Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Tree and Tables

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 20:45

I put my tree up a while ago. That was all I was going to do. But after seeing everyone's great tables I decided to do one..After seeing what I had done the 13 witches wanted to have their own [Yes I have a very strange sense of humor] They like the traditional Orange and Black.

I usually have my tree in the TV room. After looking at the picture I moved it to the Living Room because I thought you can see it better without the light coming in the window.
Halloween TreeHalloween Tree

Halloween Tree 1Halloween Tree 1

The Three witches and the black chargers came from CTS.The other stuff I had. For some reason the napkins look blue on my monitor I hope you can tell that they are purple.
Ghost Table 1Ghost Table

Ghost Table 2Ghost Table 1

The witches had a great time with their table.The place mats came from Big Lots. The Table cloth is of the the finest quality vinyl LoL Some of the things I had. Most of the Halloween things came from a little bargain store in my area. The lighting isn't good, because the flash didn't go off.
Witches TableWitches Table

Witches Table 1Witches Table 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Tree and Tables

Nana...love your tree with the Witches. They look like they're having a Grand Ole Time flying around!
I like how you used lights in the Cauldron with the batting. It gives such a dramatic look to everything. I've never seen this idea before (making a mental note for the future).
When did you get your CTS witches? I've never seen them there and really like them. Another great look on the table with the your centerpiece. That ghost looks like it's Rise Up From The Mist. You did a good job on your second table...too good! A little too spooky looking (for me) I don't know if I'd enjoy sitting there with that rat and skeleton head! lol Too realistic for me...

jane

o

OOh my stars....There is a RAT[S] on your table!!! (sorry)eeeeek. LOL

Other than that ,it's lovely and big gold stars for creativity.

I do loove your halloween tree though and the neat smokey look in the pot around it.

o

Photobucket

Your Witch Tree definitely has me thinking I need to save and borrow this idea for next year. I LOVE it!! And especially the "13 Witches" part. I've not done a tree that big, and your base is really neat. WOW. Its got to go in our Forum's inspiration album. (the first photo cause its 'spookier' looking and things show up fine it too)

Then there's your table....PURPLE napkins!! LOL, I have to love that one. I want a CTS store, those 3 witches are so neat! Your orange spooky table is REALLY spooked-up! I like looking at it, but not sure I'd want to share my dinner with that skull and the rats. LOL.

Gosh, looks like we have another "table-scaper" in our gang. I sure am glad you found us so we can enjoy your decorating too!!

Oh, on your ghost n witch table, I keep going back to look at that beautiful chair of yours! When you get tired of it, I'll see if Jane will crank up the bus and pick it up for me! I can't tell if its red or burgundy, but that's ok, I love it!!

hugs, Karen

o

Nana,
What a great job. Another traditional orange and black table. The jack-o-lantern/web place mats are super.

The lights under the batting really make it look like fog or steam is coming out of the tree base. Does it look that cool in real life?

You have one toothy skull!

Bare-branch trees with hanging ornaments are being shown a lot in home catalogs. They're showing really big ones, with different shaped and colored ornaments, that go all the way to the ceiling. I rather like the look. Trouble is, you need just the right tree.

Yours looks great. No too crowded. Just enough.

o

LOL Karen...I went back to check out that chair..
it's hard for me to see it on my small laptop screen...
but if Nana gets tired of it...and you still want it -
just give me a few days notice, to
'Rev Up' the old H/Bus and get her rolling on to Nana's house.
Then that 'baby' will be in your hot little hands asap!
Of course, with Nana's approval! lol

jane

o

Nana, I really love your tree with all the ornaments on it, and like Jane said, the lights in the cauldron at the base are a great touch. I wanted to do a tree and even made little monsters for one, but never found a good branch to use. Maybe next year, huh?

Your three witches are cute, and you even have another cute little tree on it too. I really like how your skull table looks. Love those placemats, didn't see any like that at our BL, but maybe because I didn't know to look for them. That skull has to be one of the most realistic and gruesome ones I've seen. I love the whole black/orange scheme, but have to agree with the other's about not sure I'd want to actually eat there! LOL

While Karen noticed that nice puffy looking chair, I was looking at your pretty cabinet full of neat looking dishes and things. Looks like you have lots more pretties to share with us. We love seeing pretty dishes and hearing the stories that go along with them. Hint hint ;o)

Luvs

o

Oh, nana, your tree is GREAT! Love all the icons of Halloween that you put on it...great ornies! But the light & the bubbly cauldron gives it so much character!

