Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

Granddaughter's Apple Table

yachter123
13 years ago

Today we took this down, tomorrow I will post pics of her Halloween Table.

The plates, bowls, glasses & placemats were all on clearance at Walmart for .25 each. The large acrylic platter in center was also on clearance there for .50.

The napkins also on clearance 2 for .50. The apples & candle etc. she borrowed from my stash.

The apple tree was new at a garage sale for $2.00, I also purchased a pear tree at the sale, they are the exact ones as my lemon tree that I paid $8 for a Home Goods this summer!

I see the one napkin was out of place, the setting got a bit messed up with the kids doing homework on the table, missed that one napkin in the first pics.

Comments (9)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Wow, great buys and it sure would look good in my kitchen which has a split personality, both apples and chickens. I couldn't commit so just used them both, LOL.

How fun that you get to do this with her! I'll bet she loves going to Grandma's House!!

TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a wonderful way for the two of you to get to do things together, and she's learning from you the little lessons of setting a pretty table and developing a love for making her home pretty.

Her little apple tree is so cute, and I love those red/white dishes. I like that she used both the red and green, and the candle was perfect for that too.

Great job!

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Cute Fall table, yachter...congrats to your GD & her t'scaping ideas! This looks great! Love the bright, cheery dishes & the apples look good enough to eat! What fun that your GD can join in your t'scaping! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Your Gdtr should be very proud..
    Everything looks lovely..and how nice that she takes an interest in this.
    You bought some really nice things at such low prices.
    I've never seen anything priced that low at Walmart.
    I guess I'm not looking in the right places.
    I like your apple tree centerpiece..that was also a great buy and it works perfectly with this theme.

I'm looking forward to her Halloween table..

jane

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Yachter, What a fun , bright, colorful table! Your granddaughter did a great job! Getting everything at such bargain prices makes it even more special I think. Can't wait to see her halloween table!
    NanaKaren

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

You are so funny. If you wouldn't of mentioned the napkin being out of place in the first pics, I wouldn't of noticed. Sounds like it was out of place for a good reason.

Be sure and tell DGD we loved another one of her tables. She is on her way to be a Master Tablescaper. My DGD is going to follow in her footsteps if she keeps her interest going and I love it.

BTW, I really like the way you faded the edges in the pictures.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Very, very, very, very nice job! I think it is so nice to take the time to show youngsters that it is possible to "dine elegantly" on a very tiny budget.

The centerpiece is great.

Love the red and white plates, by the way.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It looks so sweet, Lori. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She did a great job!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I second what Kathleen just said. LOL. She summed it up perfectly.
    You and DG make quite the team. How wonderful.

{{gwi:77274}}

Sponsored
More Discussions