Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

More Hallween from Luvs #2

luvstocraft
13 years ago

I shared the Halloween sign and three candy dishes that are in the middle of my mantel already. There's a plate on one side and some pumpkins on candlesticks on the other side.

These are some TS glasses I painted and put a votive on top--well, actually it's on the bottom--you'll see what I mean! LOL

Here's the end table, the tree votive holder was a TS find for $1.99, I saw some in Target for $12.99 just the other day! This plate is one of my favorite creations this year, and the little witch is just from the 99 cent store.

Here's the coffee table, not very creative, but it works. Both little ceramic Halloween items were TS finds.

Have a few more pics but don't want to overload this post, so #3 will be on the way!

Luvs

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Luvs, your mantel display came out lovely. Nice gouping on either side...I like how your Pumpkins look on the
    candleholders. Cute..Cute glass display..I love their faces and how you decorated them. What type of paint did you use?
    Great find with that Votive Tree, and what a great buy. I like the way you have it grouped with the little witch and plate, it's just perfect...I can see why you like that Plate so much...you did a fabulous job on it. I think it's so 'Halloweeny'!
    Your leaf runner with the Hurricane and leaf wreath is just lovely...I like how you put the berry wreaths around your ceramic pieces too.
    I enjoyed seeing all of this too Luvs..

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Your plates and your painted glasses are wonderful. Your vignette turned out really nice. Cute witch and the bats must be the monsters.LOL

The coffee table looks great with the leaves, berries and I love that little ghost's expression.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

More Winners! And what a find in that votive tree! It is great, and the price you paid for it unbelievable. WOW.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Luvs, Wonderful displays, the stemware is darling! The wreath and runner on your coffee table are perfect. It's all great.
    NanaK

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I just LUV the stemware - how cute - are they painted from the inside?? - I can see some adorable Christmas ones in the future. You really scored on the tree votive. I really like everything you have done - headed over to the other thread now - TFS .....

Lynne

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

My, my, you have got Halloween going on at your house girl. Love the votive holder and the cute little pumpkin witch.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

luvs...these Halloween posts are TERRIFIC!
    Ok, in this one, I love your mantel arrangements. That gold plate with the cricut art is lovely w/leaves & that raven. Plus the gourds on your black candlesticks look lovely, too!

Your end table display is wonderful! That "bumpy" orange plate is such a good fit for a witch plate! Love everything & how you've arranged it on this table!
    That pumpkin goblet glass you painted is so-o-o CUTE...he's my fav of the 3 ...you are multi-talented, woman! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL, don't know about multi talented, Jeanne, but I sure can't concentrate on any one thing! Everytime I see something I like, I want to make one!

Jane and Lynne, the stemware are painted on the inside. You could do it with a brush and do two or three coats. I just poured the paint in and swirled it around, then turned upside down to drain and dry, then did it again. Then painted the faces on the outside with acrylic paints and sprayed a coat of sealer over them. These were TS glasses, and so easy even kids could do them. The idea came from some I saw at a craft show, she had gingerbread men, snowmen and santas for Christmas and had even painted the stems and base as part of the hats on some. I loved hers and went back and looked several times. I did some bunny ones at Easter, but just painted the outside.

Jeanne, did you notice the two little acorns I painted on the pumpkin goblet? Just couldn't resist. LOL I searched the TS for colored plates and was lucky enough to find some orange and gold ones. I found some dark purple ones too, but haven't added lettering to them. Guess the lettering would have to be white to show up on them, or maybe I'll get some orange or lime green vinyl ordered to use on them.

Karen, I couldn't believe it when I saw those tree votive holders at Target after I had bought mine at the TS. Needless to say, I really felt like I'd gotten a bargain. Love going "treasure shopping". LOL

Now tell me the truth, should I have added a few leaves or a leaf garland on the end table with the plate and tree voitve holder? Doilies didn't look right, but I thought it looked like it needed "something".

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Those ghost goblets are adorable. The Wicked Witch plate has such a clever saying. I really like it. I'm going to see if I can make a sign like that for my daughter.

For the end table: Try one large book with two smaller books stacked on top of it and pushed to the back edge of the big one (so that the larger book sticks out from under the top two). The tree votive might sit on all three books and the little pumpkin could sit on the single, larger book, so that there are more levels. You could cover them with Halloween colored paper. That way, you only need to look for books that are the proper size and not worry about what the covers look like. Does that make sense?

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

From the least creative among us , I say the coffee table is wonderful!
    You know candle holders are my weakness so I'm green with envy of yours, especially the bat tree holder.
    Your wine glasses are toooo cute. I'm in awe of your talent and anyone who can paint for that matter seeing as I can't draw a stick figure. lol
    Very very nice!!

Sponsored
More Discussions