Your 1st t'scape is really CUTE ...the witches are pretty cool...didn't we have someone on here with the witches in her china closet? Were they CTS ones? ummmm...can't recall. These look like "good" witches! Like the lighting on this table, too...& the little pumpkin statues.

The O&B table....ewwwwwwkkkk....scared me to death! The "rats" & that realistic skeleton head....ewwwwwww...I think your pic is very good (w/o flash)...very realistic scary Halloween t'scape! Spiderweb see-thru placemats are cute ...& those little halloween bowls in the place setting. Oh boy, nana, now you're probably HOOKED! We'll be seeing more from you, I bet! LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Well golly gee, looks like Halloween is coming to your house in a big way. The tree is spooktacular. I too, love those witches (I'm not going to whine about the lack of CTS here). I like how you filled the glasses with the skulls, cool. However the last table is my favorite, rats, spiders and skulls just scream Halloween to me.
Frou

o

Nana2010,
Great Job. I see our shopping trip proved to be so creepy:)lol I will enable you anytime.
xoxo
happily_everafter

o

Nice job with both your trees and your tables, Nana! That skeleton head looks very creepy and so does that sneaky little mouse/rat! Love the witches. Can we see a close-up of them????
Re: your lit cauldron . . . be careful with those lights! Remember mine last year? The lights melted some of the batting in my cauldron :~O
This year, I put the lights inside a big, clear glass bowl and covered it partially ( so that air could circulate and not build up a lot of heat) with a clear glass pot lid before adding my batting. BUT, I still only keep the lights on for short periods of time and only when I'm in the room there. Learn from my mistake, please ;^D
Lynn

o

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments[the 13 witches thank you too].
Jane, I got those little witches at CTS last week.
Karen, It's funny when I looked at the pictures of my trees on my camera I didn't care for the first one, but now I can see that it is better. I'm glad you like my chair... one of my dd's calls it my pin cushion chair... it is what I would call wine color, It has a matching couch. I got the set back in the 80's. I'm not tired of it yet, but I'll keep you in mind. lol
OA, I think the tree looks that cool in real life, cause you can see the lights flickering. The branch for my tree is white birch. My DH cut it from a tree in a wooded area behind our house years ago.
Luvs,I love my Curio Cabinet.I'll try to post pics soon.
Jeanne, I posted the pictures of the 13 witches In Sept.[I think] they are different from the ones on the table. I have to tell you I was HOOKED from the very first time I found this forum!!
Frou, I'm glad you like the Orange and black table [the witches are too !! LOL].
Lynn, I'll post pics of the CTS witches as soon one of my DDs comes by to help me. Thanks for the tip on the lights and batting. I'll be careful.
NanaK

o

Ghostly Greetings!

OK, you win the prize for the most fabulous Halloween tables ever!! I really like the first one. It's like a romantic dinner for dead lovers!! The orange and black one is too fun! It's creepy and cool and ready for the monster mash!

The pictures are as good as the decorations too, but I wish I could see them in person. I cannot wait to see what you do for Thanksgiving. :o)

XOXO

Elmaly

o

Hi there, and Welcome. Elmaly. Jump in and tell us about stuff you like and if you can share photos, that would be super.

NanaK...a wine chair AND couch? Be still my heart. That would go PERFECT in my living-room, I have the wine accent wall in there. Plus its "my color". (shhhh, don't tell anyone I like it better than purple!!)

hugs, Karen

o

It looks great, Nana! I love the "smoke"! And the tables are so colorful and fun!

o

Well, everyone else has already said everything!
The tables are great and the picture with the branch tree really does look like the cauldron is bubbling.

I like the orange and black table except for the skull. Its fine for the table, I personally just don't like the skull/bone/blood/gory aspects of the holiday.
Thats why I focus on the cute witches and Jack O'Lanterns and the candy (of course!)

Super job!!

TFS,
Candy

o

So glad you were inspired!!! Wonderful tree and both tables are great. This is such a fun place to come. It's better than Calgon!

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here