Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Halloween Tablescape

phonegirl
10 years ago

Our Spooktacular table setting for Halloween. I had a set of skeleton lights and I removed
them from the string. I set them on each place setting and added some around the dining room.

I set my 'BOO' tray I painted a few years ago on the buffet. The hydrangeas are some
I picked at DD's and dried them in a vase of water. Worked great. I will probably try painting
some of these like Kathleen does.

Used my purple witch boots, haunted house and black tree this year for the cp on top
of my shower curtain I use as a tc. Added purple and green pumpkins in the back to help
blend the colors.

TJ is a little stinker this year all decked out in her little .50 skunk outfit.

Hope these skeleton heads at each place aren't to scary! DGD and her friend didn't seem
to mind them at all.

I will share more Halloween decor another night.
Happy haunting everyone! Punk

Comments (13)

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Cute decorations! I like the plates and glitter pumpkins and the witches boots are cool too! Your buffet looks great also; like all the pumpkins! :)

-SD

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all your comments SD. I am hoping to paint some of my pumpkins from the garden before Halloween. Need to remember to wash any carved ones out with bleach water.

Thanks again SD. So glad you are here posting with us. Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

That is a Spookalicious table you've set! And I might be glancing around too much to sit still and eat. LOL. The big witch doesn't look too trustworthy the way she's cackling! Then again, she's awfully cute and I'm sure she knows that. But nobody is cuter than TJ in her Halloween costume, prettiest lil stinker I've seen! :o)
    (poor Teagan is so neglected I'm feeling some massive guilt. Can't remember last time I changed her outfit. sigh)

Well, think I'll have to keep looking at your photos as there's so much see I'm sure I've missed many things. You really went all out. Its great fun!

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen, the craziest thing happened last night. I went out to cleanup the yard at the folks place. When I returned the top half of the top right hand glass shelf had broke and everthing came down and hit the floor making a big mess! I grabbed Rowena's nose and ask if she cackled so hard she did this! I guess you know the look I got. I've never been supertitious but it was the cleanest break and the shelf hooks were still in place. Made me go hum!!!Big sigh

I no longer have my white Bentson West pitcher, a couple of my Johnson Bros. cups and sauces and one of my pumpkin ghosts. I also have some scratches on the buffet.

Now that my ranting is done, I want to thank you for all the comments! Yep, I think it's time to bring Teegan out to play. Tj sits in our DR all the time so that helps me remember that she needs some TLC now and then.haha

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

This certainly is a spooktacular table!!
    there is so much to see I don't know what to mention first.
    Actually, TJ is my favorite. Her sweet little smile warms my heart.
    She looks adorable in her skunk costume, and ready to party.
    I love the shower curtain you used for a TC it is the perfect backround for this fun table! I think the skeleton heads are perfect.
    I have black boots similar to yours but I haven't used them yet
    The ghost plates I see in the China Cabinet are pretty cool too.

Oh my gosh, punk if you think Rowena cackled loud enough to cause your shelf to crack can you imagine what it's like here with 13 plus of those marvelous Hags? Especially this year with all the turmoil within the coven??

Seriously tho, I'm sorry you lost some of your pieces

Can't wait to see what else you have to share.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Amazin' ... I am always so amazed @your creative t'scapes, punk! This one is quite scarie to me ...those skelton heads @each place setting ... yikes! Your DGD & friend are 'brave souls!' & Rowena, I'm always afraid some of her 'cackles' might rub off on me! LOL! She wouldn't tho....no, couldn't tho... no, she wouldn't break your glass shelf!! Altho she does seem to be 'winking!' (sorry for your losses...bummer)

Love those boots as part of your centerpc! & hydrangeas are so cool...glad you used some on the buffet. Well, you just 'rock,' girl ... this is one spooky table & I'm glad that TJ is there ...lookin' so sweet in his 'skunky' outfit!

As always, I love all your pumpkins! TFS, punk! Jeanne

Now, TJ ...

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Punk,

Can't find any information on the purple and the grey plates. They look interesting. Are they variegated in color, or do I just see shadows?

More info, please.
    OA

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Well count me in too, on calling this table
    Spooktacular!
    You certainly got into the Halloween Spirit here Punk..
    Love the color combination and how you used the
    skeltons from the light set on ea place setting and espec love those purple boots ! Great CP and Rowena witch is a scary ole gal.. Makes me wonder about her and your broken shelf..Don't turn your back on her...hehehe Sorry some of your things got broken...but I'd make sure the other shelves are secure.
    TJ is looking all cute as a skunk! lol Always enjoy seeing how you dress her up so she can join the party!
    Look forward to seeing more Punk..
    BTW Hope you had a Happy Birthday...
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, watch out, those who play with witches could be asking for TROUBLE! 13 witches plus the hags is alot to keep under control.haha Will be looking for the Black Boots! Tj is my favorite too.

Jeanne, um didn't mean to scare a grown girl so much. I still have one more scary coming but the rest should be ok for you to view. Maybe I need to rate my posts in advance.LOL

OA, the gray plates are silver charger plates. The purple plates are my set from Pier 1 NUEVO ORGANIC VIOLA. I will try to take a closeup and share for you this weekend.

Jane, don't have to worry about another shelf breaking! That was the only one in there. You know the old saying "You get what you pay for" and I only paid $25 so maybe thats the reason it didn't last.haha I also just gave DD my large mirror I had used above it last weekend.sigh

I did have a nice birthday, thanks. Will have to share my new tureen DD bought me. I think she loves all my dishes or she wouldn't keep spending so much on them. I know Rowena isn't your favorite either but I use to like her! Ya know, 'gotta share the scare!!!'

Thanks for looking and all your comments everyone. I'm hoping to get more pictures taken and posted this weekend to share.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Punk, I'm so sorry 'someone' got way too bratty and broke some of your pretty things. That was just plain mean and I would have ranted and raved over it too.

Now I'm wondering if I should let my witches out....they have been in storage the past TWO Halloweens and I'm not sure if I'll regret it. I could be in real trouble here....

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen, I had to redecorate the hutch but I left Rowena out! I even reset my table to a
    more calm Halloween one. I didn't have any issues in the past and have alot of witches.
    However, I put all of the others back out in the shed today.

OA, here's a close up of the purple Pier 1 plates you ask about. They have some added
    dark marks around the edges and throughout.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

sorry you had to put your witches away Punk. They can be witchy this time of year.

I love the purple plates are they a recent find?
    Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, I just put them away to clear some of the clutter.LOL I don't like having so many totes out. I've had these plates for several years. I donated several of my sets this year but these survived that donation!

Punk

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions