Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Little bits of autumn decor

party_music50
13 years ago

haha! I am not much of a decorator -- I might as well show proof. lol! Sorry some of the pics aren't better, but I hope they're at least entertaining. :O)

This is my homemade gravevine wreath. I love it because of all the tendrils. I wanted it super simple this year, so only added a bit of berries:

My dining room table... I made the runner and my niece made the pottery that holds the mums. :)

A basket shelf temporarily holding a cinnamon broom that I change out for different seasons.

And a fun thing I did for the neighbor's kid who is afraid of spiders. lol!

Comments (10)

• party_music50
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And here's just a bit of some of the best autumn decor of all

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

PM...very nice decorations. I like them ALL!
    Your Grapevine wreath came out just lovely. I like them simple too. Were you able to collect the vines from your property? That's where I get all of mine - and so cheap too!! lol
    Your fall runner is beautiful and the pottery vase from your neice looks perfect with it. I like how you display your baskets on that hanging shelf. They look nice like that.
    Cute idea with the 'Spiderweb'! Is that to scare away your neighbor's son or for fun?? lol
    Your other decorations are cute too but I have to agree the best of all, is 'Mother Nature's Display'!

jane

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Ditto what Jane said.
    I love that you made your own wreath, and great job on the runner.

That spider web is too cute!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your decor is wonderful, party! My fav is the shelf with your baskets...so very lovely & Fall looking...great idea changing out the decor on the cinnamon broom!

Your homegrape vine wreath is also lovely...simplicity of it calls to me, too, like Jane. I've tried a few but this one you made has so many tendrils...perfect!

Beautiful pic of the trees! Yes, it is a wonderful time of the yr & that's the best decor ever! Intriguing lights in the black pic, too! LOL! Looks like you're having fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Party, I don't know how you can say you're not much of a decorator. I think you did fine. Even tho I'm a "more is better" person, I still enjoy and appreciate simplicity too.
    Your wreath makes a lovely statement with those tendrils and a sprig of berries. I love it. And your basket arrangement, with the broom's pop of color, is very appealing. The spider web vignette outside is a hoot! Its neat your runner and the mums' vase are homemade.

Of course the best part is getting to see REAL Fall trees, I sure don't get them here in Phoenix. Everything stays green and no actual seasons. Mother Nature's paintings are always masterpieces, but her Fall ones are my favorite!

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm with Karen, although I can never manage to stop at simple and lovely, I really love the look. I'm really getting jealous of everyone's beautiful wood tables too, yours is fabulous. Great Halloween decorations, love the glowing pumpkins. And your trees are so pretty, it's so dry here the leaves are just turning brown and dropping.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with everyone else's comments. I think you did a nice job with your decorating, you have added both pretty and fun into your decor. How neat to be able to have the materials on hand to make your own wreaths. You did a great job on the spiderweb--that big spider would scare me too! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

PM, glad to see you back and love seeing all your decorations. Love your grapevine wreath and table runner you made. Your pottery from DN is perfect on this table.

Nice touch of fall you added to your beautiful baskets. That pumpkin is so cute and your lights look like they are coming out of nowhere. The scarecrow and web with that large spider is great.

Is this your way of keeping that "Lil Scaredy Cat" away?LOL

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Love it all!!A lot of times less is just fine. Nice runner you made & grape vine wreath looks like it is just waiting for bird to show up & pluck off the berries! The last pic is beautiful, noting can match the beauty of turning leaves in the fall! Great pic to frame for real!! Everything's still green here! So I really enjoy pics on GW! Thanks! Jan

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

I love everything. The grapevine wreath is perfect. The table runner is just right with your niece's vase and the mums. The broom hanging from the basket shelf is great. The spider web is priceless. Your neighbor kid will always remember that spider web!!! Nothing and compete with natures finery.
    NanaKaren

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions