowance already for this week, LOL

DG, that is where I saw them first and was totally turned off by the price. But, $4.24 is definitely in my range.

Nana, I will be using the witch hat plates on my Witch's party tablescape.

Punk, I always enjoy seeing everyone else's decorations too. Relax and enjoy.

Kathleen, You always have such cute things from CTS, so I was pretty happy to find these!! Not quite as good as your CTS prices, but pretty good, LOL

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions