Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

More Halloween from Luvs #3

luvstocraft
13 years ago

This bat sign and some small bats hang above the wide doorway from the kitchen to the family room--thought it was appropriate for the kitchen. LOL

These three signs are in the front yard in front of the patio planters.

This jack o lantern sits on the fire pit table, and another one with a black kitty sits on the patio table.

These signs were purchased, one at TPT and the other at Michael's on sale.

The next three pics are the top of a bookcase in my entry way.

Haven't put together a tablescape yet, just have a witch's hat on a pedestal stand on it right now, and the kitchen table just has a vase with clippings and flowers from my yard. I put a little DT witch's menu sign, a little wooden witch I painted and some little wooden ghosts on the kitchen counter but forgot to snap pics of them. I think I also only shared the scary little jack o lantern covered in cobwebs from my front window. Another time maybe. Hope this hasn't been pic overload for anyone.

Luvs

Comments (11)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

That spider! What a kick! Do you have time to take a side shot of him? He's darling. Does he have wire coat hanger legs? More, more. Tell us more.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, You have so many cute signs for Halloween this year! Your place is so cheerful and I'm sure your enjoying all your decorations. Will be waiting to hear more on Mr Spider too. He's a cutie.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Luvs...I've enjoyed seeing Everything...not at all
    'overloaded'. If you have more, please post them.
    Such cute displays and so much 'you' in all your wonderful creations.
    I really enjoy that part of your posts too.
    That first sign between your Kitchen and FR is Hilarious!
    You do have it in the 'right spot'!
    Your outdoor signs must bring lots of smiles to all who see them. One cuter than the next.
    Love the one you bought with the Witch Boots too.
    I see you have 'my twin' sparkly cat. I like how he's displayed with the 'Boo' sign. It's the perfect touch for him.
    Again, I enjoyed seeing all your decorations and creations, and thanks for the smiles they all brought to me.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Lady, you are on a roll here. I bet your little DGD is loving all the Halloween stuff too!
    That kitchen bat sign made me laugh out loud. And you know I really luv the black kitty one in the second photo.
    The crazy big spider is too funny.
    (only thing I'll pass on is the Jack 'o Lanterns, LOL. I just can't get into those scary guys.)

Every time I see one of those black sparkly cats on here,
    I regret not getting one. I was really dumb to get the purple one. He's still in the garage and not displayed.
    :o(

hugs, Karen

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Luvs, What a wonderful variety of things to look at! It's like shopping online! So hard to pick a favorite, but I sure like the witch shoes/boots. Very cute. I think you displays are just great. Looking forward to more pics. You are just an Art Machine!

pat

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Gosh, Luvs, You sure have been busy! Everything is so cute and colorful. It is hard to pick a favorite, but the witch boots are really fun.
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

More great stuff, I love seeing all of it. I thing the witches boots are a hoot, but my favorite is the cat in the pumpkin. He looks so sweet and vintage.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your tole painting projects are just out-of-this-world, luvs! You do such a great job! And what FUN stuff for celebrating the Halloween season!

I love the "Boo" blocks you created with the big HAPPY spider! Like OA, I would like to see more & instructions on the spider if you can share. Looks like you are using scrappin' paper on the blocks? I can just see that vignette sitting in the Youth Dept at our library! FUN! FUN! TFS everything...never "overload" for me, either! Glad the camera is bk in working order! Have fun with your GD with all your CUTE decor! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wish I could take credit for that spider--bought at a craft show many many years ago and one of my most favorite things. Sometimes I just see things that I can not resist especially if I know I will not be able to remember how to make one! I will take pics of him at all angles and post them in a bit. OA, the wire is thinner than a coat hanger, if you press on him, he "bounces" so the wire is flexible. Made of light weight wood too. Pics coming soon! ;o)

Jeanne, the blocks are just old 2x4's cut to various lengths on the "chop" saw. Give them a coat of paint and cut a piece of scrapbooking paper and Mod Podge to the front. If you didn't cut your paper just right, use a nail file or sandpaper and just gently sand the edges. You can hand cut letters out of cardstock or buy some at the craft store. And don't forget that you can make them reversible too--like "boo" on one side and "eek" on the other. Bet your DH even has some 2x4's laying around already!

Ladypat, I didn't make all these things THIS year! Many of the painted signs were from last year or prior. All the blocks were made this year however.

Karen and Frou, I made three of the punkins with the black kitty--neighbor has one and so does little GD--and this time I kept one for me. The pattern came from a book for making cookie jar lids!

Thanks to all of you for your nice comments, you sure know how to make someone feel good and I love you for it!

Luvs

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Luvs:
    Absolutly CUTE!
    Your painting creativity never ceases to amaze.
    I particularly love the black kitty/pumpkin one.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I'm still trying to catch up on all of the great Halloween posts here, Luvs, and almost missed this one! Wow, you have ~ and create!~ such wonderful decs. I LOVE the black kitty in the jack-o-lantern and all your signs, too. Love that "smell my feet" sign and your sweet green haired monster. Is your black cat new this year? I don't remember him from last year, but really like him a lot!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions