Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

two Witches and a beautiful Santa

Purplemoon
13 years ago

I'd wanted the cute Target Witch Nutcracker but she got sold out and I missed her unfortunately. But then on eBay I saw another witch nutcracker...a fancy lady, my goodness.

LOL. So I got her. (maybe I'll someday the Target one too, as the two gals are quite different)

Target Nutcracker Witch

{{gwi:1443362}}

Nutcracker Witch_Fancy

{{gwi:1443363}}

Y'all may remember I wanted a specific Santa Chef one of you found last year, but have had no luck finding that particular guy. However eBay did offer up one I liked a lot and would go perfect with my Nutcracker Chef I think.

I still have been watching eBay for that SPECIFIC Santa I want. But dang it all, they have one on now that I am in love with. He's got a great face. I am sooooo tempted...

should I or shouldn't I? He's not cheap but I figure he will last the rest of my life, LOL.

Beautiful Santa Chef

{{gwi:1443364}}

hugs, Karen

Comments (15)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, your Target Nutcracker Witch is so You with the purple dress and hat band and darling little ghost. The Ebay Nutcracker Witch is Fancy and will look great added to your collection too. The little spider hanging from her hat is cute. It that a Big Spider on the side of her dress? She seems calm if so.LOL

As for Santa Chef (should I or shouldn't I?) I vote yes and you already have the explanation figured out. (You'll have him the rest of your life). This makes me laugh! Just Do It!

I bought 2 sets of colored silverware last weekend. Now I have red and brown too. I don't want to be the only one who jumps in with both feet!!!LOL

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen... I say 'Go For It'..
    Remember we only go around once..and if he brings you pleasure (w/o hurting anyone)..hehehe...Get Him!

Think of all the years of smiles he will bring you... because you got him...and if you don't...
    all the years of 'I should have' :(

Cute nutcracker Witch..She is a 'Fancy One'.
    I can't believe She Has A PURPLE Cape!!...
    Another one meant for you..glad you got her.

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I vote YES.

You know, I've been thinking about a chef Santa myself. He definitely has a nice face. And cute accessories too.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, this seller has another one like this, plus a different one. She even has a Chef Nutcracker if you're interested. (Most Sellers combine shipping too).

I kept looking at the face on this Santa, and I think its one of the nicest I've seen. He certainly stole my heart with it. LOL. So I bought him, with a tiny nudge from you Enablers! Ok, so now I will have TWO Chef Santas...that first one I wanted to find better NOT show up, as I don't need three. LOL. I'll quit looking at Santas on eBay now.

I wanted the Target Witch cause she was just plain cute,
    and added bonus she was wearing purple. I should have ordered her online that first night I saw her, cause the very next day she was sold out it seems. Maybe she'll show up next year on eBay. ;o) The bug crawling up Fancy Witch's gown looks like a centipede instead of spider. It was nice of Fancy to have a purple cape for me wasn't it?

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa Chefs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Great Nutcrackers, Karen I'll bet you get the Target one someday! That Santa Chef is great. Looks like he's ready do do some serious baking!!!
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Karen, those are wonderful finds. The fancy witch is very different, I like her buggy outfit too. Of course you neeeeeded that Santa, it's darling. I wish I could find a pink Santa chef.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

PM...Ok, I'm late voting...but I'll go ahead & say, "the third time's a charm!" That means, if ....("Ok, so now I will have TWO Chef Santas...that first one I wanted to find better NOT show up, as I don't need three") LOL! Love the nutcracker, too...she's a cutie! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

No wonder you wanted that cute little Target nutcracker witch! I bet one will turn up sometime if you are patient. The ebay one is very different and great looking too.

As for the santa chef, they are darling and you are right, this one has a nice face. You will enjoy seeing him and it will make you smile just knowing you found a nice one. We need those smiles--more some days than others, right????

Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I'm so glad you got that Santa nutcracker, Karen! He has such a great face, doesn't he? Love the witch nutcracker, too, but am sorry that you didn't get the purple one . . . it was so you! I'll keep an eye out for her at my own Target.
    Lynn

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

I am not sure they are the exact same as Karen"s but Michael's had the Chef Santa's yesterday that really looked for all the world like the picture that Karen posted. They also had Carpenter Santas , that had a little work apron with his square, screwdriver and other tools, that I am thinking about getting for DH.He has bought md a Santa for the last 18 years, (we;ve been married 18 yrs) some of them quite large and nice-- my only problem, not enough room to display all them.(I also have several that have been gifts from kids, GKS and friends)I love my Santa's; but also love my villages, nativities, snow globes. candles ect. I need more room, esp since finding this forum and the dishaholics. Just thought some of you might still be looking for Chef Santas. By the way, I loved all the halloween decorating you galls have done. It has sure gotten me interested in watching for and making things for next year. Janet

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gosh, if its the same Santa Chef I could have saved some $$$. Oh Janet..you really got me with this statement...
    "I love my Santa's; but also love my villages, nativities, snow globes. candles ect. I need more room, esp since finding this forum"
    How VERY VERY true! Like you, I love my Santa's, my Nutcrackers, my Village, my white Holiday Elegance figurines, etc etc etc. But its going to be so hard to figure out how to display it all this year. :o( Last year I left my Village packed, and regretted it for a long time. Because of the 4 cats, or because of the one particular cat actually, I am really limited on where I can
    safely set up my Village. Two years ago it was IN my huge
    antique china cabinet. (that means moving and storing over 100 Trail of Painted Pony figurines). Last year, after moving all those ponies, I put my special white figurines in their cabinet. This year I want my Village up and must move all those ponies again, and also find some place to put the Holiday Elegance figurines.
    I've got too many Christmas "collections", and too darn much stuff. But guess I'll get it figured out somehow, I'm just kind of dreading it this year. Its become so difficult to decorate..you understand since you have Fibro
    too. Takes me weeks now instead of days. I hate that!!

ChristmasCANDY...any tips for us? LOL. I can't even begin to imagine what all you've got. Probably a houseful
    and more!! I can't wait to see and hear about ALL of it.

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Karen, Look what I saw on Ebay tonight! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Target Witch Nutcracker

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ahhhhh...Kirk, you stinker! Now I have to make a quick decision whether to bid or not. At Target, they were around $10. Of course I won't get that lucky I know, the only way to get her now is from eBay. I didn't expect one to even show up this year, so hadn't looked!

oh, what to do. WHAT to do! I really do want her.
    By the way, what the heck are you doing looking at witches on eBay?? Aren't you supposed to be looking at bears?
    LOL.

hugs, Karen

• judithva
    13 years ago

Karen, because I am a total enabler, you know my answer, get what ever makes you happy, life is short!

That Santa chef would go so well with a kitchen Candy Land/cooking vignette. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your treasures.

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Karen, Did you see the seller's other items? ALL NUTCRACKERS! Some pretty COOL ones! I was just thinking of my NUTTY friend Karen and had to look up nutcrackers last night! Hee hee! Just kiddin'! Bear Hugs! Kirk, the true NUT :o)

Sponsored
More Discussions