Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Woodfield Leaf Plate Porch Shelf Display + Fall Finds

jeannespines
13 years ago

Had a fun day yesterday with friends ... went shopping to a couple smaller towns about 45 min. away. Well, so much of Fall display/+Halloween stuff was on sale in the specialty shops...cause it's getting close to Christmas displays in those shops! (Nov 4th)...most shops around here close at the end of the mo for 4 days & then hold open house for holidays!

Anyway, I had started a display on porch shelf of my new Woodfield leaf plate & cup that I got on vac & then snagged another place setting off e-bay. So here's a blackbird (40% off) I added to it from my shopping trip: (guess where that idea came from??? all you Enablers R Us!

Here's the full shelf...now I'm working on the one above it with white pitcher & 2 leaf bowls that I added to my stash awhile back. I added some dried prairie grasses to the vase:

I really love these salmon colored luncheon plates & hope to find more in TS's & such ...they were made in 1930-s & discont. in 40's.

At another shop I found this "perfect" t'cloth for my dining table ...it's square & doesn't cover the whole table ...I wanted something burlap-like & had been kind of canvassing for linen in a dark brown color. So, this shop had 40% Fall/Hall. decor ...so I snatched that baby up! (the heck with buying fabric!) LOL! Here it is but needs ironed...(cool iron, it says)...I love it with this fav candle sugar mold & stained glass leaves:

Here's a close up of the stitching in t'cloth & one of the 3 leaves...I got them from Tenderhearts catalog some yrs ago:

This was my first find of the day in a consignment shop...I about jumped for joy as I was looking for an urn for Fall/Christmas ... marked $11 & got 20% off that. I'm working on one of those "Willow Twigs" rice lights arrangements...cut alot of branches today but nothing was looking good...so will save that for another day:

And a stop at GWill ... 2 small Christmas plates (snowmen family) & 2 brandy(?) glasses ... each 75 cts...oh, & the acorn covered glass dish was $1.25 at last consignment shop. Am working on a clear glass arrangement with some other pcs...like the $4 Walmart glass pumpkin bowl w/lid...anyway, yet to come:

Also bought some really cute 8x10 prints & a fall swag (30% off in specialty shop) ...all in all, thanks to all you "Enablers R Us," it was a good day shopping with friends (in person) & in thought ...thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow Jeanne...such pretty things! LOVE the salmon leaf plates and saucers and the yellow vase is gorgeous! Glad you had such a successful shopping day with friends! Lots of new treasures to use.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne, great finds and great prices too.
    I love your Luncheon Set and how you have them displayed. That bird looks so comfortable there.
    I love the natural look of burlap and the color of your tablecloth with it's stitching is really pretty. I like how you displayed the candle holder and the leaves from Tenderhearts on it. Are the leaves made of metal? I like the detailing in them. I like your vase...it reminds me of some yellow ware I have. I'm looking forward to seeing your twig arrangement. Great stuff from GW...love the glass acorn bowl.. That's a neat item to decorate, like the pumpkin one.
    It was nice reading about your fun day with
    friends...even nicer with great shopping thrown in too!

jane

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Love your Woodfield plates & cups! Your day trip was really successful!!Lots of nice stuff!I've never seen the plates & cups but sure are nice. Lady over on antique forum had pitcher with similar pattern but I think all of her scallops are the same height, pic has been taken off already so couldn't compare the 2. Maybe same company made hers, do you know what company it was? Jan

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

marlene...thanks! Had a good day outside in our beautiful weather cleaning up some gardens & mulching. I cleaned out door arbor area & added pinecones to my hanging basket...the Mandevilla got too cold! (frost at night here)

jane...the 3 leaves (you can't see one on other side) are cut from a pc of stained glass (leaf is all one pc) & then they've used metal wire for veins & stem & looks like a kind of sodder around edging of the leaves. I pack them carefully when I put them away...they are quite heavy-duty tho. I also messed & messed today cutting some Curly Willow limbs, Hydrangea branches & Red Dogwood for that urn...but the more I messed, the messier it looked. So will re-evaluate that! Praire grasses might look good??? I saw lots of really cool branches to buy yesterday...but thought I could do my own. :-(

sunny ...sorry the pitcher pic is gone...the plates say "Woodfield" on the back & Stuebenville. They still have some on e-bay.

Thanks for your comments! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, love those dishes and your new bird looks great with them. That vase with the dried prairie grasses also caught my eye. Is the neat vase old and salmon or pink? It sure looks great with your dishes. I hope you can find more of these beautiful dishes at great prices to add to your collection.

Your tablecloth is perfect with the beautiful leaves. Thanks for showing the close ups on both of them. It's all beautiful all lit up and glowing. Your new urn goes well with your dishes and congrats on the great buy.

That snowman plate is so darn cute and you know we all love acorns so how fun you found this one. I'll be looking forward to your clear glass arrangement. That sounds like a fun one!

Always good to hear of one having fun with friends and I always love seeing your decorations. Sorry none of your branch arrangements were pleasing for you. I'm sure you'll get it figured out, knowing you.

Punk

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Wow, what some great finds! I love the salmon colored dishes and that urn is fantastic. I really like the candleholder sitting on top of your new tablecloth and the stained glass leaves...where in the world did you find those?

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne, thanks for ans my ques on the leaves.
    I kind of thought they were a stained glass..The metal veining is what made me think so, but wasn't sure.
    I like them even more now! They're really special, and yes, even tho they're heavy duty, I would pack them carefully.
    I hope you work out your branch display. Sometimes we have to 'step back'..take a break, then try again.
    I find when I'm struggling with something - I become frustrated..and it becomes a challange rather than something I should be enjoying. So, now I've found if I take a break for a day or so,then go back, (with fresh head)..it works out! lol

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Jeanne, sounds like you all had a great trip. The luncheon plates are very nice, I don't think I've ever seen that pattern before. I'm jealous of that tablecloth, it really has that burlap feel without all the shedding. The big gold vase will be wonderful with the grasses and it compliments your Jewel T so well.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I agree with all the nice compliments the other's have expressed about your new finds. Hey, will your new tablecloth work if you just turn it at an angle? I've done that sometime when tablecloth is small. It's such a great color and texture--just perfect for Fall. How neat that you actually found a clear glass acorn! Have never even seen one--will be keeping my eyes open when I see glassware items now! And you just know I love that cute snowman family plate--had an addiction to snowmen waaay before I got addicted to acorns! LOL Just love their cute faces. So glad you had a fun shopping day and will look forward to seeing these pieces in future pics.

Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Wow you found some real goodies!! I love the urn and those leaves are beautiful!
    I have a sugar mold like that, only mine is not as nicely finished. I use it on our hearth sometimes when it is too hot for a fire in the fireplace. I will think of you the next time I get it out!
    Thanks for posting,
    J

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

luvs... LOL at the Enabler R Us...I wouldn't even have noticed that glass acorn dish (if not for you)! And, the t'cloth in this pic is "kitty-cornered"...whatever the terminology...each point pointed toward a chair...I do like it alot. I'm a "snowman" addict, too...many yrs now...these new TS plates still had K's Merchandise labels on back so I plan to use them for gifts.

jaybird...thanks...I like the rustic of the sugar molds...I bought mine in a specialty store so it's probably not old...you may have an original...either way, they're kind of expensive...but I use it usually all yr round (somewhere). I bet you don't need a fireplace often!

frou...those Woodfield plates come in other colors, too...will be on the lookout altho I did put a bid on ebay for 6 more plates (no cups) so they started the bid low...we shall see. Yup, the vase goes good with my Autumn Leaf dishes & I thought it would be a good Christmas color, too.

dream...SG leaves from "Tenderhearts"...probably about 10 yrs. ago or so...don't see them in their catalog now...so far I've kept from breaking them!

punk...that vase with the prairie grass is a "pinkish" color...but blends in with the salmon ...I bought it at an antique store so don't really know if it was old...loved the color & shape & the $$$ was right! LOL!

Ahhh, we'll see how the clear glassware Fall decor works out & the darn ol' branches for the urn! Jane,,, still am having fun with it all! (but I know what you mean)!

Thanks for your gracious comments, holiday-ers! Jeanne S.
    eh gads, I see now I've rattled on again! Oops!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I agree with all that's been said.

My mother used to have some Stuebenville stuff. I'll have to look them up after this posting. I always like to know the history of the manufacture, especially if the dishware is no longer made.

My favorites are your tablecloth, leaves and raven. I agree with Jane. The tablecloth says rustic without sending little bits of thread every which way.

I've always been attracted to those sugar mold votive holders. I think one would look good on my patio hearth. I'll have to keep my eye open for a bargain. They're not cheap, if I recall.

Your story of the dry arrangement (I have that exact glass vase, by the way.) made me smile. I can't tell you how many times I've experienced that!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL, OA! Often times I think I should take a "flower-arranging" class! Isn't it funny how much you, jane & I seem to have alot of the same "stuff" around...amazing! Guess we are soulmates, somewhere, somehow (on opposite ends of the country & in the middle!) Thanks, OA! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

WOW, Jeanne, you hit the jackpot shopping. What a great day full of fun and friends. Doesn't get much better than that. I don't know what I can add that the others haven't already said so well. Your arrangements are lovely, that raven is a wonderful find (I LOVE birds), and that yellow urn is a SUPER find!

Thanks for all the great eye-candy. I'm sitting here watching the Derby and enjoying your pretties.

OA...its GREAT to see you back again! I have REALLY missed you!!
    hugs, Karen