Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

My black and orange table + a new fall find

milosmom_gw
13 years ago

First , I apologize to those who wanted to see Hubbys outside decor. I didn't get a chance to get the pics before the horrendous windstorm and now we're well... less than decorated. grrr

I retrieved 3 of his tombstones from the neighbors, yanked up what was left and tossed them into the basement until this nonsense passes. :( Hopefully this garb will move on Sat and we can get everything put back out and get a photo before the trick or treaters storm in.

I'm in the middle of the giant job of pulling out & revamping the Christmas decor but did make time to change the Halloween table for the week.

The last table until next year... (gripe and groan, no I do not own an orange tablecloth but it is on the "looking for" list).

Slight changes to the sidecabinet..

stealing objects requires replacing them so more slight changes to the living room decor in order to borrow the orange candles.

and my oh so adorable fall TS find for the week... I just couldn't leave him there all alone & homeless. lol (a whole $3.00)

Comments (10)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear about your outside decorations trying to blow away. I know how nasty the winds can blow and raise havoc on decorations. If I was you, don't know that I would take the time to try to put them back up for this year.

Your inside decor is so pretty. I love seeing all your black and orange on this white cloth. Those plates are so neat. Or is the blk one a charger? Nice stemware and matching silverware. It looks great with the bright orange napkins and candles.

Love the candleabra with the orange spiders and those candle holders are so cute with all the other decorations on the buffet. After seeing all the skulls out this year, (and Loving them) I best get my happy butt out and buy some for next year.

Your little squirrel and nut bowl is adorable. Wish they would of had at least 4 for you.LOL

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk :
    Thank you :).
    I left the anchors in place so it won't be hard to put them back out. More of a pain in the rear than anything but my creepy husband is off this weekend after working 17 10hour days straight so I'm pretty sure he'll insist on them being back out to amuse himself when the T&Treaters are out.

The black plates are chargers and I confess the plates are acrylic but gosh it's hard to find an orange square glass plate. *sigh*
    The little squirrel guy is actually pretty big. He's a cookie jar but I rarely keep cookies in the house so he's just for looking at now. LOL

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

MM>> I'm sorry to hear about the wind storm your way and your decorations getting blown around. Hopefully all will be in place again by Halloween.
    We had a Nor'Easter that whipped thru here last week, but I managed to bring in the tomb stones before it hit.
    Nice Halloween Table..
    Your color combination is very striking especially with those plates and chargers...I like how everything looks.
    Each time I see that Candleholder on your Sideboard I'm thinking of how nice it looks and that it's such a different piece.
    Your little Ghosts and creepy orange spiders (only cause their fake)..look cute and your T Lamp is just beautiful.
    Did you have that made custom with the dog pic on it?
    When I saw your squirrel jar...I said '@$#@'..
    you see not that I don't like it...I think it's adorable...it's just that I saw one Exactly like it at a consignment shop last month, and passed it up due to > (stupid mood day)..and seeing yours, you can imagine how I feel now!
    :(

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

MM, I really like your table with the white cloth, really makes the other colors pop! I like how you did the two tone napkins and those black glasses are so cute. You always seem to have just the right candles to use, and they look so nice in your arrangements. Sorry about the wind, I've had the same thing happen here before, usually right after Halloween but while I still have garlands, scarecrows and stuff out front for Fall decorations.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

MM...we are having your winds here last night & today & to continue thru tomorrow...wicked... up to 60 mph ... & so cold ...after all our beautiful Fall weather..well, time is come, I guess...so sorry about your DH's decor! Good luck to him!

I love the square plates & napkins & think they look really good on the white t'cloth. And that candleholder is quite the conversation piece...love it! And as I usually say, I enjoy your side table decor! Cute! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

MM, in that case it's a good thing you only got one squirrel and nut.LOL Jane, so sorry you passed up that one up!

I would of never guessed the orange plates were acrylic and I don't think it matters in the least. I bought some 11" orange TableTops Gallery plates at Ross this year that were cheap ($6.99 for 4). Will use them on a table in the near future with the chip and dip set from DD.

Let DH knock him self out with the decorations and you will be able to enjoy some more too. Sounds like he works some long days and hours. I did that when I was younger but sure don't want history to repeat it's self on that one for me.haha

Again, good to have you back sharing.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane: The T lamp isn't custom but a gift from Hubby from the Danbary Mint a couple of years ago.
    It was un-gawdly expensive for a lamp in my opinion so needless to say, it's probably the only one I'll ever own. LOL

I'm sorry you passed the little squirrel up and know exactly how you feel. More ofton than not, I've done the same and then later thought "grrr I could have used that".

Jeanne: Hope you all made it through the wind alright. That whole storm was wicked and it covered soooo much area.:(
    I woke up this morning to not a leaf moving in sight. Sure hope it stays that way.

Punk: Thank you :), I'm very happy to be back regularly.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

MM..So sorry about the winds ruining your halloween display, what a drag! I love your table. The orange and black against the white table cloth is striking. The candle holder on the side table is great. Mr. squirrel on the cookie jar looks very happy in his new home.
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Those square plates and chargers look sharp, who cares about the plastic. We didn't get the wind here, just a little rain, which we needed. I've seen that squirrel cookie jar before, he's a real cutie patootie.
    Frou

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that you had wind damage from the storm. It came through here, as well, and thank goodness I had enough warning to get stuff moved inside. It was bad!
    Love your candelabra; what a wonderful, spooky design! I have those same "Boo" votive holders . . . how fun! The square orange and black dishes look perfectly Halloweenish, too.
    Lynn

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions