Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Vintage Steubenville Woodfield Plates on Wall Shelf

jeannespines
12 years ago

More porch decor from this past week ... this collection started w/the purchase of one "Vintage Steubenville Woodfield Salmon Pink Tea & Toast Plate & Cup Set" for $5 last yr while vacationing in MN...I've shared it before.I hope to do a t'scape yet this Fall w/these dishes...they were made between 60-70 yrs ago according to Internet research info.

Here it is on my wall shelf on the porch decorated for Fall:

I need to purchase some more little stand-up plate holders as I would like to have a couple standing in the bkgrd on this shelf. HLobby has them for $3.99 ea so I'll save my 40% coupons for awhile.

Here's the next shelf down...I got that cool blackbird candleholder last yr:

And here's the top of the wall shelf w/dried Hydrangeas from my garden & another dried grass I bought at Farmer's Mrkt last yr...the single tapered candle is battery (but not remote...like Jane's):

And the German farmer pic was probably once a scrapbook cover...I found it at an antique store. Here's a full view of the wall shelf:

See, don't ya think it would look better w/some plates standing up on that top shelf! From this pic, I see it needs some tweakin'! ;-)

These little white pumpkins I got for a gift last yr ... & I put them on my Hoosier (game cabinet) on the porch...the 2 white flower candleholders were a TS purchase this summer:

And I layered up this centerpc w/a 'bumpy' candle that I usually use in the glass cage on top of china closet near dining room..candle on a metal leaf candleholder, then poporri & Sango Contrast Brown dinnerplate I got on clearance a yr or two ago.

TFLookin' & Happy Halloween! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, everything looks beautiful. You are so good at arranging your treasures.

Marylee

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

I had a long response and my computer hiccuped and it disappeared!
    This a really pretty display, but I agree it would be more striking if you stood some of the plates.
    The white pumpkins are quite dramatic and the album cover looks right at home with the dried florals.
    My cursor keeps jumping around, (must be possessed!!), and I am getting frustrated, so I will just say Great Job!

TFS,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

very pretty Jeanne - love those pink dishes and yes I think a couple in plate stands would show them off so much better and fill up that second shelf - really like your little pumpkins - I don't generally care for Halloween but those are cute :) .....

Lynne

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I love those dishes Jeanne! And yes, I agree, they would look even better with a couple more plate stands. The make such a lovely display. Love your little white pumpkins too!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, love your Steubenville Woodfield collection. I think more standing up would look good but for now looks great as is. Your blackbird candleholder really stands out and is nice lit up on your wall shelf. I like the look of two glowing candles on here.

I always enjoy your dried Hydrangeas and grasses you add to your displays. I had one hydrangea make it from last year but it didn't bloom this year so I'll keep enjoying yours. I remember Kathleen spray painting hers and they looked neat too.

Interesting piece using the German pic-scrap book cover to hang above here. Do you know what it says? Your wall shelf looks very pretty all decorated.

The white vignette is so pretty and those pumpkins with designs are sooo cute. I got a couple of similar holders this summer in a dk green color. At .25 I figured I'd get some use out of them sooner or later.

The bumpy candle is a neat one on your Sango Contrast Brown dinnerplate and mat. Love the potpourri mix you added around it. I bought a set of four Sango Contrast Charcoal bowls on clearance that match your plate and broke one before getting it home. I keep thinking I might come across another one but so far no luck.

Enjoyed your pictures. Took me awhile in between TOT to finish this but I did it.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I'm another 'fan' of those little white pumpkins! And of course your entire display is really lovely.
    And I agree about standing up some of the plates. I have one plate stand that holds two plates, and one that holds 3, I like them cause they sure add height as well as show off the plates.

hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Very pretty, such muted fall colors are so easy on the eye & really look classy on that shelf.

Loving those little white pumpkins, aren't those just adorable!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers!
    I did go & get some plate stands today at Hobby Lobby...so I'm going to update the Wall Shelf on another thread w/another project I finished today.

I like those white Halloween pumpkins, too...& when my friend gifted them to me for my b'day she said the one nice thing is I can just turn them around to the plain side after Halloween! So that works! LOL!

Thanks for all your gracious comments. Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love those plates! I know I told you I went to college in Steubenville.
    haven't been back since!
    I think the plates will look lovely standing up.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions