Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

OT - hubby built me a new plaything

lynnencfan
12 years ago

My dear wonderful husband built this hutch to sit on top of an old dresser that I had bought when I had my first child - 43 years ago. I painted the dresser white to go with the hutch. We will put doors on the top section to store large seasonal dishes. The hardware will be brushed nickle - still need to buy that. It sits in our dinette area - more room to display dishes and decorate for the holidays. Paint needs to cure but I will have pictures later next week with dishes in it - I am excited :) .....

Lynne

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

WOW! You should be excited! That is really tall & will be beautiful w/your displays! DH did a great job & I like it all painted 'white' ...brushed nickel hardware will look great! And putting it in your dinette area...that's great! TFS, lynne! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

I bet you are doing the Happy Dance!
    That is beautiful and I know you will have a great time changing out the decor for holidays, etc.

What a thoughtful and talented hubby.
    The drawers will be great for storing flatware and linens.

Looking forward to seeing your new toy all decorated.

TFS,
    Candy

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

VERY pretty!! Nice job Hubby!!

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Wow! What a wonderful gift from DH! I can hardly wait to see all that you do with it...each season :)
    Kath

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

Wonderful Be grateful you have such a caring dear one

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Your DH is a keeper!!
    It came out great and will serve so many purposes...mostly fun!
    Look forward to seeing it all 'dressed up' !

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You sure married a Handy Man. This is a wonderful hutch,
    and so tall. You are definitely going to enjoy filling it up!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

WOW Lynne, It is a wonderful piece!
    Brushed nickel hardware will be perfect.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it all decked out!
    Nana

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone. My husband worked for over 18 years on the OuterBanks NC in construction and did a lot of interior finishing on the cottages out there so he is pretty handy with a level and hammer and everything inbetween. I show him a picture of what I like and he takes it from there. Yeah I will keep him since he is also a fantastic cook :) .....

Lynne

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

OK. That's totally unfair. As much as I adore my hubby, he can't tell a Phillips from a flathead. AND, you get one who can cook as well!!!!

"so he is pretty handy with a level and hammer and everything inbetween."

Yep, I'd say so. The piece already looks wonderful, and you haven't given it pulls yet. Now, refrain from putting anything on it until that paint has had a chance to dry completely. I'm always too anxious to wait and am sorry later.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

HE COOKS TOO?????
    I'm with Nana, that is totally unfair. LOL. My DH thinks opening and heating a can of soup is cooking. And the tools are mine, at least the power ones. But he has never MADE anything.
    I guess I'll keep him tho, since its 41 yrs this month. LOL.

You are one lucky woman tho! If you ever want to rent him out, I'm sure there'd be plenty of takers!
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Love your new hutch. So pretty and love the curve in the center board, DH added. Looks very professionally done. I would of thought you bought it if you hadn't told us.

I'm sure OA knows when it comes to letting the paint cure. Would hate to see an oppsie later. I also jump in with both feet to soon sometimes and live to regret it.

And DH cooks. That is awesome. I have a brother who comes to visit alot and loves to cook. I get to come home from work with everything ready to sit down for dinner and it's wonderful. Lucky you he does both.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I missed this post before....how beautiful your new hutch is! What a nice job!

Sponsored
More Discussions