Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my Fall decor

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I procrastinated for TWO wks, with the Fall bins sitting out in plain sight! Then after finally decorating, I realized I should have just gone ahead and done Halloween instead of Fall, as I don't want to redo it all again so soon.. I've been trying to figure out how to add in Halloween without moving things. Haven't decided if that will work, too many Halloween things and not enough places for them now. Hope I get it figured out soon.

I am my own worst enemy it seems.

But I am really enjoying seeing the Fall colors in my family-room and kitchen area, plus the entry way and my bathroom. Makes me wonder why I procrastinated so much! I'll post a link to my 2011 Holiday photobucket album as there around 20 photos.

I am VERY unhappy about my missing Fall items, and its making me nuts not knowing where the box is with the 'good stuff'...i.e. breakable...in it.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my Fall decor photos

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, what beautiful decor you've created! You have so many wonderful settings. Beautiful stands and such a variety. I love all of it.

So happy to see your bakers rack and back porch all decorated too. Your scarecrows have STYLE. Made me smile seeing the cute faces and legs crossed.

So your missing some fall items? I would of never guessed with the tour I just seen! Hope you find what you've misplaced soon.

If you didn't do such amazing decorating you could add Halloween here and there like I did.LOL Wish I had more time to play but work just gets in the way. Hope your legs are ok after all this! I sure enjoyed seeing all of it.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Karen: You are a decor superhero!. There isn't any obvious place left untouched and it's all fabulous.
    For as much work as you've accomplished, I say tuck a witch in here and there for halloween and call it done. :)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love that dining table w/stacked plates & your chandie, both decorated so beautifully! I bet that bay window will look great adding some Halloween stuff! (I love what you have there already!)

The teacart vignette is wonderful...oohhh, love the painted frames! I wish I were good at arranging flowers like you did in that cool iron wall basket! Love it!

WOW...mantle pic! Drooling over that very unique candleholder on the left ...everything here is GORGEOUS!

Oh, I spotted an 'owl' on your kitchen counter! A hoot!

LOL @ the idea of Bop decor...but I like your glass shelf!

OMgosh, you got the Baker's Rack done! Looks great & your mini-fairy gardens will be cute there! And those scarecrows on your garden bench! CUTE as can be!!!

WOW, Karen, everything is FALL & looks wonderful!!! I'd just tuck Halloween here & there, too! Jeanne S.
    Oh, I got my 3 black wine glasses down from top cupboard & added yellow votives (like that pic you shared awhile back)...they look cool by a framed Fall pic of some of my GK's...I'll share later when I have more Fall decor done) ;-)

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My gosh, you guys are all WAY too kind. I wasn't that happy with my decorating. Just felt my heart wasn't in it this time. And my counter looks bare without my decorative plates on back of it.

I have been thinking about putting my witches in the bay window, and doing some Halloween on my tea cart. I'll just have to get it out, see what all I want to use, and try to make things work. This is what I get for shopping during the year and buying MORE. LOL. Obviously I need less, and really need better organization!

Jeanne's here's a better shot of the metal candle tree I got at Home Goods just before Easter.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Glad to see you are feeling up to decorating !! I really enjoyed looking at all you've done.
    I'll go back and look at it later when I have more time to browse.
    I hope you find the missing box with the 'good' stuff.
    don't you hate putting things in a safe place and then not remembering where it is?
    Karen, You are such an inspiration to all of us here.
    TFS
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen...I looked at your decorations on photobucket last night. I was so amazed over how much you did and it all looks wonderful Seems each year you collect more and more 'special things'..that I enjoy seeing. I do hope you find your other bin.
    I also envy ALL the areas you have to display everything, and it never looks crowded.
    From the moment you enter your home, your display on that 'georgous antique console'..is beautiful! Every little nook and cranny has a lovely Fall display. Your mantel with the pheasants looks just lovely and that bird candleholder is so unique...great find! (we're getting a Home Goods) in town.. yippee!!
    I see you did your Bakers Rack for Fall...I can't believe you dismantled your Fairy Garden and got this in place and decorated so quickly! You put me to shame..I still have bins around and not moving as quickly as I should.. I think I just get overwhelmed now a days too eaisly..but your decorations have truly inspired me.
    jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well lady, you've done it again...everything looks great! Love the chandelier and your table arrangement. Your metal wall basket over your tea cart turned out great too! I'm always amazed at how many different decorations you have and so many places to decorate! Your front porch looks great too and your fairy garden. Now...maybe I should get off my duff and put some things out inside too....I managed to get the outside done last weekend, but haven't put a thing out in the house yet....Thanks for the inspiration!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You guys are causing some tears...happy tears...saying I'm an inspiration. Wow. I was looking behind me to see WHO you were talking to. LOL.
    I honestly don't feel very inspiring. Jane, I seem to stay feeling 'overwhelmed' so sure understand what you are going thru. This darn Fibro makes it a challenge to just get out of bed in the morning, and then you START each day with that feeling of total exhaustion and all you did was get up! The gals here who also have Fibro know exactly what I'm talking about. In my case, if I think about doing something then the feeling overwhelmed hits before I even start. I have to remember the old Nike slogan of JUST DO IT. (no thinking is best for me).

As for my fairy garden, Jane, it did take me weeks. Had to talk myself into moving all the flagstone to the other end of the porch. Tho good excuse to wash and clean stuff really good. I'm still not done setting up the new F.G.
    and only got the one mini done so far. Then I procrastinated quite some time about spray painting the Baker's Rack as it needed a new coat. Finally late one night I put it in the yard and did it, then next day got it
    decorated for Fall. But trust me, I was definitely NOT quick about any of this. LOL.

Oh, late this afternoon I FOUND the missing Fall bin!!!
    I'll tell you about that little episode in the other post
    "did you ever have one of those days". Am waiting for camera battery to charge to show you a photo. LOL.
    But I'm thinking maybe it would have better if I had NOT found it!

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen, with your Fibro abd not much sleep....
    I'm still very impressed with ALL you've accomplished...That was heavy lugging AND YES...(easy for me to say) you whipped up that Bakers Rack & All so quickly.. (which came out so good)..also in a perfect spot.
    My shelf display on the porch.. is still set up like Summer.. I haven't moved my tail
    too much since.
    Honestly, after seeing your before and after pictures (that was a huge job clearing out your FG)..it kind of charged my 'spark plug'!
    I needed that to get myself going and when DH came in from his Workshop (other home) late last night he was surprised to see me up and puttering around setting up for Fall!
    So you see, you are an inspiration.. !!
    jane

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions